Input lag fixed only in offline maps (new location)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Input lag fixed only in offline maps (new location)

Post by assombrosso » 01 Mar 2023, 10:11

So this is my 8th location in my current country (I change location due to work) , in the last 7 locations, I had lag in csgo online and offline and both were always literally the exact same in all locations, slowness in mouse/keyboard, difficulty tracking players n switching weapons, really bad hitreg.

Fixes that worked before:

reinstalling a certain windows version, it fixed lag always for the first few rounds /10-15 minutes and then lag comes back, removing headphone Jack abit seemed to elevate lag for some time, resetting csgo settings.

Fixes that didn’t work :

Power station,returned it back next day because there was 0 improvement even at offline, tried different internet cafes, all bad, tried replacing pc parts to high tier components like mobo cpu psu , fixed lag first 2 days then issues come back.

New location, all the lag I had in offline completely gone, it’s very easy to counter strave, spray transfer across mutiple bots, get all Insta headshots while bots moving and while I move, everything is snappy , much easier to bunny hope consistently as well.
Only down side, and this is perhaps to my internet connection plan, it’s laggy in tdm and especially faceit, like I hear my voice disconnecting while replaying demo and a lot of skipping is going on.
Will get fiber installed and will see from there but what gives me hope this time is that it’s literally perfect In offline maps, before this new location, offline maps were give or take more or less the same as online maps . Switching weapons, sprays and mouse control is extremely fast now but the only thing that hinders it is internet, basically everything doesn’t register fast.

This right here proves that location is the main culprit to target fixing this issue , and it’s not due to being connected to the grid, possible issue is RFI affecting the entire area. This location is very far from city area.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Input lag fixed only in offline maps (new location)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Mar 2023, 21:26

assombrosso wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 10:11
Fixes that didn’t work :

Power station,returned it back next day because there was 0 improvement even at offline, tried different internet cafes, all bad, tried replacing pc parts to high tier components like mobo cpu psu , fixed lag first 2 days then issues come back.
Just want to chime in if others try a power station.

In some extreme cases, remember to 100% isolate all metal (no Ethernet wire, no mouse wires, etc). Interference, including grounding faults, can inject into USB cables too (Creating error correction events that can lag things down), so going wireless can be less laggy in some situations.

Ground isolation techniques can also be an alternative (e.g. cheater plug with its ground wired to a metal pipe in your dwelling), to bypass a missing-grounding or flawed-grounding situation, which can creates inordinate amounts of interference even on USB cables which requires good grounding.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 02 Mar 2023, 08:33

I think you are the first person for 5 years with same problem that i have. I never had lag offline or on desktop ,only online. I tried different locations ,but its same everywhere. Few days ago i tried Dota2(online) and Overwatch(online) I couldnt feel any problem with the mouse in both games,but in cs go online is unplayable.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 02 Mar 2023, 09:32

SKILLEN wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 08:33
I think you are the first person for 5 years with same problem that i have. I never had lag offline or on desktop ,only online. I tried different locations ,but its same everywhere. Few days ago i tried Dota2(online) and Overwatch(online) I couldnt feel any problem with the mouse in both games,but in cs go online is unplayable.
My csgo lag is very weird, in tdm it’s much better than faceit but still not like offline and it gets worse as more time I play but has to be a lot more games until it gets worse in tdm. Faceit is literally lag hell, people are telling me I’m lagging all the time, watching demo and hearing my voices Theres a lot of disconnections and crackling, very bizzare stuff. I need to try different games like valorant for example, perhaps they have better servers and if my hitreg is good in there similar to offline? Then I can confidently say my lag in csgo at the moment is pure internet/servers where as before it was electricity and servers/net.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 09:36

assombrosso wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 09:32
SKILLEN wrote:
My csgo lag is very weird, in tdm it’s much better than faceit but still not like offline and it gets worse as more time I play but has to be a lot more games until it gets worse in tdm. Faceit is literally lag hell, people are telling me I’m lagging all the time, watching demo and hearing my voices Theres a lot of disconnections and crackling, very bizzare stuff. I need to try different games like valorant for example, perhaps they have better servers and if my hitreg is good in there similar to offline? Then I can confidently say my lag in csgo at the moment is pure internet/servers where as before it was electricity and servers/net.
you gonna feel same changes in valorant too...xD

believe me.

i know this too...
word by word everything you describe happens 1:1 in valorant.

you not gonna see lag but it will feel very weird from match to match and comp, unrated or tdm and even other modes...its crazy sometimes and like you play every time another game...

my theory is still that something happens while you connect to match or while in the lobby...

even the loading times for maps and matches are different and changes...sometimes the match loading like forever and you believe that it freezed or stuck...
but sometimes it is very fast...

that thing what you gonna notice in valorant for sure.
Last edited by blackmagic on 02 Mar 2023, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 02 Mar 2023, 09:42

blackmagic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 09:36
assombrosso wrote:
SKILLEN wrote:

believe me.

i know this too...

you not gonna see lag but it will feel weird from match to match and comp, unrated or tdm and even other modes...its crazy sometimes.

my theory is still that something happens while you connect to match or while in the lobby...

even the loading times for maps and matches are different and changes...sometimes the match loading like forever and you believe that it freezed or stuck...

that what you gonna notice in valorant for sure.
Do you have lag both online and offline and there isn’t much of an improvement between both ?

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 09:46

assombrosso wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 09:42
blackmagic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 09:36
assombrosso wrote:
SKILLEN wrote:

believe me.

i know this too...

you not gonna see lag but it will feel weird from match to match and comp, unrated or tdm and even other modes...its crazy sometimes.

that what you gonna notice in valorant for sure.
Do you have lag both online and offline and there isn’t much of an improvement between both ?

i would say that my problem is only online and offline i can't rly tell...but everything seems fine and if only online would work the way it worked in the past here...then all would be fine for me and i would don't even come to forums like this or even talk about all this.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 09:58

the reason i start to search for help...

was that i noticed one day that something is going very wrong in the game where i wasted almost 2k hours and had fun and feel ok and fine...

after i tried other games (which i played before and know very good) and even older games like cs 1.6 and noticed same pattern happening there and the online performance degrading thing or changing with every other connect and match or game start...

so that why i don't believe more in electricity or offline input lag and that just placebos which has nothing rly to do with the main problem which is the online and happening in online for me...that where i start to see the big changes in my gameplay and solo performance...

but change ISP and hardware or change location (another apartment in town) don't solve this for me and everything still same bad here and nothing improved since that days here...

i sadly don't find the magic fix or the difference which could tell me what the hell happened to my solo performance in online and who to blame for this bullshit...

edit:
last time when i changed ISP here in germany...my ping and jitter become even better and more stable 20ms to frankfurt servers...before it was 40-50ms with my old ISP...

but this change had zero effect on my solo performance in online and the problem at all...

ping is rly useless and there must be something else going on between LOCATION - ISP - SERVER...

but if it worked once in the past good here and it was possible to play and have fun...then there must be something else that changed somewhere which caused this hard solo performance drop on me in online and ruined the fun for me...

i see only 2 options today:

1. i rly hope that one day i gonna find it out (the truth) and i gonna beat the shit out of this people and even more...

2. but if this all is my fault (i'm the problem who caused that big change) and the stupid one who lost his logic and common sense...then i gonna beat the shit out of myself and leave this blue planet named earth.

that my plan for the next another 10 years.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 02 Mar 2023, 12:37

assombrosso wrote:
SKILLEN wrote:
Same thing my friend , in dm is much better but not close to how it is in offline,but faceit,mm is nightmare.
I wrote this somewhere ---> Playing offline with bots,perfect gameplay, then kicked bots and invite 9 friends in the same server to play 5vs5 --> input lag
i still had 0ms ping unexplainable

I download valorant and played 1h dm not sure how this game should perform ,but i should be much better than i was.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 13:22

the reason why i don't believe that my issue is connected with electricity or other inteferences is because i realized that i am not alone with this issue and problem....and there even much more people out there like me...but maybe some of them had this bad state always and that why they dont talk because they don't know how there online gaming can be and how they can perform if not that thing which turns an handicap on them and there online performance....

if not that hard drop in my solo performance would happen to me....then i probably would probably dont notice it all too...
it would be all normal for me...

and the chance that so many people having problem with electricity or emi or something else in this direction...this all is just absurd and that what my logic and common sense tells me...

it must be connected with servers and our isp's...there no other way around...

that why chief is right...
he says too that 99% our issue is not electricity, emi, emf, grounding and this are really rare cases and which probably are fixable for people who rly experience such problems and issue...

but many people here are on an placebo trip and false believe that there online gaming performance issues are connected with things like that above...

but blieve me...it is not.
its the wrong path you going and re-searching...