my house does not have a ground connection, could that be the problem?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
xXMETROIXx

my house does not have a ground connection, could that be the problem?

Post by xXMETROIXx » 04 Mar 2023, 13:02

Hello, I recently created another post (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11285&p=90015&hili ... ync#p89868)where I talked about the possible cause of my desync being due to my internet. The thing is, recently I started to remember the time when I didn't have any of these problems, I could aim accurately, the enemies had a normal reaction time, etc. This time when I had no problems was before I moved house. The electricity in my old house was a bit unstable, I had voltage drops and different problems, but the only thing I remember is that in that house I had a ground connection, which is not in my current house. In fact, I recently went back to that old house and played on my cousin's PC and everything felt great. In fact, in my previous post I said that I changed my ISP because I thought that was the reason for my desync problem, the thing is that in my old house they have my old ISP but there was no desync there and the mouse responded perfectly. Could the fact that my house is not grounded be the cause of my problem? Thanks in advance.

delve

Re: my house does not have a ground connection, could that be the problem?

Post by delve » 04 Mar 2023, 17:11

Unlikely, many people who have this issue with lag and desync have grounding. I have both grounded and ungrounded outlets, on both my pc has problems.

The ground is mostly for safety purposes.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 05 Mar 2023, 02:53

I disagree, you should always plug grounded things (e.g. computers) to the grounded outlet.

If you don't connect some of the leakage currents (e.g. EMI filters), start circulating between all the wires in the computer.

"Switched-mode power supply (SMPS) typically used in
personal computers, laser printers, and other equipment.
Here the DC ground of the SMPS output is referenced to
the protective earth (PE) conductor of the mains via the
SMPS chassis. This direct link, therefore, acts as a sense
conductor, establishing the PE voltage as the local DC
ground potential."

Ground (PE) is also used as a voltage reference, which should not vary.
Attachments
Faults.png
Faults.png (72.16 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 05 Mar 2023, 07:38

delve wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2023, 17:11
Unlikely, many people who have this issue with lag and desync have grounding. I have both grounded and ungrounded outlets, on both my pc has problems.

The ground is mostly for safety purposes.
Actually it's not, as cybepine mentioned, most newer microchip containing electronics have EMI Filters in them and in order for that filter to function properly and within specs & EMC Standards it needs a ground line. It's true that the number one reason for grounding is safety, yet it doesn't mean it's the sole reason.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

delve

Post by delve » 05 Mar 2023, 08:13

and yet noone fixed it with grounding, also how do phones and laptops work then.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2023, 06:18

Grounding problems are a common cause of major interference causing problems in PC. But going grounded does not always fix the problem because there are an infinite number of problems (other than poor grounding).
05 Mar 2023, 08:13
and yet noone fixed it with grounding
Some have fixed it.
It just isn't a one-size-fixes-all.
also how do phones and laptops work then.
They are completely wireless. No ungrounded electricity wires to cause problems.

Please stick to proper science. Thank you.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 13 Mar 2023, 12:21

xXMETROIXx wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2023, 13:02
Hello, I recently created another post (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11285&p=90015&hili ... ync#p89868)where I talked about the possible cause of my desync being due to my internet. The thing is, recently I started to remember the time when I didn't have any of these problems, I could aim accurately, the enemies had a normal reaction time, etc. This time when I had no problems was before I moved house. The electricity in my old house was a bit unstable, I had voltage drops and different problems, but the only thing I remember is that in that house I had a ground connection, which is not in my current house. In fact, I recently went back to that old house and played on my cousin's PC and everything felt great. In fact, in my previous post I said that I changed my ISP because I thought that was the reason for my desync problem, the thing is that in my old house they have my old ISP but there was no desync there and the mouse responded perfectly. Could the fact that my house is not grounded be the cause of my problem? Thanks in advance.
absolutely it is. but the fact is you have to prepare a really proper grounding, but unfortunately another fact is you cant perform a proper grounding easily and even if you do, you cant make sure if it will stay at its initial state for a long time or not. so you always have to check it with proper tools like Megger. and even if you do it all, you may not feel any difference, because like the chief blurbuster said, there are infinite number of problems, and the proper grounding is the first level of this game.
btw I dont have proper tools to measure my grounding, but when I read it that I have to always check it for a proper grounding, I may buy one, but I think my problem is not related to it, idk

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 05 Apr 2023, 09:09

Ground line EMI filter

This is hit or miss!

I take no responsibility if it doesn't work.

If you have time varying input lag and you are willing to lose money, then I suggest to at least try.
This is the only company that manufactures these, with ground EMI filter.

I have not emailed them to ask how much do they cost.

The EMI Mysteries of Ground:

https://www.onfilter.com/so/6bORtXMVD?languageTag=en

Comes with sockets of USA, German and so on.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 18 Apr 2023, 13:33

I found interesting white paper. It does not contain a practical solution, but gives a hint on how to look for it.
I am not electrical engineer (I'm an engineer though), so I can not give more advice, sadly.

These are the most important texts from it:

"Much of the equipment (e.g computers) that produces noise on the earth is also sensitive to it – but there is a difference; the equipment produces noise currents and it is sensitive to noise voltages. If the noise currents can be transported to earth without producing noise voltage drop, all will be well."

^^Look solution to this^^

"As microelectronic devices have developed and operating voltages have reduced, the energy required to switch logic states and the immunity to voltage noise have generally decreased making them more sensitive to noise. The effect of this trend has been offset by improvements in system design to improve noise immunity.

These measures include the use of differential interfaces and better software design, such as the use of error detecting and correcting protocols on networks. These techniques are very effective, but reduce network throughput by sending redundant
(error control) data and requiring re-transmission of failed data packets. As the electrical noise increases,
the error rate increases, and throughput decreases until useful communication ceases completely.

To the user it appears as if the system has suddenly failed, whereas in fact it has merely degraded so far that the
recovery mechanisms provided can no longer cope. If the electrical noise can be reduced to a low enough
level, the error rate will reduce also and data transmission will again be possible. High noise levels reduce
throughput by requiring repeat transmission and reduce efficiency."
Attachments
A_Practical_Approach_to_Earthing.pdf
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 30 Apr 2023, 03:22

and yet noone fixed it with grounding, also how do phones and laptops work then.
For me in an old place grounding made things even worse, it became so choppy I couldn't play a single match. It's hit or miss imo