Input lag/desync/heavy mouse issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Anonymous271863

Re: Input lag/desync/heavy mouse issues

Post by Anonymous271863 » 15 Sep 2023, 06:34

whatdahek wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2023, 16:22
Mys_Tik wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2023, 15:51
In my case moving cables and all of that stuff doesn't do any difference with mouse feeling, it's still extremely heavy/icy... it's weird. I have a regular power strip though, no UPS! my outlet isn't grounded also, could that have something to do with it?
I don't have UPS either. I believe outlet grounding is important and not just for your pc but for devices in general.

Haven't had the time to play and I'm leaving in 2 days so I will do further testing when I get back, it seems to be consistently smooth with the latest changes at the time.
I just got an electrician to ground the outlet where my PC is connected specifically, although everything else in my home isn't grounded, but he said he can do it specifically to that outlet. i dont know too much about it but i thought it was fine, however it made zero difference, like literally zero, it's the same as ungrounded lol

I feel like i should try getting an UPS at this point. im also getting fiber internet soon and idk if that will make any difference, i've been using cable for like my whole life

if those two don't fix my issue then i'm screwed. unless i try my pc in any other house or even worse, in a different city

if i still don't notice any changes after that then i really don't know what else i can do lol

triplese

Post by triplese » 15 Sep 2023, 09:19

15 Sep 2023, 06:34
I feel like i should try getting an UPS at this point. im also getting fiber internet soon and idk if that will make any difference, i've been using cable for like my whole life
Dont waste time and money - I have both, online UPS and fiber and 0 improvements.

delve

Post by delve » 15 Sep 2023, 10:16

You said it is fixed 90%, what more do you want, Also the electrician might gave you neutral grounding, which is useless.

Anonymous271863

Post by Anonymous271863 » 15 Sep 2023, 13:31

triplese wrote: ↑
15 Sep 2023, 09:19
Dont waste time and money - I have both, online UPS and fiber and 0 improvements.
i'm not getting them primarily to mitigate interference, i have random power outages every day where i live so i need an ups, and fiber is just faster internet which got introduced here just recently, we all had to use cable before that lol.
if it does any change i'll report back although i highly doubt it.

ultra

Post by ultra » 20 Sep 2023, 19:35

15 Sep 2023, 13:31
i'm not getting them primarily to mitigate interference, i have random power outages every day where i live so i need an ups, and fiber is just faster internet which got introduced here just recently, we all had to use cable before that lol.

dont count on it brother , i live in algeria i brought new high end pc ( 13700k ,4080 , and Titanium AX1600 PSU with high end motherboard Z790 ace ) i also have online double conversion ups from APC. guess what ? 0 change my gameplay is crap the lag is so messy

this issue is 1000000% from strong interference coming from coaxial near ur house. here where i live many near by they use alot of stateillte dish with LNB switch and all cables are near electric voltage lines im 100% they generate tons of EMF / EMI and an UPS will do nothing against it , you got to find a way to shield ur PC which is close to impossible. just by moving/playing around with monitor power cable or PSU power you see instant change on mouse feeling. and sync/hitreg is so bad. [ offline with bots ]

Anonymous271863

Post by Anonymous271863 » 22 Sep 2023, 13:34

ultra wrote: ↑
20 Sep 2023, 19:35
15 Sep 2023, 13:31

dont count on it brother , i live in algeria i brought new high end pc ( 13700k ,4080 , and Titanium AX1600 PSU with high end motherboard Z790 ace ) i also have online double conversion ups from APC. guess what ? 0 change my gameplay is crap the lag is so messy

this issue is 1000000% from strong interference coming from coaxial near ur house. here where i live many near by they use alot of stateillte dish with LNB switch and all cables are near electric voltage lines im 100% they generate tons of EMF / EMI and an UPS will do nothing against it , you got to find a way to shield ur PC which is close to impossible. just by moving/playing around with monitor power cable or PSU power you see instant change on mouse feeling. and sync/hitreg is so bad. [ offline with bots ]
tbh i'm pretty sure my whole town is infected, because there was a single day in august of this year in which the input lag was gone, and then my cousin joined me in-game and he noticed it too, he literally couldn't stop mentioning how clear the monitor image was and how snappy the mouse was. IT WAS NOT PLACEBO, my aim is extremely snappy and accurate, when I have input lag or not I can notice it instantly. we did not do any changes or anything like that, it seems our town somehow got less interference in that day, the day later input lag came back though.

anyways, when that happened it completely changed my perspective and made me realize that it's probably the entire town that i live in, population is around 5000. Another important note: electrical power lines or whatever come from another small town which is even smaller than the one i live on and there's less people living there and it's 80+ years old. supposedly the energy company from here are going to bring a new high voltage line or whatever. but if fiber and UPS don't fix the issue (which believe me i'm sure they won't) I will probably try my PC in a city where we own a house when we visit, we sometimes go there

also, regarding desync/hitreg, i actually don't notice this in online games, and specially not in offline lol. only thing i notice is blurry monitor and heavy mouse feeling (and probably lower FPS performance in games in general). i also don't notice keyboard input lag although i'm sure there is, but it isn't bad enough for me to complain, it's fine

Sari

Post by Sari » 05 Oct 2023, 18:51

whatdahek wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2023, 12:49
So I've been having these issues for far too long.
I managed to make them a lot better but they are still happening.

I changed my pc's plug to an individual and bigger circuit breaker with very few things on it so It doesn't get cuts from other devices in the house because the other one was heavy loaded.
New psu/power strip/cables also helped, as well as new shielded ethernet cable.
Also lifted cables/power strip off the ground on a wooden box and it helped by a lot.
Today I also took the time to separate each lifted cable so they don't touch each other to see if it's gonna help with the consistency.

After all these when I rarely get heavy mouse feeling moving/touching the cables or even moving the case a bit fixes the problem 99% of the time.
What could it be ? Also is there a possibility there is something causing issues under the ground ?

Please don't take any of these fixes for granted and do not by any means try to change a breaker on your own, I got a professional to do these for me.
Yo bro, did the fiber and ups fix the issue? or did it help atleast?