it is actually distorted signal on motherboard (internal emi )

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Cyanide_

Re: it is actually distorted signal on motherboard (internal emi )

Post by Cyanide_ » 27 Apr 2023, 12:36

I'm about to try all these hidden & open settings, are there any "must have" ones, like spread spectrum? Or you guys are each trying your own stuff? How are you doing now, are your issues gone with these tweaks?

Gonna start with these values chatbot (idk the version, it's from Telegram) provided me:
1. Advanced\Integrated Peripherals\USB Configuration - disable unused USB ports.
2. Advanced\Integrated Peripherals\Onboard Devices Configuration - disable unused devices such as the built-in sound controller or network adapter.
3. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\PCIe - set PCIe mode to Gen3 instead of Gen4.
4. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\AER Cap - disable Advanced Error Reporting Capability.
5. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\ACS Enable - disable the Access Control Service.
6. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\IOMMU - disable IOMMU.
7. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SR-IOV Support - disable Single Root I/O Virtualization.
8. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - Set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
9. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC - disable Collaborative Power Performance Control.
10. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC Preferred Cores - disable CPPC Preferred Cores.
11. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC Energy Performance Preference - setting the "Performance" value.
12. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Global C-state Control - set to "Disabled".
13. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
14. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
15. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - Set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
edit: I tried, most of these settings are missing (or hidden) some I changed/they were changed already, can't tell the difference.

Think it's also relevant here - what motherboards do you think have the least EMI, or are the least vulnerable to this "desync"? In other words, if you buy some expensive Crosshair end-game mobo, will it be better than your "average" gaming mobo? Maybe there's some tier list for mobos, and other PC parts, rating them from best to worst in terms of EMI vulnerability.
Other (probably) weird question - how much time does MoBo/RAM/CPU/GPU need to be "saturated" with this dirty electricity, and what happens, if you move to some "good" place, will it be gone or not? I've seen that guy posting where he swapped ALL his gear including peripherals, but it's a bit crazy (and expensive).

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 28 Apr 2023, 08:03

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:36
I'm about to try all these hidden & open settings, are there any "must have" ones, like spread spectrum? Or you guys are each trying your own stuff? How are you doing now, are your issues gone with these tweaks?

Gonna start with these values chatbot (idk the version, it's from Telegram) provided me:
1. Advanced\Integrated Peripherals\USB Configuration - disable unused USB ports.
2. Advanced\Integrated Peripherals\Onboard Devices Configuration - disable unused devices such as the built-in sound controller or network adapter.
3. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\PCIe - set PCIe mode to Gen3 instead of Gen4.
4. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\AER Cap - disable Advanced Error Reporting Capability.
5. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\ACS Enable - disable the Access Control Service.
7. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SR-IOV Support - disable Single Root I/O Virtualization.
8. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - Set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
9. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC - disable Collaborative Power Performance Control.
10. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC Preferred Cores - disable CPPC Preferred Cores.
11. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\CPPC Energy Performance Preference - setting the "Performance" value.
12. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Global C-state Control - set to "Disabled".
13. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
14. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
15. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\Power Supply Idle Control - Set the value to "Typical Current Idle".
edit: I tried, most of these settings are missing (or hidden) some I changed/they were changed already, can't tell the difference.

Think it's also relevant here - what motherboards do you think have the least EMI, or are the least vulnerable to this "desync"? In other words, if you buy some expensive Crosshair end-game mobo, will it be better than your "average" gaming mobo? Maybe there's some tier list for mobos, and other PC parts, rating them from best to worst in terms of EMI vulnerability.
Other (probably) weird question - how much time does MoBo/RAM/CPU/GPU need to be "saturated" with this dirty electricity, and what happens, if you move to some "good" place, will it be gone or not? I've seen that guy posting where he swapped ALL his gear including peripherals, but it's a bit crazy (and expensive).
I have AM3+ setup from 2014 with top motherboard a97 pro r2.0 and amd fx 8350 16gb low timing corsair ram and still have these kind if problems of desync and other stuff. Because of this I suppose this problem in fundamental level

And I'm still using Windows 7 for everyday basics so this is not OS related too

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 28 Apr 2023, 17:23

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
27 Apr 2023, 12:36

Br careful, some of these settings might lock yoi out from windows 11.disabling Iommu for instance tdid that to me

finalboss

Post by finalboss » 06 Jul 2023, 17:06

Mugabi wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 02:09
Oh you are on your third day of new mobo lol, give it up to 2 weeks then report back. Your input lag will comeback trust n believe. I think the ultimate fix is not using pc for 4-5 days (draining pc from the toxic fluids of bad electricity) and then playing again, I guarantee you, your gameplay will be smooth as fuck no matter what mobo /bios you use
I really agree with your reply, unfortunately, when i get 4,5 days away from my PC and hop on it to play some games, he starts to decrease performance and in like 3,4,5 hours he came back to the trash problem :(

A bad choice bc you need to get away 5 days to play just one day.

So crazy...
babooz99 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:11
I used the program to turned off all spread spectrum, and enabled low latency support. I'm gonna call placebo for now but it does feel like there's a difference. Less input lag and I don't feel desync'd. I watched my demos back as it gives the best representation of what the server sees and my reaction time looks faster and my aim looks snappier. Before it looked like I would drag my crosshair. We'll see how it feels after a week.

If this is truly the 'problem' then maybe its a motherboard issue. maybe the reason pro players don't feel it is because they have expensive ass motherboards or something
Wrong, pro players are changing setups all the time and mostly of them play in more than one pc, and all of them started with a trash setup and still could achieve a improvement.

I agree that a good mobo helps, but unfortunately, he isnt our savior. :(

thizito

Post by thizito » 22 Jul 2023, 16:45

finalboss wrote:
06 Jul 2023, 17:06
Wrong, pro players are changing setups all the time and mostly of them play in more than one pc, and all of them started with a trash setup and still could achieve a improvement.

i had to log in just to say that finally someone that isnt a noob saying some reality :D

some examples:

aspas, potentially best valorant duelist.. always played in bad conditions, ryzen, phone on lap, 50 things fighting multitasking in his OS
his AVERAGE fps was 200 and below.
and he did this vs me (im the reyna)
https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentSpik ... omPoooound

so listen.. you are not limited, you are wonderfull human that can adapt to anything.

there is dragonite, another player that went to VCT the most important national tourny in the time with 60hz and aswell shitty ryzen 200fps.

keep in mind i took that shot while i was on already above average setup.

any setup works.. also, having overkill stuff might be a knife of two sides..

stronger hw requires stronger ability to have hw.

idk why i posted here rly cause literally 90% of people claiming for issues dont do the basics or have the basics
and are already fuking their analysis/results by applying 99 questionable things in between procedure of testing

finalboss

Post by finalboss » 25 Jul 2023, 08:40

thizito wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 16:45
finalboss wrote:
06 Jul 2023, 17:06

i had to log in just to say that finally someone that isnt a noob saying some reality :D

some examples:

aspas, potentially best valorant duelist.. always played in bad conditions, ryzen, phone on lap, 50 things fighting multitasking in his OS
his AVERAGE fps was 200 and below.
and he did this vs me (im the reyna)
https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentSpik ... omPoooound

so listen.. you are not limited, you are wonderfull human that can adapt to anything.

there is dragonite, another player that went to VCT the most important national tourny in the time with 60hz and aswell shitty ryzen 200fps.

keep in mind i took that shot while i was on already above average setup.

any setup works.. also, having overkill stuff might be a knife of two sides..

stronger hw requires stronger ability to have hw.

idk why i posted here rly cause literally 90% of people claiming for issues dont do the basics or have the basics
and are already fuking their analysis/results by applying 99 questionable things in between procedure of testing
Greetings from Brazil too brotha, that's so annoying, people here are completely alienated with bullshit fixes, everyone here should be more open-minded, you are in a advanced forum :lol:

You can see sometimes people talking about advanced things in some threads and someone appears in the 6th page recommending you to buy a new mobo or installing a different NVIDIA driver :lol:

People here already tested many things many years ago that's still being discussed nowadays, dont know why, but ok...