it is actually distorted signal on motherboard (internal emi )

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
agendarsky

it is actually distorted signal on motherboard (internal emi )

Post by agendarsky » 25 Mar 2023, 22:53

Hello there, some people may know me for some people im new.

With upcoming sause 2 my interest in csgo went again up aswell as interested in our well know bad recoil / heavy mouse / slow movement problem.

I saw the topic where guy tried absolute electricity fix with gasoline generator with bad results, sorry but you can have really bad electricity which can be solved with online ups but it still doesnt work right? so it means our components are "infected" so i know guys you heard this milion times and i will say it milion and 1 times. It is motherboard problem.

I recently upgraded to legendary ryzen 7 5800x3d and i cant describe by words how satysfing this cpu is but i took really high end motherboard (at this point please dont stop reading i know it hurts right now but continue reading) , its Asus Crosshair Dark Hero VIII that has good amount of excellent vrms. At first i tried it raw, literally entered bios just to setup boot for usb flash windows installation, results ? On the scale of 0 to 10 the gameplay was 7, very smooth , very good recoil , not jittery and precise mouse BUT it still felt little bit slow aswell as movement like bhoping , strafing.

Ok so step number 2 , time for default settings which in my case means only setup my b-die kit and nothing else. Result? Much more higher frames with very precise but slow mouse, so nothing really changed but very very playable.

Third time i went for winsce hidden bios settings but no experience with amd setups what so every so i used chatgpt for it and it was literally best decision i made during 12 years of "fixing" this problem. I described him a problem, i told him that i dont want any power saving related advices, no driver related advices , told him its very deep problem that cause desynchronization problem despite having excelent setup and temps, told him its related to motherboard and its jitter on communication level and i want very detailed answers and choices about tweaking it in context of gaming input latency , and internal pc jitter caused by emi from pc components that are causing bad signal internal signal integrity.

It confirmed that it is common thing called bit rate error that is caused on motherboard surface level (pcie, memory and cpu lanes) and may be the source of issue if external power source is not helping. So essentialy what i did is exported my bios settings from winsce and copy pasted every single option and asked for preffered option for "lowest clock jittering / best input latency and gaming performance", if answer is not clear , remind him to stay in context.

I barely removed any power saving features (4 example i still have c-states enabled) that fixed this shit was stuff like recommended impedance settings for clocks , for pcie lanes , memclk, sata impedance and etc. i used chatgpt to calibrate signal strenght of theese things and its literally third day of my pc running without shutdown (if im sleeping im running in cyrcle on valve deadmatch to farm cs2) and its just perfect. Like literally everything, i tryed 1.6 on some random polish aim server and went 30-2 in 10 minutes because im just ad-ading through boxes ocassionaly clicking on my 120g heavy deathadder and just hitting heads like in 2007.

Winsce tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUwftnqPtU
Last edited by jorimt on 26 Mar 2023, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added paragraphs

SKILLEN

Re: it is actually distorted signal on motherboard (internal emi )

Post by SKILLEN » 26 Mar 2023, 00:33

Tried 7-10 new motherboards few of them high end like asus maximus hero + played with winsce many times 0 result.
I don't think anymore my problem is EMI or electricity ,probably thats why these things didn't help me.

texre

Post by texre » 26 Mar 2023, 01:54

SKILLEN wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 00:33
Tried 7-10 new motherboards few of them high end like asus maximus hero + played with winsce many times 0 result.
I don't think anymore my problem is EMI or electricity ,probably thats why these things didn't help me.
I Guess I’ll be the test dummy since Ik mine is emi see you guys in a few days with the results

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 26 Mar 2023, 02:09

Oh you are on your third day of new mobo lol, give it up to 2 weeks then report back. Your input lag will comeback trust n believe. I think the ultimate fix is not using pc for 4-5 days (draining pc from the toxic fluids of bad electricity) and then playing again, I guarantee you, your gameplay will be smooth as fuck no matter what mobo /bios you use

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 26 Mar 2023, 02:10

texre wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 01:54
SKILLEN wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 00:33
I Guess I’ll be the test dummy since Ik mine is emi see you guys in a few days with the results
It will fix lag for up to 2 weeks and then will come back again but go ahead

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 26 Mar 2023, 08:16

Is it so hard to write down the settings that CHATGPT gave you? Scewin exports a million text in a notepad file, how do I write everything down?

delve

Post by delve » 26 Mar 2023, 09:11

go look into PCB quality of the mainboard. You want a high layer count and "server grade low loss" quality.

"Impedance control
More layers also allow you to better control the impedance of the wire traces. Control of impedance makes for better signal quality of the electrical signals (particularly the high-speed signals), and allows for faster and more reliable operation. It can also help reduce EMI (Electro-magnetic Interference), RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) and cross-talk between signals."

timecard

Post by timecard » 26 Mar 2023, 10:21

Your post could use some whitespace vs wall of text.

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 26 Mar 2023, 10:26

Mugabi wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 02:09
Oh you are on your third day of new mobo lol, give it up to 2 weeks then report back. Your input lag will comeback trust n believe. I think the ultimate fix is not using pc for 4-5 days (draining pc from the toxic fluids of bad electricity) and then playing again, I guarantee you, your gameplay will be smooth as fuck no matter what mobo /bios you use
if you have problem on upc especially while its off grid then its also hardware related and not only pure electricity problem, because it makes more sense for me that maybe calibrations coming out of the factory just doesnt meet correct requierements for people with bad electricity and all you need is raise or lower strenght of your motherboard signal. i also live in high populated area and there is no reason for me to wait for two weeks especially during weekends when everybody is either at home: cooking , watching tv and using computers and also big shopping centers that are 5 km away from me are also overpopulated at this moment. Im just saying that maybe for thoose of you people who are still trying to find pure electricity related solution should give a look at the problem from hardware perspective, chatgpt seems to be very helpful. good luck

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 26 Mar 2023, 10:29

timecard wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 10:21
Your post could use some whitespace vs wall of text.
I've now edited the OP post to include paragraphs.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)