Question about gaming laptops and mouse feel

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
asappppp

Question about gaming laptops and mouse feel

Post by asappppp » 05 Apr 2023, 03:45

Has anyone tried playing games on a gaming laptop? Did you still experience 'floating' mouse input or any similar issues? I was thinking about buying a cheap or used gaming laptop just for testing purposes, but I decided to ask about it here first. My idea is that perhaps we are doing something wrong when building our own PCs. I know it may not be the best idea, but it's worth a try.

loccomacco

Re: Question about gaming laptops and mouse feel

Post by loccomacco » 05 Apr 2023, 16:09

asappppp wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2023, 03:45
Has anyone tried playing games on a gaming laptop? Did you still experience 'floating' mouse input or any similar issues? I was thinking about buying a cheap or used gaming laptop just for testing purposes, but I decided to ask about it here first. My idea is that perhaps we are doing something wrong when building our own PCs. I know it may not be the best idea, but it's worth a try.
Don't throw out your money for this, there are other better things you can test with your money.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 05 Apr 2023, 16:17

loccomacco wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2023, 16:09
Don't throw out your money for this, there are other better things you can test with your money.
what things ?

if someone want check that something wrong...laptop, notebook is the way to go...

but yes if you connect with that notebook in your location...then the results can be same like on your desktop pc.

but after you know what the cause is and who to blame...

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 05 Apr 2023, 16:23

blackmagic wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2023, 16:17
what things ?
Do you really want to know and throw your money maybe for your last hope? Then how much you can? 200$? 500? 1000 or 2000? Is it really worth for you to try? If it is then we can talk about it, otherwise I don't wanna give another possible fake hope.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 05 Apr 2023, 16:31

05 Apr 2023, 16:23
what things ?
Do you really want to know and throw your money maybe for your last hope? Then how much you can? 200$? 500? 1000 or 2000? Is it really worth for you to try? If it is then we can talk about it, otherwise I don't wanna give another possible fake hope.
if i would have much money...

i would go for sure high end gaming notebook.

1. its good investment.

2. no matter what happens after but its an good tool that gonna tell you what wrong and how reality looks like.

3. you stop to cope.

all your nightmares with electricity/emi and bioses tweaks and all other placebos gonna end.

lesson learned.

believe me.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 05 Apr 2023, 18:02

Same issues on laptops or even worse. I have tried many laptops and desktops. All had same issues. Problem is even on consoles

ChildOfLuna

Post by ChildOfLuna » 05 Apr 2023, 18:37

Exacly as Monty said. This issue affects all electronic devices if you look carefuly Pc, laptop, even tvs and phone

Yes even Tvs that have no gpu,cpu or other "expensive" components can be affected

https://streamable.com/9o39ay these jagged edges that you see in this video are in all my devices, pc, laptop, phone and tv

https://streamable.com/t9anve
Last edited by ChildOfLuna on 07 Apr 2023, 13:37, edited 3 times in total.

BootyLover

Post by BootyLover » 05 Apr 2023, 19:00

05 Apr 2023, 16:31

what things ?

1. its good investment.

2. no matter what happens after but its an good tool that gonna tell you what wrong and how reality looks like.

3. you stop to cope.

all your nightmares with electricity/emi and bioses tweaks and all other placebos gonna end.

lesson learned.

believe me.

Funny that you always blame average joes for not knowing about this problem yet you don't know the difference between radiated and power releated problems. I'm a complete newbie to this yet even I know that buying a laptop won't solve anything ( have one myself ) because if it is over the air interference than laptop it useless. And i dont understand why are u blaming everyone for this problem.. Yeah i get it it is pretty annoying but what do you expect s1mple or gabe newell to come to your apartment and start looking where is interference coming from and shielding against it? Ok let me call AMD and Nvidia developers to fix my clogged toilet in my apartment... they are probably experts in that field too.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 05 Apr 2023, 20:53

BootyLover wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2023, 19:00
05 Apr 2023, 16:31

what things ?

1. its good investment.

3. you stop to cope.

lesson learned.

believe me.

Funny that you always blame average joes for not knowing about this problem yet you don't know the difference between radiated and power releated problems. I'm a complete newbie to this yet even I know that buying a laptop won't solve anything ( have one myself ) because if it is over the air interference than laptop it useless. And i dont understand why are u blaming everyone for this problem.. Yeah i get it it is pretty annoying but what do you expect s1mple or gabe newell to come to your apartment and start looking where is interference coming from and shielding against it? Ok let me call AMD and Nvidia developers to fix my clogged toilet in my apartment... they are probably experts in that field too.

have fun with your electricity and air interference and shielding cope...

maybe just more foil need ? put all your house in foil...

but its your choice how you gonna handle this all.

i only tell what i think about all and everything.
my own experience, my researches and knowledge that i get in all these 5 years since the issue and problem hit me in my location...

and if its over the air...

go take a train or car ride or walk outside with your notebook and check.
meter by meter...mile by mile...until you find the over air interference spot. :lol:

use your notebook as an detector :lol:
and your own eyes and game senses.

here how it works:
Basics. The basic concept of Hot and Cold is very simple: you hide an object, your child looks for it, and you use temperature words to tell them if they are moving towards the object (getting warmer) or away from it (getting colder).

tutorial for people that still dont understand the basics:
if its gets much worse = WARM (you near interference or whatever radiate)
if its gets better = COLD (you far away from whatever shit)

we already learned as kids how to find all kind of interferences...

simple that.
good luck.
Last edited by blackmagic on 05 Apr 2023, 21:38, edited 6 times in total.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 05 Apr 2023, 21:16

ChildOfLuna wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2023, 18:37
Exacly as Monty said. This issue affects all electronic devices if you look carefuly Pc, laptop, even tvs and phone

Yes even Tvs that have no gpu,cpu or other "expensive" components can be affected

these jagged edges that you see in this video are in all my devices, pc, laptop, phone and tv
Yeah I completely know and can confirm what you say, there are specific times that you see less or no jaggy lines in screen while you haven't touched anything and it affects anything