help advice for new desync issue users

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
pcenthusiast92

Re: help advice for new desync issue users

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 26 Jul 2023, 08:25

loltakoo wrote:
25 Jul 2023, 08:54
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 22:22
Cloudhaze here, or haze, I used to be a very enthusiast user since 2009 or so, this problem started for me in 2010 July or late at 2010.
I used to play very competitive counter strike 1.6 In fact I have over 10.000k hours almost 11k.000, nowadays the game to me is unplayeable, (this also happens in offline lan, or different games either online/offline) In fact this topic of desync, input lag, not smoothness, etc,etc started back in 2009 with a famous topic created in Steam forums whose name was: (Cs isn't smooth) valved ended deleting that post, then that problem scale to Nvidia forums, then Github, tomshardware, etc,etc I spent years of tweaking my Windows among a friend from italy which is a Google programmer, she was so fantastic , I learn a lot with her.
Taking into account that you are an old user about this, imagining the amount of things you must have tested just like me...

On the EMI meter I measured the amount generated everywhere I tested, and yes, there was a difference in mV everywhere, some much more and some less...

I tried to go to the house furthest away from the antennas and shops that were close by, the place was almost a "farm" but the internet still arrived, even so for me there were still no changes in the GAME and in all the general symptoms I felt the same problem everywhere the little change that had would be due to the lack of habit with the local-table, but the problem was still there.

Later I went to the house of one of my tier 1 friends I mentioned earlier and the surprise was that the EMI on the mV meter was even higher than all the other places I tested.

So for ME, nothing changes, desync, mouse on ice and all other symptoms are present even in places with low mV.

https://www.alphalabinc.com/products/plm/
using this.
Hello Good day there, but I was wondering that, if you have a Emi tester, did you tested properly the outlets and the power supply of your friends?

like this person did on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11171&start=110
?

He manage to fix his problem and so far this is the best thread so far on this topic of Emi/rfi, you should take a look, the journey this person take, to fix his problems.

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 27 Jul 2023, 07:36

pcenthusiast92 wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 08:25
loltakoo wrote:
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
Cloudhaze here, or haze, I used to be a very enthusiast user since 2009 or so, this problem started for me in 2010 July or late at 2010.
I used to play very competitive counter strike 1.6 In fact I have over 10.000k hours almost 11k.000, nowadays the game to me is unplayeable, (this also happens in offline lan, or different games either online/offline) In fact this topic of desync, input lag, not smoothness, etc,etc started back in 2009 with a famous topic created in Steam forums whose name was: (Cs isn't smooth) valved ended deleting that post, then that problem scale to Nvidia forums, then Github, tomshardware, etc,etc I spent years of tweaking my Windows among a friend from italy which is a Google programmer, she was so fantastic , I learn a lot with her.
Taking into account that you are an old user about this, imagining the amount of things you must have tested just like me...

On the EMI meter I measured the amount generated everywhere I tested, and yes, there was a difference in mV everywhere, some much more and some less...

I tried to go to the house furthest away from the antennas and shops that were close by, the place was almost a "farm" but the internet still arrived, even so for me there were still no changes in the GAME and in all the general symptoms I felt the same problem everywhere the little change that had would be due to the lack of habit with the local-table, but the problem was still there.

Later I went to the house of one of my tier 1 friends I mentioned earlier and the surprise was that the EMI on the mV meter was even higher than all the other places I tested.

So for ME, nothing changes, desync, mouse on ice and all other symptoms are present even in places with low mV.

using this.
Hello Good day there, but I was wondering that, if you have a Emi tester, did you tested properly the outlets and the power supply of your friends?

?

He manage to fix his problem and so far this is the best thread so far on this topic of Emi/rfi, you should take a look, the journey this person take, to fix his problems.
Yea, I saw this thread, but for me and several other guys various greenwave emi filters and better PSU's do nothing, even with mV at 50~80 which is considered a very low EMI number in the circuit, it didn't change anything regarding how the problem behaves, unfortunately.

it makes no difference in my case and some people I talked to on discord, but you can try to clear your doubts.

moreover the statement that 1200mV+ becomes "unplayable" is invalidated, the pro mentioned by @finalboss plays with 1300 to 1400mV more and his games and mouse movement are perfect and accurate

it's not concrete evidence when there are other people with high numbers with everything working fine, but I appreciate that this guy solved his problem by lowering it, but it's not the same case as mine.

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 27 Jul 2023, 11:26

loltakoo wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 07:36
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
loltakoo wrote:
pcenthusiast92 wrote:

using this.

?

Yea, I saw this thread, but for me and several other guys various greenwave emi filters and better PSU's do nothing, even with mV at 50~80 which is considered a very low EMI number in the circuit, it didn't change anything regarding how the problem behaves, unfortunately.

it makes no difference in my case and some people I talked to on discord, but you can try to clear your doubts.

moreover the statement that 1200mV+ becomes "unplayable" is invalidated, the pro mentioned by @finalboss plays with 1300 to 1400mV more and his games and mouse movement are perfect and accurate

it's not concrete evidence when there are other people with high numbers with everything working fine, but I appreciate that this guy solved his problem by lowering it, but it's not the same case as mine.

Interesting, so your friends and you haved 50-80 MV, may I ask if this was with the computer turned on? if so this mean you have a nice electricity circuit, no emi problems, but then you may be suffering them from (RFI).

I remember a PC tech guy from Argentina, he used to do youtube tutorials about computer science, networking, programming, etc,etc, and in one of those videos he was speaking about the EMI/RFI and I remember he told a story about one of his client, telling him that his laptop often get blue screen, random freezes, the laptop pad doesn't work, etc,etc.

So the Pc tech told to this person, ok lemme grab the laptop and I will bring in to my local and run some stress test, to check everything is properly and see how the hardware behave, do some software checks, etc,etc. Two or three days passed, the laptop behaved perfectly. He called his client and sent the laptop back. 2-3 days later, the client called the Tech, and says: again blue screen of death, stuttering, random freezes

At this point the Tech person was like, the hardware was behaving perfectly with 2-3 days of 100% gpu/cpu/disk/ on benchmark for couple of hours, so is not a hardware problem, I'm afraid that we may try this time to format the laptop install everything from zero, maybe a problem with the software or the Image of the ISO, he did. 2-3 days the Client called him again, same situation blue screen again, at this time the client asked to the Pc tech if he can come to its place, the PC tech smiled and says ok.

The technician went to the client's house and eventually noticed that the client lived in an apartment on a 7th floor in Buenos Aires, where he was surrounded by many antennas, since the technician also used to mount antennas from point to point. He proceeded to to test the laptop of its client, and he easily noticed that the track pack of laptop didn't worked, the keyboard was behaving weird, the mouse doing jumps, then he suddenly decided to go to the floor of the building with the client, and suddenly the track pack started to behave properly, the keyboard was working again, no more freezing, and at this point the only 2 solutions this client had was

1- Paint the walls of its apartment to stop the (rfi)
2- probably buy some RFI tools, or find a better laptop with better filters of rfi.

So yeah, in short, you may want also to check for RFI at this point, sorry for to much text, I struggled a lot explaining this in English ^^,

PS: sorry for my poor grammar/English.

ixa

Post by ixa » 28 Jul 2023, 03:47

pcenthusiast92 wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 11:26
loltakoo wrote:
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
loltakoo wrote:

using this.

?

Interesting, so your friends and you haved 50-80 MV, may I ask if this was with the computer turned on? if so this mean you have a nice electricity circuit, no emi problems, but then you may be suffering them from (RFI).

I remember a PC tech guy from Argentina, he used to do youtube tutorials about computer science, networking, programming, etc,etc, and in one of those videos he was speaking about the EMI/RFI and I remember he told a story about one of his client, telling him that his laptop often get blue screen, random freezes, the laptop pad doesn't work, etc,etc.

So the Pc tech told to this person, ok lemme grab the laptop and I will bring in to my local and run some stress test, to check everything is properly and see how the hardware behave, do some software checks, etc,etc. Two or three days passed, the laptop behaved perfectly. He called his client and sent the laptop back. 2-3 days later, the client called the Tech, and says: again blue screen of death, stuttering, random freezes

At this point the Tech person was like, the hardware was behaving perfectly with 2-3 days of 100% gpu/cpu/disk/ on benchmark for couple of hours, so is not a hardware problem, I'm afraid that we may try this time to format the laptop install everything from zero, maybe a problem with the software or the Image of the ISO, he did. 2-3 days the Client called him again, same situation blue screen again, at this time the client asked to the Pc tech if he can come to its place, the PC tech smiled and says ok.

The technician went to the client's house and eventually noticed that the client lived in an apartment on a 7th floor in Buenos Aires, where he was surrounded by many antennas, since the technician also used to mount antennas from point to point. He proceeded to to test the laptop of its client, and he easily noticed that the track pack of laptop didn't worked, the keyboard was behaving weird, the mouse doing jumps, then he suddenly decided to go to the floor of the building with the client, and suddenly the track pack started to behave properly, the keyboard was working again, no more freezing, and at this point the only 2 solutions this client had was

2- probably buy some RFI tools, or find a better laptop with better filters of rfi.

So yeah, in short, you may want also to check for RFI at this point, sorry for to much text, I struggled a lot explaining this in English ^^,

May you please share the link ? thanks

pcenthusiast92

Post by pcenthusiast92 » 28 Jul 2023, 09:25

ixa wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 03:47
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
loltakoo wrote:
pcenthusiast92 wrote:

?

This is the video about the tech person from Buenos Aires, he has nice tutorials in Spanish and he also have a English channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IWfIuBT5bo
I'm not promoting this channel I'm just sharing as you asked.

But in this video sadly he didn't explain like newer methods to mitigate emi or rfi he just was telling an history about what happened with his pc costumers.

Have good day.

JustNumber

Post by JustNumber » 28 Jul 2023, 09:59

Hi guyz. I like to ask one question. Did somebody made some test about electricity frequency ? I am living in new apartment . Everything is grounded etc. I have better experience from 23:00- 8:00. I am living in Netherlands. I am observing for now voltage and frequency during bad and good experience . For now i see better experience 50HZ plus. Bad experience always 49.5HZ-49.7HZ. Can't find any topic about frequency.

finalboss

Post by finalboss » 28 Jul 2023, 11:34

ixa wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 03:47
pcenthusiast92 wrote:
loltakoo wrote:
pcenthusiast92 wrote:

?

I know we need to distinguish EMI and RFI, but the problem also happens playing in different places, in Loltakoo case, he moved 800km to test his PC and equipments and also played in his friend PC (Friend who are a tier 1 CS player) On that house, everyone was playing without any problem, but for him, the problem appeared again some hours later... No one can explain that.

EMI or RFI should affect all PC's, but his PC was the only one affected, he also played on his friend PC and problem appeared some hours later, when his friend went to play on the same PC the problem disappeared :?

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 28 Jul 2023, 13:14

finalboss wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 11:34

EMI or RFI should affect all PC's, but his PC was the only one affected, he also played on his friend PC and problem appeared some hours later, when his friend went to play on the same PC the problem disappeared :?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12275&start=10#p95902

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 28 Jul 2023, 13:31

TN_fun wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 13:14
finalboss wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12275&p=95907#p95907

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 28 Jul 2023, 16:24

loltakoo wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 13:31
TN_fun wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 13:14
finalboss wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12275&p=95907#p95907
"crazy!!! this guy believes he's a matrix simulation lol lol look at this!! my ups with 2 external batteries is about to arrive and I'm going to prove to him that I can keep my games for more than 1 week well (1 week and 1 day) :lol: "
did you receive your ups?