help advice for new desync issue users

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: help advice for new desync issue users

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Jul 2023, 03:57

loltakoo wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2023, 18:22
bad eletricity-power coming from Dell Alienware factory? :?:
That's not real science.

Bad electricity is a local effect, like radio interference, but involving electricity.

Whether transmitted over the grid, or injected into wiring by other appliances/devices, or transmitted over the air as wireless interference.

Normally, your power socket on the wall is giving a perfect sine wave. But it can be distorted/dirty, especially in former-soviet countries such as:
mains-analysis-fig1[1].png
mains-analysis-fig1[1].png (32.28 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
And even this misses a LOT of dirty electricity.

The electromagnetic spectrum is a LOT of frequencies. Some extremely high frequencies won't show up in graphs like these (e.g. 10 MHz radiofrequency interference transmitted over the AC power wiring), which won't show up in this oscilloscope resolution. The electromagnectic spectrum is gigantic (radio waves, microwaves, infrared, light, ultraviolet, x-rays, gamma rays, etc) covering a massive number of orders of magnitude -- and can be over the wire or over the air.

Existing computer power supplies will defend a LOT, but it won't hold back interference that is even 0.01% of a nuclear-bomb EMP pulse -- like the sparkgap interference from a malfunctioning mechanical floor in a very old apartment building in some countries, if that's right below or above your apartment floor. Or living underneath high voltage power transmission towers.

That's why there is an infinite number of "flavours" and "species" and "kinds" of EMI, that can come in multiple concurrent combinations, unfortunately. That's why EMI solutions are hard to find. 50% of solutions are easy, and 50% of solutions are impossibly tiny one-size-fits-only-one-person solutions.

Solution #1 or #2 may be easy (e.g. things like going offgrid) but may not solve your specific kind of EMI problem, if your specific flavour EMI problem may require Solution #734245236. The EMI solution map tends to sadly follow an infinite pie chart, which means there is never one-size-fits-all fixes.

And some kinds of EMI is impossible to fix (e.g. EMP-league device-damaging interference pulses is an unfixable/undefendable type of EMI). A lightning bolt is, by dictionary definition, a form of EMI too -- e.g. power surge on the wires of lots of random frequencies. But even a factory next door with old poor-power-factor machines, can be injecting a lot of craziness into the power grid, that is wreaking havoc. The question is whether you've got a sandgrain-size worth of EMI, or a supernova-size of EMI, or any size in between.

Unless the factory that manufactured your computer had a massive EMI (like a lighting strike or some power surges) that pre-damaged the circuits of some of your computer components, before it got shipped to you -- bad electricity isn't something that gets shipped from a computer factory to you. But a poorly manufactured power supply (including power supply bricks built into monitors), can inject EMI to other stuff -- one famous example is the LG 5K display and WiFi routers -- but there's many one-offs.

But yes, power bricks CAN generate dirty electricity / interference / etc. Try to keep power bricks far away from data cables and mouse cables. Try plugging mouse cables into the computer instead of the monitor, and see what happens -- I've seen a bad monitor power brick (inside monitor) inject interference to the monitor USB ports as one random example -- it's just a simple domino effect. It's not bad electricity being shipped, but just a cause and effect of poorly manufactured power bricks interacting with accessories that don't fully shield successfully from the interference. Keep all the power bricks / power cables as far away as possible from your USB / network / data cables, and don't put a power bar too close behind your monitor/computer -- try to put a little bit of airgap. Inverse square law is your best friend.

Now, that doesn't solve everything -- it's just working on a few slices of the famous infinite pie chart. You can only hit the low-lying apples (biggest pie slices) and hope for the best.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 21 Jul 2023, 09:16

pcenthusiast92 wrote: ↑
20 Jul 2023, 17:53

But you are missing something important too, is not only the EMI created by dirty electricity, but it is also (RFI) radio frequency interference that affects to devices, etc,etc.

Cheers.
this is not valid for tests that have already been done...

people here and in the discord group have already tested it in lan byoc where big championships usually take place and they still had this.

with mouse, keyboard, headphone provided by the place, the same...

People next to him on the lan playing without problems, professionals next to him on the lan playing without problems

you can check in the old threads in all the posts, people have already claimed to have tested different notebooks in different places, without ever having plugged it into the wall, and it's still bad, it's still desynced, it's still lagging.

But simply, some of them don't post anything anymore because they've already been ridiculed when they prove that the problem in this specific case is not dirty electricity from some place or other...

Also are there people here who have already had problems in more than 10 different internet cafes in different locations and even different cities, and still argue about electricity?

no sense, zero.

Also, no equipment was damaged, I guarantee, if you have this problem, and you sell your G Pro Superlight X or your headset, or any part of your pc to a professional, he will continue to play at a high level, you will watch his stream and it will appear 0 problems (I already did that, I sold one of my builds to one)

IF YOU HAVE THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM.

If you besides ice mouse, you have desync, you can't play a match without looking like a ghost on the server, nothing is registered, your dummy changes speed, games are not fun, rarely your game works well, you are almost not able to shoot a dummy from the side because it's all lagging, even with 5ms of 400+ fps 240hz
your game feels broken and screen torn and choppy

I repeat, do not spend money on these things.

and

normally people without knowing would say "you're just bad" because you are refuting the term electricity...

I have liquipedia, hltv, I was a national tier 1 player for a long time, at faceit lvl 10, S rank and platforms keeping 1.50 kd monthly against good players always, still considered a good player around here

"But what are you looking for, why are you here?"

I no longer want to feel like my game is 100% random overnight I can't train aiming or movement because everything changes the next day or the next hour, the speed of the game and the way it works

Needing to use different angles and play differently to try to work around the problem the vast majority of the time, you visibly feel that you have been harmed by an external factor at all times
Shaky screen feels choppy like I'm at a party with the floor shaking and walls grinding randomly with no settings changed.

I would just like to have a consistent game, and nothing else.

dervu

Post by dervu » 21 Jul 2023, 11:03

Well, there are two types of people. First type can find good place, other one can't. So what is the point being on this forum, if you believe someone or some group of people that have disproven electricity. :)
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 21 Jul 2023, 11:26

dervu wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2023, 11:03
Well, there are two types of people. First type can find good place, other one can't. So what is the point being on this forum, if you believe someone or some group of people that have disproven electricity. :)
assuming its principle that there are two types of people...

this problem is easily confused, like for example Ayman "Mouse/input lag is killing me" from the NVIDIA thread, this thread was promising for everyone else as it lasted many years with many old people (desync issues) having this problem...

Ayman always said, I don't have desync in games, my games run fine, I have mouse lag, I feel like my mouse floats on ice and stuff.

And he "solved" his problem with a change + ups, but even then still later I found this guy in some threads still talking about the problem and quoting things like I still had them.

If I only had the floating mouse and my games worked well, I would never look for or go into an advanced topic of this level we are at, I would certainly have discarded a lot of things at friends' houses or something, to know how to solve JUST my mouse problem.

But show me one person who has solved their general desync issues with all these exact symptoms by saying they fixed it by changing locations in some thread, and I'll find you this same guy in another location later still talking about the problem...

I don't want things like a 3 line comment and this guy never seen again, you know people who comment on this problem say fixed by things they tested for only 3 days as they are not familiar with the problem, we all know there are several placebos we can do that last for hours and sometimes days, several of them are saying fixed for their instant experiences thrilled to have a good game after some change, (Just like I had every place I moved)

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 21 Jul 2023, 13:50

I have read the whole topic. What conclusion did you draw from this? We all live in a simulation, in a matrix, and computer desync, is this a simulation bug? Some kind of error, or virus (virus in simulation)?

You can laugh. But I will quickly believe in this theory than in the fact that some kind of interference comes from a person that will desynchronize the work of the PC. After all, you can go through some kind of examination, go to a scientific institute, check if the radiation is from you.

greenenemy

Post by greenenemy » 21 Jul 2023, 16:00

As far as I know, nobody actually measured input latency and got abnormally high results, so maybe the problem is with perception. Something like velocitization where your brain perceives the world differently for some reason. The game might feel different depending if you are excited or anxious or depressed or scared maybe.
When your neurotransmiters are high, you might be godlike in game and when your dopamine is depleted you get temporary Parkinson-like effects.
Most short-term fixes seem to be placebos caused by excitement about the new 100% fix. You get higher levels of neurotransmiters and improved blood flow in the brain and for some time you are in a flow state until you are depleted again.

That's just my short on the spot hypothesis :mrgreen:

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 21 Jul 2023, 16:59

The main problem they are talking about here is desync online. Any offline delay can be experienced and adapted.
Desync online looks like this

you can watch these videos
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12046&start=40#p94921
The last video is after the move.
And this desync can appear on any computers, for example, friends or in a cyber club. The guys are talking about it. It may reappear even if you have moved and bought a new PC.

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 21 Jul 2023, 17:33

TN_fun wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2023, 13:50
I have read the whole topic. What conclusion did you draw from this? We all live in a simulation, in a matrix, and computer desync, is this a simulation bug? Some kind of error, or virus (virus in simulation)?

You can laugh. But I will quickly believe in this theory than in the fact that some kind of interference comes from a person that will desynchronize the work of the PC. After all, you can go through some kind of examination, go to a scientific institute, check if the radiation is from you.
yea, I understand you... in this case it's better to snowball over infinite electricity.

Excuse me will I tell @n1zoo @Dani Pa (Youtube) and others so we can buy a different UPS, or an isolated transformer with a higher voltage? which one do you recommend? :?

Maybe I should buy an insulated power pole all to myself, or an enterprise power generator, while all the streamers you applaud are sloppily plugging the pins into 5 or 10U$ power strips with just a basic surge protector :x

can't wait for the next thing you'll recommend to spend our money on after everything tested here

or I saw one of your old posts, saying this in October 2022, asking to look for more cyber cafes or more houses until one works well.

so should we test more houses and apartments? how many do you suggest? maybe 200? All of them in different cities for the "skeptic" to be sure? :roll:

you're so logical when you ask a person who thinks the problem is windows, you say just to install linux and test it, why aren't you so logical with electricity? :?:

"electricity is wide, 1 billion of factors"

yea, but not in this problem, if you tested 3 places all far (10km or more) from each other and you still have it, if you tested a notebook on battery life and you still have it, if you played alongside a pro and you still have it.

logical, it would be complete ignorance of me to continue testing about electricity after that, just because I find the other theory IMPOSSIBLE, MATRIX LOL

Refute me about the notebook cases here, or about the people at the cyber-cafΓ©, not only with me, with several (and you know it)

"crazy!!! this guy believes he's a matrix simulation lol lol look at this!! my ups with 2 external batteries is about to arrive and I'm going to prove to him that I can keep my games for more than 1 week well (1 week and 1 day) :lol: "

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 21 Jul 2023, 18:32

greenenemy wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2023, 16:00
As far as I know, nobody actually measured input latency and got abnormally high results, so maybe the problem is with perception. Something like velocitization where your brain perceives the world differently for some reason. The game might feel different depending if you are excited or anxious or depressed or scared maybe.
When your neurotransmiters are high, you might be godlike in game and when your dopamine is depleted you get temporary Parkinson-like effects.
Most short-term fixes seem to be placebos caused by excitement about the new 100% fix. You get higher levels of neurotransmiters and improved blood flow in the brain and for some time you are in a flow state until you are depleted again.

That's just my short on the spot hypothesis :mrgreen:
I appreciate your effort to try to help, but this problem is totally visible to people around, or even in videos or stream (with vs without)

zeasty

Post by zeasty » 21 Jul 2023, 22:28

Hello, everyone
for me it's 100% electricity related.

I have an oven in my kitchen and at the hours of input lag the oven has some light which indicate if it's turned on or off
The light of the oven start stuttering and blinking even if the oven is off and never turned on.

So i guess it's obvious for me.

I was going to try greenwave filters, i saw a post on the forum of a guy who managed to fix it by buying seasonic plat psu & greenwave filters