Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Sqnax17

Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Post by Sqnax17 » 16 Mar 2023, 16:33

Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.

assombrosso

Re: Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Post by assombrosso » 17 Mar 2023, 02:35

Indeed my brother, many ppl in this forum sleep on our tries and testimonials, they think we exaggerate when we say it’s impossible to be fixed or we larp about it. But the reality is, I have tried it all from changing pc components, to buying a whole god damn power battery to changing 8 locations and counting. And I say this again n again, everytime I change location or I change pc components, the pc becomes insanely fast for couple of days-7days max then lag comes back slowly but surely. Same operating system, same pc equipments same everything, apart from different location and/or 3-4 days where I don’t use the pc, then lag completely goes and csgo becomes super duper as well as all the other games.

This isn’t enough tho lol, location change might fix electricity issues like input lag /slow mouse etc but there are other issues introduced, servers /Isp and the platform you play in, I have tried 8 locations in my city , with or without input lag issue, my faceit demo when I replay them have lag/stutter/frame skipping and voice disconnections, players do tell me that I’m lagging, mind you this even with no electricity/input lag issue, there are server delays when connecting to Sydney servers from my city.

This is why fixing this issue ain’t worth it, the only thing to be done is ask bunch of pro players with 4K elo+ about where they play at exactly, what of they have exactly, buy same pc, go to same location, maybe go live next to their apartment just to be extra sure? Why not eh? I mean we be gaming a lot , let’s just do that. This is why remote control jobs are key, you can go different countries and work from home , easy in and easy out. That’s all ima say baby, good bye and good luck.

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 17 Mar 2023, 07:22

assombrosso wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 02:35
Indeed my brother, many ppl in this forum sleep on our tries and testimonials, they think we exaggerate when we say it’s impossible to be fixed or we larp about it. But the reality is, I have tried it all from changing pc components, to buying a whole god damn power battery to changing 8 locations and counting. And I say this again n again, everytime I change location or I change pc components, the pc becomes insanely fast for couple of days-7days max then lag comes back slowly but surely. Same operating system, same pc equipments same everything, apart from different location and/or 3-4 days where I don’t use the pc, then lag completely goes and csgo becomes super duper as well as all the other games.

This isn’t enough tho lol, location change might fix electricity issues like input lag /slow mouse etc but there are other issues introduced, servers /Isp and the platform you play in, I have tried 8 locations in my city , with or without input lag issue, my faceit demo when I replay them have lag/stutter/frame skipping and voice disconnections, players do tell me that I’m lagging, mind you this even with no electricity/input lag issue, there are server delays when connecting to Sydney servers from my city.

This is why fixing this issue ain’t worth it, the only thing to be done is ask bunch of pro players with 4K elo+ about where they play at exactly, what of they have exactly, buy same pc, go to same location, maybe go live next to their apartment just to be extra sure? Why not eh? I mean we be gaming a lot , let’s just do that. This is why remote control jobs are key, you can go different countries and work from home , easy in and easy out. That’s all ima say baby, good bye and good luck.
Thank you goodbye

getuliofmj

Post by getuliofmj » 17 Mar 2023, 20:28

Sqnax17 wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 16:33
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.
Which balanced transformer did you buy? The one from Toroid.com?

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 19 Mar 2023, 18:10

Online UPS really reduces the input lag. Many professional players use it. I bought myself an online UPS a few months ago and it removed the input lag by 90%.
If online UPS does not help you, then it is not about electricity. So you have a high level of emi or something else.

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 20 Mar 2023, 11:24

F1zus wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 18:10
Online UPS really reduces the input lag. Many professional players use it. I bought myself an online UPS a few months ago and it removed the input lag by 90%.
If online UPS does not help you, then it is not about electricity. So you have a high level of emi or something else.
Can you play well with ups by reducing inputlag by 90%?

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 14 Apr 2023, 05:44

NOH wrote:
Fact of the matter is, no one will believe this EMI issue exists until they have it themselves. Even then it will take a lot of time and trails and errors to finally come to the conclusion. It took me over a year of trying many tweaks/solutions/testing before realizing what it is. Doing it logically best as I could

What boggles my mind most is now years after, we still haven't found the source of problem. Or able to prove it. And I do think the source is similar for many of us. Many have hard time describing the problem in detail but once lot of them breaks it down more descriptively, lot of the symptoms are alike. The severity may be different. For example, my severity of the symptoms are very bad like input lag, desync, audio quality, graphical jaggies etc. where even casually is unplayable majority of the time.
I do believe people who suffer from this is quite rare on the global scale (very much less than 1%) but it seem to increase more and more day by day

danbmx

Post by danbmx » 14 Apr 2023, 17:30

Im from Brazil too, have same issues, try everthng and nothing...
In cs 2 i play with 1ms and 400+fps and fells so much lag, desynch, heavy mouse... so much disadvantage (same on apex & csgo)
in the mornings its feels better, but never 100%
I think its server side, or some windows stuff

My config;
i7 12700k, rtx 3070ti, 240hz, z690, ddr5

getuliofmj

Post by getuliofmj » 15 Apr 2023, 18:37

danbmx wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 17:30
Im from Brazil too, have same issues, try everthng and nothing...
In cs 2 i play with 1ms and 400+fps and fells so much lag, desynch, heavy mouse... so much disadvantage (same on apex & csgo)
in the mornings its feels better, but never 100%
I think its server side, or some windows stuff

My config;
i7 12700k, rtx 3070ti, 240hz, z690, ddr5
Brazil too,

Did you buy the UPS? Do you live in an apartment? Is it 110V or 220V? If it's 220V, do you use one or two phases?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Apr 2023, 19:28

So chief is still continuing to abuse us (electricity input laggers) and not only exiled our forum to siberia but also now has locked the biggest thread. Well i guess this thread sounds simmilar enough and we can continue our pointless ranting about the worlds most mysterious issue that affects many many many gamers (definetly not 1%) lol.
This issue has never been fixed and saying there are millions ways to fix input lag its just so wrong in my opinion. This problem simply outweights any other issue and its the most annoying. Nothing else would even matter if this particular issue didnt exist. Most people here might not even have a clue they have it and are wasting time with useless software tweaks and what not. Idk i just thing its wrong to not prioritise this issue is all. Please dont ban me or delete this thread mr chief.
I won't delete this thread as I don't see any major issue with this thread (unlike others) -- with the exception of posts like yours.

Criticisms like these are uncalled for. User NOH has been banned.

Commentary by people like NOH only makes me closer to deleting the whole forum (and all of its posts retroactively).

So, please, don't. Support hobby-turned-business indies like Blur Busters by not doing this kind of stuff, NOH. It's tough enough running a discussion forum without these additional toxicity against me.

Fixing EMI is a tough problem but it needs to be acknowledged that the problem is so complex that there's generally a million different unique solutions for a million different users, once mitigated and eliminate the most common causes of interferences as well as their effects. The figurative "causes and fixes piechart" has a few large slices and millions of sub-1% slices.

Yes, there are indeed common fixes -- they definitely work for some people and not for others.

Yes, it is is absolutely true easy fixes to a percentage of EMI issues does exist, but you can't religiously argue that without politely acknowledging all those one-in-million one-offs. The causes of problems by EMI is so astoundingly frustrating when the common fixes never work. It is most certainly possible to customize your own custom EMI fix for your specific situation, but it may or may not be one that doesn't work universally for everyone.

Yes, there exist fixes that may fix a double-digit percentage of people having EMI problems, but there exists EMI problems that requires unique per-individual fixes that don't work for others.

But weaponizing all that in a toxic post against me? Permaban + retroactive delete of all forum posts you made, NOH.

The problem is other people are not being respectful of this sad truth. It's one thing to insisting there is a common universal fix when there just isn't one. But to do so in a fully weaponized way against me? Really? Do you want to go down that path, NOH?

There's no magic wand solution, once you've gotten past the more logical/common EMI fixes -- I've already posted large posts explaining and such and most forum members here agree with them.

So, please -- please be respectful to indies like me. Thank you!

People like NOH is not correctly acknowledging the below (NOH, if you are lurking post-pan, please read the below).

Yes, it is a gigantically frustrating problem, but weaponizing the below piechart reality against me, is just total nonsense.
F1zus wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 18:10
This is an excellent fix. It works. It fixes a lot of EMI problems. As does the offgridding technique (running all your electronics -- PC/monitor/router -- off a large lithium battery power station such as Jackery or similar). They are just like large UPS power supplies, except that you can completely unplug from the wall outlet for a few hours. I've talked about this fix often.

But, the thing is, it only has a "1 in X" chance of working for a random individual in this forum having EMI problems.

But it is only one of the larger piechart slices of possible EMI fixes. The sad truth is that there's a million of tiny-sliver slices in the same piechart (millions of microscopically thin slivers) -- EMI fixes that are so unique-fix to unique-users, in the very same "EMI fixes" piechart.

(not exact slice sizes -- there could be more large slices, or fewer large slices, but finding and fixing EMI problem is metaphorically the very infinite piechart problem)

- In other words, there are a few common EMI fixes (but only works works for a percentage of us).
- But millions of unique EMI fixes (that don't work for others).

Vendors successfully try to cover the majority of the possible infinite piechart of EMI problems -- to as many nines as possible -- but you can't hit the 100.

(Extreme example: Supernova league EMI pulse from something bigger than Tsar Bomba. Obviously that's just cherrypicking one of those tiny slivers of EMI causes that no electronics can successfully shield against. But remember, the interference emitted from a working computer is much tinier than interference emitted from a malfunctioning appliance. But they're not alike! Two different malfunctioning CRT televisions or old drying-machine motors emitting interference, all emit very different EMI strengths and patterns from each other. Now imagine the trillions of different EMI/EMF/interference sources all over the planet, even ignoring the solar interference coming from space -- e.g. corona mass ejection has caused problems with computers before)

Yes, it's likely getting worse (becoming less rare), but you can't deny there's both rare and common causes.
Yes, we're likely now losing a few nines because computers are pushing the last vestiges of Moore's Law, ever close to the interference noisefloors etc.

Interference has a lot of mudane and non-mudane causes.

The problem is once we've tried all the common fixes (e.g. top 10 fixes), we're well into cherrypicking from those millions of those tiny slivers of ever-decreasing likelihood of fixes -- a gigantic impossible time drain once you've failed the common fixes.

It's fine and dandy to research if there's more giant-slices. Sure. Like new ways of cleaning up electricity that hits the market, from technology improvements. Sure. It's worth researching. But you cannot deny the fact that the other tiny pieslice slivers exist. Being a denier of the other slices, because you're insisting only on slice #7412, is just plain old-fashioned unscientific forum tinfoilhattery.

One must respect the reality.
One must respect there is no one-size-fixes-all for other people, even if the fix works for you.

Yes, it may fix a percentage of other people if it's one of the common ones (the large pie slices), but that doesn't deny the existence of the other people stuck in those tiny-sliver piechart slices, metaphorically speaking.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!