[Help] Super desynced and maybe not grounded pc i think

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
minathor

[Help] Super desynced and maybe not grounded pc i think

Post by minathor » 20 Sep 2023, 20:42

Hello folks. Im Minato and im from Uruguay. I´ve been suffering from input lag and desync that makes csgo and valorant unplayable.
This is my pc:

FX 8350
MOBO 970 GAMING
4 X 8 GB DDR3 1600
AMD SSD 120GB
HDD 500GB
RTX 3050
MOUSE G203
LUCIFER V2 COOLER
PSU EVGA 750BQ
KB CORSAIR K95
I THINK ITS A CHINESE MONITOR PERSEO 165HZ https://pcparts.com.uy/product/monitor- ... 1ms-165hz/

This is what i tried: Autogpuaffinity, all msi modes tweaks that i saw, bought cat8 cable, gaming windows, debloated or old drivers, changing killer e2200 driver to qualcomm atheros, and lot of things more that i dont even remember. I have disabled hpet bios, all power saving features from bios, disabled cool n quiet, disabled amd turbo, disabled spread spectrum ( i enabled it a few times and no difference)

I noticed something strange, that is that if i unplug the psu cable from power, and press turn on button from pc, it will turn lights for 1 or 2 seconds. That means that it has static right? I will leave few pictures about my connectors. Image Image

cybepine

Re: [Help] Super desynced and maybe not grounded pc i think

Post by cybepine » 22 Sep 2023, 10:41

Hello and welcome to the forums.
minathor wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 20:42
I noticed something strange, that is that if i unplug the psu cable from power, and press turn on button from pc, it will turn lights for 1 or 2 seconds. That means that it has static right? I will leave few pictures about my connectors.
This is perfectly normal, it takes a while to discharge power supply. Not static.

Edit: Type L plug. Very rare type. Please show more close up picture of your outlet.
You seems have grounded outlets. Computers should be always plugged to grounded outlets.

White travel adapters are not for long-term use, only for temporary use. Move your monitor power supply away from your pc wire.

Do you have grounded outlets in kitchen or somewhere else nearby? How far it is?

How do you get your internet? With coax? With wireless?

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 24 Sep 2023, 10:44

cybepine wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:41
minathor wrote:
I noticed something strange, that is that if i unplug the psu cable from power, and press turn on button from pc, it will turn lights for 1 or 2 seconds. That means that it has static right? I will leave few pictures about my connectors.
This is perfectly normal, it takes a while to discharge power supply. Not static.

Edit: Type L plug. Very rare type. Please show more close up picture of your outlet.
You seems have grounded outlets. Computers should be always plugged to grounded outlets.

White travel adapters are not for long-term use, only for temporary use. Move your monitor power supply away from your pc wire.

Do you have grounded outlets in kitchen or somewhere else nearby? How far it is?

He won't know if his sockets are grounded until he unscrews them. Switch off the breaker for this particular socket (or group of sockets), unscrew it and if you see 3 wires or 2 + bridge from N to grounding pin that means this socket probably has a ground. Probably because it is still not clear where the grounding wire ends. Call an electrician and ask for inspecting ground (ie. ground impedance) in your apartment or house.

amorou

Post by amorou » 25 Sep 2023, 05:53

cursed-gamer wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 10:44
cybepine wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:41
minathor wrote:

He won't know if his sockets are grounded until he unscrews them. Switch off the breaker for this particular socket (or group of sockets), unscrew it and if you see 3 wires or 2 + bridge from N to grounding pin that means this socket probably has a ground. Probably because it is still not clear where the grounding wire ends. Call an electrician and ask for inspecting ground (ie. ground impedance) in your apartment or house.
Just put tester screwdriver to pc cases metal point, gpu's metal or mobo guard , if there is no grounding it will lit