help advice for new desync issue users

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
caponew0w

Re: help advice for new desync issue users

Post by caponew0w » 22 Jul 2023, 19:14

TN_fun wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:59
The main problem they are talking about here is desync online. Any offline delay can be experienced and adapted.
Desync online looks like this

you can watch these videos
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12046&start=40#p94921
The last video is after the move.
And this desync can appear on any computers, for example, friends or in a cyber club. The guys are talking about it. It may reappear even if you have moved and bought a new PC.
I posted that videos, after a month in this new location I can say that the electricity is way better than my old house where I recorded the first two videos, I still have so much better input lag than before and the image is way smoother, but the desync is mostly the same, maybe a 10 to 15% improvement to desync which is still very unplayable for me, impossible to do anything.. its very very sad.
greenenemy wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:00
As far as I know, nobody actually measured input latency and got abnormally high results, so maybe the problem is with perception. Something like velocitization where your brain perceives the world differently for some reason. The game might feel different depending if you are excited or anxious or depressed or scared maybe.
When your neurotransmiters are high, you might be godlike in game and when your dopamine is depleted you get temporary Parkinson-like effects.
Most short-term fixes seem to be placebos caused by excitement about the new 100% fix. You get higher levels of neurotransmiters and improved blood flow in the brain and for some time you are in a flow state until you are depleted again.

That's just my short on the spot hypothesis :mrgreen:

I got 2 different friends playing over in my old location and they were shocked about what my gameplay feels like.. 10km away from me in their house they did not have this kind of issues. The differences you can see from normal gameplay and the sort of things that I posted in that videos are pretty distinguishable.

delve

Post by delve » 22 Jul 2023, 20:16

caponew0w wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 19:14
TN_fun wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:59
The main problem they are talking about here is desync online. Any offline delay can be experienced and adapted.
Desync online looks like this

you can watch these videos
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12046&start=40#p94921
The last video is after the move.
And this desync can appear on any computers, for example, friends or in a cyber club. The guys are talking about it. It may reappear even if you have moved and bought a new PC.
I posted that videos, after a month in this new location I can say that the electricity is way better than my old house where I recorded the first two videos, I still have so much better input lag than before and the image is way smoother, but the desync is mostly the same, maybe a 10 to 15% improvement to desync which is still very unplayable for me, impossible to do anything.. its very very sad.
greenenemy wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:00
As far as I know, nobody actually measured input latency and got abnormally high results, so maybe the problem is with perception. Something like velocitization where your brain perceives the world differently for some reason. The game might feel different depending if you are excited or anxious or depressed or scared maybe.
When your neurotransmiters are high, you might be godlike in game and when your dopamine is depleted you get temporary Parkinson-like effects.
Most short-term fixes seem to be placebos caused by excitement about the new 100% fix. You get higher levels of neurotransmiters and improved blood flow in the brain and for some time you are in a flow state until you are depleted again.

That's just my short on the spot hypothesis :mrgreen:

I got 2 different friends playing over in my old location and they were shocked about what my gameplay feels like.. 10km away from me in their house they did not have this kind of issues. The differences you can see from normal gameplay and the sort of things that I posted in that videos are pretty distinguishable.
I have noticed this myself, during the night my inputs feel so so much better, the entire pc becomes much smoother, but the desync is only like 15% percent better. I noticed a similar effect with going off-grid. This desync is a bigger mystery than input lag to me, which is obviously caused by emi.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 23 Jul 2023, 07:34

caponew0w wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 19:14

Maybe your PC is already damaged? I have heard many such stories. After a bad place, the PC does not work well anywhere. Can you find another PC, like a friend's PC?

delve

Post by delve » 23 Jul 2023, 07:49

Or order a laptop, which you can test and return and a new mouse, that would be a new setup basically.

finalboss

Post by finalboss » 23 Jul 2023, 18:58

Your post is really important for people who discovered this problem recently.

Trash hit reg, floaty mouse, input lag and desync. I imagine that if you are here, you already heard all these words. Yes, We have all these problems, and it seems that the more you pay attention and learn about it, the worse it gets. Tbh, everyone can confirm that it gets worse upon the time.

Everyone feels different symptoms, different feelings and different experiences.

First of all, i want to tell for new people or everyone to don't believe in everything you learn here or in other channels related to this problem, this also includes discord channels, etc... but why? Because everyone have different symptoms, different feelings and different experiences.

Before you fall into that electricity limbo, i recommend you to check a few things: Does your electric circuit box has a surge protection device? Do you live in a grounded place? New wiring made by a good electrical engineer? Why im asking that? because these are the basic standards for living with a decent electricity. If yes, you should discard a real electricity problem, you can test some UPS but its all bullshit, lets be real, people are suffering with that issue since 2008,2009,2010, people who already tested all electricity methods, different online UPS devices, pure senoidal waves and also people who produces his own energy. The plot twist? Many of them said that fixed his problem but still discuss about the problem in servers or forums... lets be real, if you discover a real fix you will probably share with people who have the same problem and will never be the active member as you used to be and will just leave servers or forums because you already fixed your problem and go to live your own life. The problem is that all fixes are temporary, people always come back again with a different way to fix it... Lol, its all bullshit.

You could buy a one thousand UPS by your own risk, turn on and play with it, it will “fix” for one hour and when you charge it again will never be the same. That’s what everyone says... 90% of experienced guys who are solving this problem for more than 10 years already discarded the UPS theory

Nothing is forever, that's the worst thing, mostly known fix are just temporary. That's why sometimes people come here and say that they “fixed“ his problem but comes back after a amount time, because they’re just happy and come to share his personal experiences, we don't need to get upset with that.

We already know some relevant people in servers and forums who already went to all continents and still carried the problem

Different PC’s, ISP’s, Energy providers also own made energy (Off-grid systems) and still the same problem…

That's crazy, right?

Me, and many other experienced guys will recommend you to don't waste money trying to fix that problem, some people already spent more than $10.000 trying to find a fix, all fixes come back after some time, that problem is unfixable, you need to study about it by yourself and make your own opinions. but please, don't try to put an uncertain opinion into a person's head.

So instead you try to fix it, try to mask this problem by shaping your play style, everyone who have the problem for a while learned to deal with it. don't try to play when your game is bad, it will only hurt your psychology, try to find a new hobby... That's sad to learn but listen: gaming is not for you, not yet.

Here is a link to a good youtube video from a experienced guy with this problem (n1zoo), im sending it here because people can learn about the problem: https://youtu.be/v8OZsCPhMC0

Loltakoo, thank you so much for your post, im sure that it will reach and help many people.

If you need help or discuss with something i wrote, feel free to add me and share your own opnions :)

Hope we find a fix in this life :'(

gl all

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 23 Jul 2023, 22:22

Cloudhaze here, or haze, I used to be a very enthusiast user since 2009 or so, this problem started for me in 2010 July or late at 2010.
I used to play very competitive counter strike 1.6 In fact I have over 10.000k hours almost 11k.000, nowadays the game to me is unplayeable, (this also happens in offline lan, or different games either online/offline) In fact this topic of desync, input lag, not smoothness, etc,etc started back in 2009 with a famous topic created in Steam forums whose name was: (Cs isn't smooth) valved ended deleting that post, then that problem scale to Nvidia forums, then Github, tomshardware, etc,etc I spent years of tweaking my Windows among a friend from italy which is a Google programmer, she was so fantastic , I learn a lot with her.

So in short resumen, I tweaked bios, modify and made custom bios through multiples flash (i don't recommend do this nowadays) you better use SCEWIN, also multiples tweaks to the kernel of Windows(multiples windows version LTSB, non LTSB, windows xp, 7 , 8,10 , registry tweaks, latency tweaks, drivers tweaks, linebasement vs MSI, cpu affinities, and yes sometimes you uninstall or install ,or tweak something just for a couple of minutes you will feel like a god, perfect rcoil, smooth as butter, etc,etc.

So yeah at this point I never was able to buy a EMI/RFI tool to check my outlets, not even a oscilloscope I always dreamed with buy those tools and do my test.

Short latency
https://prnt.sc/pDmUjWL_61w_

But at this point as you can see here on my pictures, l have pretty perfect system out/input
the only driver with high executim time is the network adapter tried multiples drivers but I guess my network embedded chipset is meh
https://prnt.sc/yonGJSi65F7q

But yeah hope a day to be able to buy some nice RFI/EMI meter, to test outlers or psu, like this guy did on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11171&start=110
I'm so happy for him.
Last edited by pcenthusiast92 on 24 Jul 2023, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

dervu

Post by dervu » 24 Jul 2023, 06:21

finalboss wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 18:58

Trash hit reg, floaty mouse, input lag and desync. I imagine that if you are here, you already heard all these words. Yes, We have all these problems, and it seems that the more you pay attention and learn about it, the worse it gets. Tbh, everyone can confirm that it gets worse upon the time.

Everyone feels different symptoms, different feelings and different experiences.

First of all, i want to tell for new people or everyone to don't believe in everything you learn here or in other channels related to this problem, this also includes discord channels, etc... but why? Because everyone have different symptoms, different feelings and different experiences.

Before you fall into that electricity limbo, i recommend you to check a few things: Does your electric circuit box has a surge protection device? Do you live in a grounded place? New wiring made by a good electrical engineer? Why im asking that? because these are the basic standards for living with a decent electricity. If yes, you should discard a real electricity problem, you can test some UPS but its all bullshit, lets be real, people are suffering with that issue since 2008,2009,2010, people who already tested all electricity methods, different online UPS devices, pure senoidal waves and also people who produces his own energy. The plot twist? Many of them said that fixed his problem but still discuss about the problem in servers or forums... lets be real, if you discover a real fix you will probably share with people who have the same problem and will never be the active member as you used to be and will just leave servers or forums because you already fixed your problem and go to live your own life. The problem is that all fixes are temporary, people always come back again with a different way to fix it... Lol, its all bullshit.

You could buy a one thousand UPS by your own risk, turn on and play with it, it will “fix” for one hour and when you charge it again will never be the same. That’s what everyone says... 90% of experienced guys who are solving this problem for more than 10 years already discarded the UPS theory

Nothing is forever, that's the worst thing, mostly known fix are just temporary. That's why sometimes people come here and say that they “fixed“ his problem but comes back after a amount time, because they’re just happy and come to share his personal experiences, we don't need to get upset with that.

We already know some relevant people in servers and forums who already went to all continents and still carried the problem

Different PC’s, ISP’s, Energy providers also own made energy (Off-grid systems) and still the same problem…

That's crazy, right?

Me, and many other experienced guys will recommend you to don't waste money trying to fix that problem, some people already spent more than $10.000 trying to find a fix, all fixes come back after some time, that problem is unfixable, you need to study about it by yourself and make your own opinions. but please, don't try to put an uncertain opinion into a person's head.

So instead you try to fix it, try to mask this problem by shaping your play style, everyone who have the problem for a while learned to deal with it. don't try to play when your game is bad, it will only hurt your psychology, try to find a new hobby... That's sad to learn but listen: gaming is not for you, not yet.

Here is a link to a good youtube video from a experienced guy with this problem (n1zoo), im sending it here because people can learn about the problem: https://youtu.be/v8OZsCPhMC0

Loltakoo, thank you so much for your post, im sure that it will reach and help many people.

If you need help or discuss with something i wrote, feel free to add me and share your own opnions :)

gl all
Just remember, don't put everyone into one bag. There are and will be people who just go to another place and its working ok and there are people who can't find good place anywhere. It can't be the same issue for both.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

finalboss

Post by finalboss » 25 Jul 2023, 08:29

dervu wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 06:21
finalboss wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 18:58

That's crazy, right?

gl all
Just remember, don't put everyone into one bag. There are and will be people who just go to another place and its working ok and there are people who can't find good place anywhere. It can't be the same issue for both.
That's a little bit questionable, this could mean you're leaving a big RF area, btw, i know many professionals players in Brazil who lives near to me who plays in perfect conditions... people who lives near big shopping malls, downtowns, metro, etc.

Here is a example: https://imgur.com/a/LzBh3A9

In the right-top from this picture lives a worldwide tier 1 retired pro fortnite player, who is a tier 1 player in warzone nowadays... this big antennas are from a famous Radio/TV station in Brazil, he lives 500 meters from it. this also 5km from my house xD :D

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 25 Jul 2023, 08:54

pcenthusiast92 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 22:22
Cloudhaze here, or haze, I used to be a very enthusiast user since 2009 or so, this problem started for me in 2010 July or late at 2010.
I used to play very competitive counter strike 1.6 In fact I have over 10.000k hours almost 11k.000, nowadays the game to me is unplayeable, (this also happens in offline lan, or different games either online/offline) In fact this topic of desync, input lag, not smoothness, etc,etc started back in 2009 with a famous topic created in Steam forums whose name was: (Cs isn't smooth) valved ended deleting that post, then that problem scale to Nvidia forums, then Github, tomshardware, etc,etc I spent years of tweaking my Windows among a friend from italy which is a Google programmer, she was so fantastic , I learn a lot with her.
Taking into account that you are an old user about this, imagining the amount of things you must have tested just like me...

On the EMI meter I measured the amount generated everywhere I tested, and yes, there was a difference in mV everywhere, some much more and some less...

I tried to go to the house furthest away from the antennas and shops that were close by, the place was almost a "farm" but the internet still arrived, even so for me there were still no changes in the GAME and in all the general symptoms I felt the same problem everywhere the little change that had would be due to the lack of habit with the local-table, but the problem was still there.

Later I went to the house of one of my tier 1 friends I mentioned earlier and the surprise was that the EMI on the mV meter was even higher than all the other places I tested.

So for ME, nothing changes, desync, mouse on ice and all other symptoms are present even in places with low mV.

https://www.alphalabinc.com/products/plm/
using this.

dervu

Post by dervu » 25 Jul 2023, 09:33

loltakoo wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 08:54
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 22:22
Taking into account that you are an old user about this, imagining the amount of things you must have tested just like me...

On the EMI meter I measured the amount generated everywhere I tested, and yes, there was a difference in mV everywhere, some much more and some less...

I tried to go to the house furthest away from the antennas and shops that were close by, the place was almost a "farm" but the internet still arrived, even so for me there were still no changes in the GAME and in all the general symptoms I felt the same problem everywhere the little change that had would be due to the lack of habit with the local-table, but the problem was still there.

Later I went to the house of one of my tier 1 friends I mentioned earlier and the surprise was that the EMI on the mV meter was even higher than all the other places I tested.

So for ME, nothing changes, desync, mouse on ice and all other symptoms are present even in places with low mV.

https://www.alphalabinc.com/products/plm/
using this.
So you just experienced "correlation doesn't imply causation" :)
It's like with magnetism that some talk about, because they see something on their meter. While I could have 0.000 magnetic field measured and still get issue.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor