Have your guys tried replacing your ENTIRE setup?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
woodyfly

Have your guys tried replacing your ENTIRE setup?

Post by woodyfly » 20 Feb 2023, 19:18

Instead of a new parts or a new PC, has anyone tried replacing their entire setup down to new components down to every single cable, mouse, keyboard and pc?

assombrosso

Re: Have your guys tried replacing your ENTIRE setup?

Post by assombrosso » 21 Feb 2023, 04:31

woodyfly wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 19:18
Instead of a new parts or a new PC, has anyone tried replacing their entire setup down to new components down to every single cable, mouse, keyboard and pc?
Yes I know couple of ppl who said that did it and it didn’t work. only guy who said it helped him, said he had to move to a “good location” and then replace all of his pc components because even the location was good and the lag was gone, it wasn’t fully gone so he replaced all components to fix all the lag, and he was successful.

So if you wana stay at your current location and replace all parts, that woulnt work, the lag will happen in 1-2 weeks max.

delve

Post by delve » 21 Feb 2023, 06:33

No, but I plan to test power station plus new setup to rule out damage from bad electricity. If this doesn't work, i am certain, it is emi over air at least in my case.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 21 Feb 2023, 07:24

delve wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 06:33
No, but I plan to test power station plus new setup to rule out damage from bad electricity. If this doesn't work, i am certain, it is emi over air at least in my case.
Can also be servers/isp , very underrated one,

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 22 Feb 2023, 07:26

Buying a whole new setup won't help. I have an iMac and a PC here. Both have this issue (mouse is heavy, microstutters overall, etc). One thing to note tho, I had my GPU inserted in a different PC and a location where this issue is non existent and there was no input lag or stutter at all, so I don't think components get "infected" like that. Maybe the motherboard or the PSU, but CPU, RAM and GPU at least should be fine.