Stupid fix solve the mouse feeling and slowness

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
I LOVE TIN FOIL

Stupid fix solve the mouse feeling and slowness

Post by I LOVE TIN FOIL » 21 Aug 2023, 18:31

Could be my case but two things fixed for me;
Brass standoffs in case and changing dns server to cloudflare, both solve all desync and latency.
Any input?

Anonymous271863

Re: Stupid fix solve the mouse feeling and slowness

Post by Anonymous271863 » 21 Aug 2023, 20:38

did it only fix the icy mouse feeling? i've been using cloudflare DNS for a while because steam doesn't let me download games in the automatic DNS. i didnt try brass standoffs

Derosa

Post by Derosa » 22 Aug 2023, 11:20

let us know if is consistent in next days

triplese

Post by triplese » 24 Aug 2023, 16:12

DNS is not participating in your gaming at all.
DNS is address to IP transition service and thats all.
After transition is done (at first request to some name, like google.com) DNS isnt active.

Kipperii

Post by Kipperii » 26 Aug 2023, 03:13

just changed Brass standoffs in case
Will report back after a few days of testing

Derosa

Post by Derosa » 26 Aug 2023, 16:12

Kipperii wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 03:13
for now hows goin

Kipperii

Post by Kipperii » 26 Aug 2023, 21:55

Derosa wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 16:12
Kipperii wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 03:13
for now hows goin
The desync problem has improved, but not much.
Mainly notice that the peeking of the enemy model becomes "slower".
The k/d of the average 20 games has slightly increased.
My original computer case, screws, and standoffs are all painted in black, and now I have changed the standoffs and screws to brass.
I think just changing the standoffs and screws is not enough, but the "static" of the computer motherboard does seem to affect the player performance of the game (slightly)?
I might think of some better ways to optimize the computer's grounding.

I LOVE TIN FOIL

Post by I LOVE TIN FOIL » 02 Sep 2023, 14:30

EXTENDED EXPLANATION

I think my fix is not gonna automatically fix the problem for everyone, but I think the problem in my case was that by using the painted standoffs the motherboard was grounded to the PSU which itself was grounded to the wall and case. My guess was bad wiring in my home was causing these issues. By switching to brass standoffs, the motherboard became hard grounded to the case and fixed my issues; so my best assumption for my "problem" was that my setup was grounded incorrectly. Once again, what worked for me may not work for you.

Re the DNS fix I believe that was just exclusive to my game. But many other people on this forum can vouch for the brass standoffs fix.