Need UPS recommendation

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ftwknx

Re: Need UPS recommendation

Post by ftwknx » 15 Jun 2023, 17:24

delve wrote: ↑
15 Jun 2023, 16:42
It is not placebo, just another temporary effect. You likely have emi radiating from the power infrastructure like most of us, who have the same symptoms and tried ups/battery without success. Nevertheless what voltage range can your psu handle? 245V sounds special.
Now when it feels good (late night) it seems to stay at 243V. I only have monitor and PSU connected to the UPS.

My PSU is Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 750W. It seems to be rated 100-240V. Can I lower it from the UPS?

I forgot to mention: it stays at 243-245V input. Output is 230V.

Do you have any other tips that might help if this is related to emi?

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Jun 2023, 18:25

ftwknx wrote: ↑
12 Jun 2023, 16:20
I already bought it @F1zus and I am using it right now (ols1000ea). Do you think that is a problem with Cyberpower only? I will try the other UPS in a few days. Did your friend fix the problem with a specific UPS? And why is he not returning the UPS if it doesn't help?
No, it didn't fix the problem. Online UPS just reduced the input lag, but did not remove it completely. Do you understand what we are talking about?
With this UPS, there was still noticeable input lag during the day, but not at night.
This suggests that this UPS does not filter all interference completely.
Try charging full batteries in your UPS, then unplug it and play. You will feel the difference. The mouse is slower when the UPS is running on AC power than it is when running on battery power.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Jun 2023, 18:30

My friends have already tested 3 UPS from different companies and in all of them the same problem was observed.
1) Cyberpower
2) Powerman
3) Shtyl
These UPSs are not capable of completely filtering noise from the outlet. Most likely they have large ripples.
You need to take your UPS back to the store and choose another company. Not from these models.

To date, I do not know which online UPS is able to completely suppress all interference from the outlet.
We need to test different UPS companies further and find the best solution.
Last edited by F1zus on 15 Jun 2023, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

delve

Post by delve » 15 Jun 2023, 18:30

what is the normal voltage in your country, 230V?

Emi over air not much has been tested or found yet except moving places. Some more testing you can do on your own is, try your pc in all 4 corners of your house/flat or shut off the electricity and play off battery. But very likely you need to get some type of regulatory body overseeing emi levels in your country, the power company or a private emc company involved.

delve

Post by delve » 15 Jun 2023, 18:35

F1zus wrote: ↑
15 Jun 2023, 18:30
My friends have already tested 3 UPS from different companies and in all of them the same problem was observed.
1) Cyberpower
2) Powerman
3) Shtyl
These UPSs are not capable of completely filtering noise from the outlet. Most likely they have large ripples.
You need to take your UPS back to the store and choose another company. Not from these models.
name the model he had success with? Or maybe the brand doesn't play a role and the problem is something else.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Jun 2023, 18:36

Emi over air not much has been tested or found yet except moving places. Some more testing you can do on your own is, try your pc in all 4 corners of your house/flat or shut off the electricity and play off battery. But very likely you need to get some type of regulatory body overseeing emi levels in your country, the power company or a private emc company involved.
It doesn't matter what voltage is in your outlet. At least 110 volts, at least 230, at least 260. The voltage does not affect the input lag in any way, in any way. This has already been verified with instruments.
If you live in your one-story house (not an apartment), then you have no problem with emi.
Emi can be called by base stations of cellular operators, high-voltage power lines, electrical substations. If you are away from that then don't worry about emi.

delve

Post by delve » 15 Jun 2023, 18:41

15 Jun 2023, 18:36

If you live in your one-story house (not an apartment), then you have no problem with emi.
:lol:

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Jun 2023, 18:42

15 Jun 2023, 18:35
1) Cyberpower
2) Powerman
3) Shtyl
name the model he had success with? Or maybe the brand doesn't play a role and the problem is something else.
He has now sold his computer and no longer plays games. He didn't succeed.
What country are you from?
The fact is that some models are not sold in certain countries.

ftwknx

Post by ftwknx » 15 Jun 2023, 18:57

Yes, 230V on 50 Hz.
15 Jun 2023, 18:25
ftwknx wrote: ↑
12 Jun 2023, 16:20
I already bought it @F1zus and I am using it right now (ols1000ea). Do you think that is a problem with Cyberpower only? I will try the other UPS in a few days. Did your friend fix the problem with a specific UPS? And why is he not returning the UPS if it doesn't help?
No, it didn't fix the problem. Online UPS just reduced the input lag, but did not remove it completely. Do you understand what we are talking about?
With this UPS, there was still noticeable input lag during the day, but not at night.
This suggests that this UPS does not filter all interference completely.
Try charging full batteries in your UPS, then unplug it and play. You will feel the difference. The mouse is slower when the UPS is running on AC power than it is when running on battery power.

I'll try to check the difference tomorrow.

delve

Post by delve » 16 Jun 2023, 05:50

I find 243V a bit high, but it is within 10% tolerance, In EU if your countries norm was 220V, you could force the power company to investigate your power quality for free.