Need UPS recommendation

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ftwknx

Need UPS recommendation

Post by ftwknx » 09 Jun 2023, 20:27

Hello,

I am really frustrated that my games feel way smoother at night than during the day. I've tried everything and I am certain that this is related to electricity. From what I've read around, an UPS might fix this. Which one should I choose in order to get "clean" electricity? I don't know anything about UPS.

delve

Re: Need UPS recommendation

Post by delve » 10 Jun 2023, 16:51

look in the specs sheet for "online" and "pure sine". In the end inverter quality might play a role, but I have found zero testing or information on this topic online.

There exists also power stations with ups function, which off-grid will last much longer than online ups unplugged.

ftwknx

Post by ftwknx » 10 Jun 2023, 19:43

thanks. i've found two of them, one is a nonamer and the other one is cyberpower. the no name one is half the price though. does it matter which one I get? are there any differences on the electronics? The reviews are saying that the noname one is good, but it makes a lot of noise. I don't mind the noise if I pay half the price. But will the smoothness be the same?

cheap one: https://www.njoy.global/product/echo-pro-1000
cyberpower: https://www.cyberpower.com/global/en/pr ... /ols1000ea

delve

Post by delve » 11 Jun 2023, 04:48

I would buy the cheaper one or the one you can test and return easily, because chances are not small that an ups will not fix the issue completely.

ftwknx

Post by ftwknx » 11 Jun 2023, 06:19

Thank you. I got both and will return one of them (or both if none works). Not sure what else would it be: maybe network. But I did change a few routers and ethernet cables. Also got a new optical fiber since I moved upstairs. Regarding hardware, I changed my whole PC, peripherals and monitor as well. So... electricity is my last shot until I give up.

delve

Post by delve » 11 Jun 2023, 11:53

your problem is electricity or emi over air, please report back if you notice a difference.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 11 Jun 2023, 18:41

ftwknx wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 19:43
thanks. i've found two of them, one is a nonamer and the other one is cyberpower. the no name one is half the price though. does it matter which one I get? are there any differences on the electronics? The reviews are saying that the noname one is good, but it makes a lot of noise. I don't mind the noise if I pay half the price. But will the smoothness be the same?

cheap one: https://www.njoy.global/product/echo-pro-1000
cyberpower: https://www.cyberpower.com/global/en/pr ... /ols1000ea
Do not buy a UPS from cyberpower. My friend tested the ols2000ea UPS. Yes, his mouse and keyboard were more responsive, but the game still looked better at night. The difference in mouse sensitivity between day and night has not disappeared. So he spent $600 down the drain.

ftwknx

Post by ftwknx » 12 Jun 2023, 16:20

I already bought it @F1zus and I am using it right now (ols1000ea). Do you think that is a problem with Cyberpower only? I will try the other UPS in a few days. Did your friend fix the problem with a specific UPS? And why is he not returning the UPS if it doesn't help?

So far I can say that the mouse input feels way better than before. It might be just placebo though, so I am waiting a few more days to be sure. The game also feels smoother, but something still doesn't feel right. Like it can get even better. But I did get 35 kills in my first CS GO faceit match (my average is 25, level 10) and felt more relaxed while playing. My bullets are now going where they should go, but the smoothness is still not perfect. I'm using BenQ XL2566k @ 360 hz with DyAc on Premium, so I don't think I'm limited by the monitor.

Later edit: 33 kills on second match. I feel like I can play this game at a high level once again after years of struggling, but it's kinda late night already so I have to play a few matches during daytime as well.

ftwknx

Post by ftwknx » 15 Jun 2023, 16:25

Nah boys, it was just placebo. I started lagging again. Only first day was good. I'm so done. What else can it be? I simply don't understand.

I'm not sure if the outlet is grounded. On the UPS manual it says it should be grounded. Can this be the problem?

The UPS returns 245 V @ 50 Hz.

delve

Post by delve » 15 Jun 2023, 16:42

It is not placebo, just another temporary effect. You likely have emi radiating from the power infrastructure like most of us, who have the same symptoms and tried ups/battery without success. Nevertheless what voltage range can your psu handle? 245V sounds special.