Its not electricity for me, I think it's windows

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
woodyfly

Its not electricity for me, I think it's windows

Post by woodyfly » 07 Mar 2023, 06:10

On linux csgo feels way more responsive despite lower fps. There is no desync, kills are normal. On windows enemies fly around the corner with monesy level reaction times.
Last edited by woodyfly on 10 Mar 2023, 03:21, edited 2 times in total.

assombrosso

Re: Its not electricity for me, I think it's windows

Post by assombrosso » 07 Mar 2023, 06:50

woodyfly wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:10
On linux csgo feels way more responsive, everything feels instant, reminds me of the early days of win 7. I have much more time to react, it almost feels like I'm ahead of the game and they're behind. The game just feels easier. On windows 10 it feels like I have +50-100ms to everything I do. Movement, aiming, even hit registration feels like it takes longer to reg and enemies have inhuman reactions and appear around corners like they're monesy.

The question is how do I get that same level of responsiveness on windows? Haven't been able to reach it but atleast I have something to compare to.
For me Linux was worse.

delve

Post by delve » 07 Mar 2023, 06:51

woodyfly wrote:
On linux csgo feels way more responsive, everything feels instant, reminds me of the early days of win 7. I have much more time to react, it almost feels like I'm ahead of the game and they're behind. The game just feels easier. On windows 10 it feels like I have +50-100ms to everything I do. Movement, aiming, even hit registration feels like it takes longer to reg and enemies have inhuman reactions and appear around corners like they're monesy.

The question is how do I get that same level of responsiveness on windows? Haven't been able to reach it but atleast I have something to compare to.
which linux have you tried?

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 08 Mar 2023, 23:18

delve wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:51
woodyfly wrote:

which linux have you tried?
ubuntu. Frame rates were pretty inconsistent but the game felt more responsive despite all that.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 10 Mar 2023, 09:17

woodyfly wrote:
On linux csgo feels way more responsive despite lower fps. There is no desync, kills are normal. On windows enemies fly around the corner with monesy level reaction times.
How long did you play on linux? First 5 minutes to hours feel good for me when trying games on new platform but then the desync input lag returns or get worse over time

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 13 Mar 2023, 12:34

woodyfly wrote:
nah, I tried linux, the thing is I even have some mouse jumps in linux, I tried nobara, a gaming version of fedora. idk if those mouse jumps is because of that version or not because I installed the wayland one, but I had some no problem times with mouse in it, idk why, I think the same thing that happens in windows in different times like having no input lags in late night times, happens in linux too.

deama

Post by deama » 24 Apr 2023, 16:01

Might be worth it to try the low latency kernel like liqourix, can help with FPS and input lag.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 27 Apr 2023, 12:08

Anyone here tried playing on linux for, let's say, a couple of days or weeks? To make sure it's not "first hours" cure but some real change.
edit: I tried Ubuntu+Proton and some "non-native" Linux games, couldn't tell the difference, but that's my case.