Input lag/desync/heavy mouse issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
whatdahek

Input lag/desync/heavy mouse issues

Post by whatdahek » 06 Sep 2023, 12:49

So I've been having these issues for far too long.
I managed to make them a lot better but they are still happening.

I changed my pc's plug to an individual and bigger circuit breaker with very few things on it so It doesn't get cuts from other devices in the house because the other one was heavy loaded.
New psu/power strip/cables also helped, as well as new shielded ethernet cable.
Also lifted cables/power strip off the ground on a wooden box and it helped by a lot.
Today I also took the time to separate each lifted cable so they don't touch each other to see if it's gonna help with the consistency.

After all these when I rarely get heavy mouse feeling moving/touching the cables or even moving the case a bit fixes the problem 99% of the time.
What could it be ? Also is there a possibility there is something causing issues under the ground ?

Please don't take any of these fixes for granted and do not by any means try to change a breaker on your own, I got a professional to do these for me.

Derosa

Re: Input lag/desync/heavy mouse issues

Post by Derosa » 07 Sep 2023, 07:47

same thing to me , moving cables or messing with power strip make mouse slowness disappear.... i can notice it so much when aiming or doing precise movements with the aim ... didnt tryd to put power strip in box of wood

whatdahek

Post by whatdahek » 07 Sep 2023, 08:04

Derosa wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 07:47
same thing to me , moving cables or messing with power strip make mouse slowness disappear.... i can notice it so much when aiming or doing precise movements with the aim ... didnt tryd to put power strip in box of wood
Just lifted it basically so it doesn't touch the ground, you can put it wherever you want.
Yeah I can tell from the desktop feeling if games are gonna be laggy or not.

Anonymous271863

Post by Anonymous271863 » 07 Sep 2023, 15:51

In my case moving cables and all of that stuff doesn't do any difference with mouse feeling, it's still extremely heavy/icy... it's weird. I have a regular power strip though, no UPS! my outlet isn't grounded also, could that have something to do with it?

whatdahek

Post by whatdahek » 07 Sep 2023, 16:22

Mys_Tik wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 15:51
In my case moving cables and all of that stuff doesn't do any difference with mouse feeling, it's still extremely heavy/icy... it's weird. I have a regular power strip though, no UPS! my outlet isn't grounded also, could that have something to do with it?
I don't have UPS either. I believe outlet grounding is important and not just for your pc but for devices in general.

Haven't had the time to play and I'm leaving in 2 days so I will do further testing when I get back, it seems to be consistently smooth with the latest changes at the time.

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 07 Sep 2023, 23:40

I’ve noticed that plugging other stuff into the power strip with my PC and Xbox completely changes how the game looks and responds. i have no idea wtf is going on but I’ve tested it extensively and it undoubtedly makes a difference

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 10 Sep 2023, 16:22

Everythingblows wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 23:40
I’ve noticed that plugging other stuff into the power strip with my PC and Xbox completely changes how the game looks and responds. i have no idea wtf is going on but I’ve tested it extensively and it undoubtedly makes a difference
Same, specially if it was something that is brand new.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 11 Sep 2023, 14:26

Yeah plugging in other appliances nearby or connecting extra wires into my PC/Xbox USB ports temporarily relieves the desync, maybe 30 seconds or so. It works similar to how various software/settings tweaks last a short amount of time and then it goes back to shit.

I don’t understand how so many people report the exact same extremely niche observations and get clowned for it.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 11 Sep 2023, 17:11

Everythingblows wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 14:26
Yeah plugging in other appliances nearby or connecting extra wires into my PC/Xbox USB ports temporarily relieves the desync, maybe 30 seconds or so. It works similar to how various software/settings tweaks last a short amount of time and then it goes back to shit.

I don’t understand how so many people report the exact same extremely niche observations and get clowned for it.
Because even for me, while knowing and being affected by the exact problem and its feel, I still cannot wrap my head around it, logically ofc.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 12 Sep 2023, 14:42

Yes it’s extremely frustrating, but nobody’s claims should be dismissed for defying “logic” when nobody has a clue how any of this shit works. Several of the most prominent scientists and electrical engineers still debate the literal most basic mechanisms for how electricity is even propagated. It’s not crazy that extremely sensitive computer parts may not be functioning right in a way that is minimally perceptible but completely gamebreaking.

It just seems like the regulars on here get salty that the conversation is potentially beyond their buns software knowledge. Some of them will clown the EMI people outright. Others work tirelessly to emphasize this super fragile PC philosophy, where it’s somehow normal for computers that haven’t been thoroughly optimized to behave in this extremely erratic way causing the same exact set symptoms that every EMI person describes