What helped me

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
asappppp

Re: What helped me

Post by asappppp » 12 Mar 2023, 17:07

assombrosso wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 14:38
This could have merit to it but not by much tbh, it may not help ppl who have the lag at certain time and then lag free other times. But it might be for people who have it non stop , and in many locations despite what they do. It might an avenue worth investing time into.
Actually in my case mouse sensitivity would randomly get back to normal, especially during the cold boots (so it's not like I was having it all the time).

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 12 Mar 2023, 18:49

asappppp wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 17:07
assombrosso wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 14:38
This could have merit to it but not by much tbh, it may not help ppl who have the lag at certain time and then lag free other times. But it might be for people who have it non stop , and in many locations despite what they do. It might an avenue worth investing time into.
Actually in my case mouse sensitivity would randomly get back to normal, especially during the cold boots (so it's not like I was having it all the time).
Nah I meant for ppl who say they don’t have any lag at 3am -5am. I don’t talk about after rebooting or changing bios settings, those give relief of lag for some minutes until lag comes back from my experience as well

asappppp

Post by asappppp » 13 Mar 2023, 04:04

texre wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 16:23
asappppp wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 08:16
Hi, first of all sorry for the long read and bad language(it's not my native).
I wanted to thank you, because I'm feeling like a little kid at the Christmas tree right now :lol: . For the past 2 days since seeing your post my mouse is snappy and feels natural (no ice feeling). I just wanted to thank you and bump this, in case someone will be wondering if such simple thing might help - it does. I have never paid attention to cables and how they are wired and what distance is between them. So I even made an account just to post this. I understand that this fix might not help everybody, so if you want to, just try it but I don't want to argue with anybody and prove something to somebody, take it as you want it.

I can share short info about me, I'm long time blurbusters forum lurker and I'm competitive fps player(Quake, Apex - master elo) and I had this problem for 10 years. I would always instantly feel when mouse becomes floaty, shots not feeling snappy, accuracy would drop instantly, and I've been playing like this for 10 years, just because I like competitive fps games. So after 10 years of experiencing this issue (floaty/on ice feeling mouse) I can confirm that for the past 2 days everything is good and this haven't happened to me in the last 10 years, so I think it's fixed. Overall I've changed 2 apartments, 3 pc's, all possible hardware you can think of, tried all possible tweaks for windows/bios and configs - some of these things changed how mouse feels, but the floaty/ice feeling would always comeback in a span of couple of hours, minutes and not only in games, but in windows too. So I understood that it's EMI related and basically gave up and was checking this forum from time to time, to maybe get some ideas.

So what I did after reading this post - I made sure that each cable is indeed not overlapping with each other, monitor power cable and pc power cable are using the same power strip with surge protection (Brennenstuhl Premium-Line 2 USB, I had it for a long time, just wanted to let somebody know my exact setup. I also suspect that maybe it's not needed at all) and the distance between them +- 30cm (they are using different sockets 1st and 5th). DP cable from monitor also has around 20-30cm distance from monitor's power cable. Keyboard cable also has around 20-30cm distance from monitor cable and etc. I have wireless mouse(logitech gpro x superlight with receiver placed into usb3.0 port in the back of my motherboard). I also have wifi router near my pc so I also made sure that it's cables not overlapping with the other cables from my PC. Basically make sure that every cable has some space from each other.
Did you rearrange the cables on the inside of the case or only the outside ?
I haven't touched anything inside, only outside

DeadEyes

Post by DeadEyes » 13 Mar 2023, 05:16

asappppp wrote:
I wanted to thank you, because I'm feeling like a little kid at the Christmas tree right now :lol: . For the past 2 days since seeing your post my mouse is snappy and feels natural (no ice feeling). I just wanted to thank you and bump this, in case someone will be wondering if such simple thing might help - it does. I have never paid attention to cables and how they are wired and what distance is between them. So I even made an account just to post this. I understand that this fix might not help everybody, so if you want to, just try it but I don't want to argue with anybody and prove something to somebody, take it as you want it.

I can share short info about me, I'm long time blurbusters forum lurker and I'm competitive fps player(Quake, Apex - master elo) and I had this problem for 10 years. I would always instantly feel when mouse becomes floaty, shots not feeling snappy, accuracy would drop instantly, and I've been playing like this for 10 years, just because I like competitive fps games. So after 10 years of experiencing this issue (floaty/on ice feeling mouse) I can confirm that for the past 2 days everything is good and this haven't happened to me in the last 10 years, so I think it's fixed. Overall I've changed 2 apartments, 3 pc's, all possible hardware you can think of, tried all possible tweaks for windows/bios and configs - some of these things changed how mouse feels, but the floaty/ice feeling would always comeback in a span of couple of hours, minutes and not only in games, but in windows too. So I understood that it's EMI related and basically gave up and was checking this forum from time to time, to maybe get some ideas.

So what I did after reading this post - I made sure that each cable is indeed not overlapping with each other, monitor power cable and pc power cable are using the same power strip with surge protection (Brennenstuhl Premium-Line 2 USB, I had it for a long time, just wanted to let somebody know my exact setup. I also suspect that maybe it's not needed at all) and the distance between them +- 30cm (they are using different sockets 1st and 5th). DP cable from monitor also has around 20-30cm distance from monitor's power cable. Keyboard cable also has around 20-30cm distance from monitor cable and etc. I have wireless mouse(logitech gpro x superlight with receiver placed into usb3.0 port in the back of my motherboard). I also have wifi router near my pc so I also made sure that it's cables not overlapping with the other cables from my PC. Basically make sure that every cable has some space from each other.
Hello friend! I am very glad that this helped you. Can I ask you to keep me informed how your computer will work in 1 week, 2 weeks and 1 month? I have been doing well with my computer for a week and a half. I ask you to pay attention to the fact that if the Internet is connected to your PC by an Internet cable, then make sure that this Internet cable also does not intersect closely with other network cables.

asappppp

Post by asappppp » 13 Mar 2023, 06:03

DeadEyes wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 05:16
asappppp wrote:

Hello friend! I am very glad that this helped you. Can I ask you to keep me informed how your computer will work in 1 week, 2 weeks and 1 month? I have been doing well with my computer for a week and a half. I ask you to pay attention to the fact that if the Internet is connected to your PC by an Internet cable, then make sure that this Internet cable also does not intersect closely with other network cables.
Sure, I will try to keep this topic updated from time to time.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 13 Mar 2023, 11:55

DeadEyes wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 02:55
Greetings to all! I immediately apologize for the possible clumsy translation (I write through a translator).
I faced the problem of an abnormal input lag in 2021 and since that time 3 PCs have been assembled/ completely reassembled and during all this time I constantly had the effect of a floating mouse (I was constantly not brought or, on the contrary, transferred the sight to CSGO), the picture on the monitor was also inert, enemies appeared like lightning and they killed me so fast that I didn't even have time to react. Often it all led to deep despair, but I continued to look for ways and this forum helped me a lot, I learned a lot, but I came to the solution of the problem in my case quite unexpectedly. In one of the posts on the forum, it was advised to turn off the hard drive, allegedly it can cause delays in the system, thereby creating the inputlag. And in fact, a hard disk was installed in my PC, which was already 10 years old, and I turned it off, as it seemed, the PC began to feel much better after that, but in the end the inputlag returned, and everything became the same. And at some point it seemed to me that everything had become very bad and I decided to reinstall Windows on emotions, while I was reinstalling Windows, I paid attention to the tangled cables of Misha, the keyboard, the power cables of the monitor and the system unit, I began to disassemble them and laid all the cables separately and so that the distance from the power cables of the monitor and the system unit to there were at least 30 centimeters of mouse, keyboard and Internet cables... And that's it, the problem of a floating mouse and super-fast opponents has been solved. I've been testing for a week, everything is stable.
I would like to hear from you ideas on how the power cables of the monitor and the system unit can affect the mouse and keyboard?
I can confirm it, because whenever I try to jiggle cables, everything become better, but not for a long time, the issue will come back, so I think mine is related to EMI, btw I will try it, maybe you're right

delve

Post by delve » 13 Mar 2023, 12:18

I notice an improvement with input lag and desync, but it is nowhere near fixed. It is a nice free indicator of possible emi problems though.

texre

Post by texre » 13 Mar 2023, 13:23

I did it And my game feels great has to be placebo right ? Feels as if I’m on my solar generator with colorful monitor and no stutters and snappy mouse no Ferrari peeks. This has to be placebo right ?

asappppp

Post by asappppp » 13 Mar 2023, 13:54

texre wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 13:23
I did it And my game feels great has to be placebo right ? Feels as if I’m on my solar generator with colorful monitor and no stutters and snappy mouse no Ferrari peeks. This has to be placebo right ?
welcome to the new world 8-)

delve

Post by delve » 13 Mar 2023, 15:40

texre wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 13:23
Would be interesting to know whether this improvement would also be noticable with battery, sadly i returned my power station already.