Does bad electricity break the PC?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Skeezv

Does bad electricity break the PC?

Post by Skeezv » 08 Jun 2023, 15:17

Hey, guys! Do you think bad/dirty electricity breaks the PC? My brother lived in my apartment where I experience an input delay on my 2 computers, it was also on his computer while he lived with me, but when he returned to his main house, his game was perfect (valorant). I came to him and was able to calmly make 2 aces per match and be the MVP in every match, the mouse was sharp, a great cunning, but everything was in shit in my apartment. My brother used the cheapest PC parts, the motherboard is about $80. Do you have such examples?

dawnlol

Re: Does bad electricity break the PC?

Post by dawnlol » 01 Aug 2023, 18:34

Hey, you made a post on 08 Oct 2022, saying that a Toroidal balanced isolation transformer fixes the problem. What happened with that? Did it just stop working?

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 03 Aug 2023, 23:22

Skeezv wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 15:17
Hey, guys! Do you think bad/dirty electricity breaks the PC? My brother lived in my apartment where I experience an input delay on my 2 computers, it was also on his computer while he lived with me, but when he returned to his main house, his game was perfect (valorant). I came to him and was able to calmly make 2 aces per match and be the MVP in every match, the mouse was sharp, a great cunning, but everything was in shit in my apartment. My brother used the cheapest PC parts, the motherboard is about $80. Do you have such examples?
No, wait yes, wait no, wait... Wait more... Ok, sorry it doesn't have a concrete answer, it have a fuzzy answer
It depends on some factors, like what is the component, it's longevity, and how long it passed, remember in this world, everything is possible unless it's an impossible, unattainable, unrealizable, unthinkable, unachievable, absurd... things that have an explicit line between possibility and it's impossibility
You: 😱🤢🤮
Me: 😎

Ok now I'll go again to my hibernation for a while. See you, 😙😙

Skeezv

Post by Skeezv » 04 Aug 2023, 17:31

dawnlol wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 18:34
Hey, you made a post on 08 Oct 2022, saying that a Toroidal balanced isolation transformer fixes the problem. What happened with that? Did it just stop working?
Unfortunately, this did not help, everything returned back.

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 06 Aug 2023, 11:17

No, it doesn't damage the pc forever, I've sold several of my parts and even almost an entire PC (theoretically "damaged") to streamer friends and some high level players, they never reported any problems, always consistent...

the theory that everything connected there is a bad place is permanently damaged with desync and other symptoms is false.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 17 Sep 2023, 11:19

I gave my old CPU to my brother who's living in a "good" apartment with good (dedicated) electricity grid and it's all good. Tested it many times on both PCs. Also brought both gaming PC, including monitor, and laptop to his place, like several times, and saw some immediate improvements (smoother picture, sharper aim & mouse movements).