[For me at least] Possible Desync Fix

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ixa

Re: Possible Desync Fix

Post by ixa » 01 Oct 2023, 16:33

spkii wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 16:12
ixa wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 13:46
Derosa wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 10:05
Great Discover =) do you think if i put the lamp on top of the case and ground it too a piece / bar of metal (not in the ground) will work? obv ill purchase the adapter to remove ground to power strip where is connected my pc .. another questio lamp need to be connected to plug or not tx =)
There is a person who lives in 2nd floor appartment and doesnt have ground. he just put a metal lamp and for him it worked... weird.
So try just putting a metal lamp, and cancelling earth.
My house is not grounded, with a lamp metal on top of PC will work only? Thanks.
I made an edit in the post in relation to your question. Try to experiment!

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 02 Oct 2023, 09:17

01 Oct 2023, 13:49
cybepine wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 11:08
I would strongly advise against this advice.

It is never safe to cut the ground wire. If e.g. your GPU or power supply breaks down (short circuit or fault) you will highly likely get a lethal shock.

https://gopaschal.com/is-it-safe-to-cut ... und-prong/
Yes ! as I said, this goes against the norm. This is why I don't recommend breaking the 3rd ground prong. And just testing it with or without earth ground. My believe is that by cancelling the ground prong, you make the metal lamp absorbe more "energy" o EMI. And deriving it to ground.

I have electrical leakage, so if I touch my pc case i get an electrical shock.. haha, but is minimal. Also I dont have ground in my house due to this beeing and old one
Yes, you can test it with and without.
But you should not do this for long (without ground).

Do you have grounded outlets in kitchen or somewhere nearby? How far is it?

akylen

Post by akylen » 02 Oct 2023, 15:19

"I have electrical leakage, so if I touch my pc case i get an electrical shock.. haha, but is minimal. Also I dont have ground in my house due to this beeing and old one"

same

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

[For me at least] Possible Desync Fix

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Oct 2023, 07:00

30 Sep 2023, 22:44
From what I understand, this could be EMI in the air I can not understand how the lamp is acting as some form of antenna, as gengiskan said too.
For most EMI emitted by lamps, it's almost always the bulb and not the lamp itself -- many cheap CFL and LED bulbs have very EMI-ridden power supplies. Especially the ones with extremely poor power factor correction. Keep in mind some lamps and power supplies are built in together (e.g. integrated LED power supplies or fluorescent ballasts), so the lamp can indeed, of course, be EMI.

Now, the danger (minefield) is making assumptions that people run with -- and it creates new wild goose chases to red herrings.

Obviously, an ordinary lamp with an ordinary incandescent bulb, will generally not emit any interference of note that could interfere with a nearby modern computer.
It is never safe to cut the ground wire. If e.g. your GPU or power supply breaks down (short circuit or fault) you will highly likely get a lethal shock.
There definitely is danger involved, however, floating the ground is one known solution to solving interference-related problems -- but the problem is that it is a double edged sword. It can make things worse instead of better.

And, consider that some buildings' "ground" isn't even "ground" (given the poor state of electrical wiring in some buildings) -- and in that case, it ends up being not dangerous to float after all -- and may even improve things, given the unused ground wiring in an apartment tower (disconnected from Earth) may actually act as a large antenna creating new interferences.

It's almost always better to connect your ground, in reducing interference, but flawed grounds can actually indeed make inteference worse.

If you must float your ground, consider other options such as professional products like electrical isolators or offgridding (running AC off a battery).

Solutions like these are usually one-off "works for me, but likely does not work for you" type of outfits, so YMMV. Caveat emptor.

I have edited the thread to illustrate the general "unique solutions for unique problems", given trying to solve EMI problems is an infinite pie chart with infinite solutions -- and sharing solutions usually doesn't solve other peoples' EMI problems.

Disclaimer: Do not try at home. Try at own risk!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ixa

Re: [For me at least] Possible Desync Fix

Post by ixa » 04 Oct 2023, 11:44

Hi chief! thanks for your reply, I always admire your responses when I read them.
In this case the lamps are just "normal" lamps, they are connected with two cables, phase and neutral. And the bulb is a led one, so does in this case emit EMI? it does not have any power supply.
With the word antenna, I meant it as a receptor, catching emi and taking it to ground. Acting as some sorce of "shield". Is this possible?
I've tried grounding my pc, and it did not make a difference.
By removing ground from the pc, does the electrical leakage affect the emi being caught by the lamp acting as an antenna?
Or they are two different things, by one just being electrical leakage and maybe noise, and then EMI in the air as in the form of radiofrecuencies?

By adding a coaxial cable with the palstic cover removed, and leaving the metal shield exposed while also grounded. Doesn't this act as an antenna too? I can not figure out how I got amazing differences by just putting a metal lamp on top of the pc

And by this quote "Solutions like these are usually one-off "works for me, but likely does not work for you" type of outfits, so YMMV. Caveat emptor. " This is exactly what I thought... Because I've seen people trying faraday cages etc, and it worked for one and not the other. This could be the same thing. Opening the factor of the problem to a bigger scenario.

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
04 Oct 2023, 07:00
From what I understand, this could be EMI in the air I can not understand how the lamp is acting as some form of antenna, as gengiskan said too.
For most EMI emitted by lamps, it's almost always the bulb and not the lamp itself -- many cheap CFL and LED bulbs have very EMI-ridden power supplies. Especially the ones with extremely poor power factor correction. Keep in mind some lamps and power supplies are built in together (e.g. integrated LED power supplies or fluorescent ballasts), so the lamp can indeed, of course, be EMI.

Now, the danger (minefield) is making assumptions that people run with -- and it creates new wild goose chases to red herrings.

Obviously, an ordinary lamp with an ordinary incandescent bulb, will generally not emit any interference of note that could interfere with a nearby modern computer.
There definitely is danger involved, however, floating the ground is one known solution to solving interference-related problems -- but the problem is that it is a double edged sword. It can make things worse instead of better.

And, consider that some buildings' "ground" isn't even "ground" (given the poor state of electrical wiring in some buildings) -- and in that case, it ends up being not dangerous to float after all -- and may even improve things, given the unused ground wiring in an apartment tower (disconnected from Earth) may actually act as a large antenna creating new interferences.

It's almost always better to connect your ground, in reducing interference, but flawed grounds can actually indeed make inteference worse.

If you must float your ground, consider other options such as professional products like electrical isolators or offgridding (running AC off a battery).

Solutions like these are usually one-off "works for me, but likely does not work for you" type of outfits, so YMMV. Caveat emptor.

I have edited the thread to illustrate the general "unique solutions for unique problems", given trying to solve EMI problems is an infinite pie chart with infinite solutions -- and sharing solutions usually doesn't solve other peoples' EMI problems.

Disclaimer: Do not try at home. Try at own risk!

Derosa

Post by Derosa » 06 Oct 2023, 06:43

i didnt understand that well, putting lamp on top of the case, lamp metal need to touch the top of the case or need to be isolated , adapter to cancel ground of pc is necessary or not ?

Sari

Post by Sari » 16 Nov 2023, 18:24

3rd update: Here is how I have it set up https://imgur.com/a/ErnqGJU The plug to connected to the wall, the right one is the PC power strip, there isn't any adapter cancelling ground because the same earth cable shown in the video was for that specific wallmount plug. But I removed it and instead used it to ground both the lamps and the stripped down coaxial cable, which then are jointed to the earth cable. Also if you notice, at minute 0:22/21 there is a slight interference when I get close in the video record

2nd Update: I put a coaxial cable, which I stripped off the plastic cover, leaving the metal shield exposed. Made it a coil and grounded it, this improved alot. I also put a plastic bag separating the both metal lamps and the coaxial cable from the top of pc case.
Also we made a conclussion that the lamp doesnt have to be plugged in, and according to chat gpt, grounding can help reduce the emi.

I also wanted to share my chatgpt conversation about emi stuff to help understand this post.
https://chat.openai.com/share/e82c2a6d- ... 4e119db592
I asked a lot of question related to emi, please Ignore the first two questions haha.

A post edit: I do not have any knowledge if the metal lamp must have a ground connection. I do not know if it wont work with or without it. Also I don't know if it makes a difference with the metal lamp plugged in or not, I also do not know if cancelling the ground of your pc makes a difference too. I did just as gengiskan said, like I explained in the post.
I haven't got the knowledge to try figure out what's going on, so feel free to to experiment. One tool it can be used for testing what it could be is an spectrum analyzer. My friend believes the lamp acts as some form of antenna by keeping the external signals not getting in to the pc. And not having it grounded increments the effect. But what do we know... it could be anything.

Hi there! hope y'all doing great.

First of all, ALL CREDITS GO TO GENGISKAN, an argentinean guy who tried EVERYTHING to fix it. So he started to realize the problem had to from an external source. And same like me, he was struggling with this problem for years.
Here's his YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@adn23adn

Please keep in mind this is not intended for "heavy mouse feeling" or any input lag issues. Although it could possibly fix it (maybe yes maybe not). This goes to the desync in game, out of time with server, no reaction time, weird hitreg, etc.

The possible fix, that it also worked for me. The most strange of strangest fixes, but somehow with a bit of logic.
I will go straight to the point, As GENGISKAN said.
Just put a METAL nightstand lamp (Try it to be pure metal, not painted or anything.) over your PC CASE. This metal lamp must have an earth connection to it.
So, try to make joint on an earth cable from your wall plug or something and tack it down to the metal lamp. Also deny the earth connection from your PC by using an adapter.
For example, if you are using a power strip, try to get an adapter that cancels the earth connection.
And yes I know, this goes against the norm of eliminating EMI. Im confused too, you can try doing the same without cancelling the earth connection. And see if there is a difference.
Adapter example: https://imgur.com/a/uJrmz28

In my case, I have the monitor, router, and pc connected all to the same power strip, so all I did was to get an adapter that cancel the earth connection. Then with the ground cable, I have a copper bar buried in the backyard which I installed to give my house a ground connection, but failed to do it. So I used it as a ground connection for the metal lamp. By using the cable jointed to the copper bar jointing it with another earth cable and then tacking it to the metal lamp as shown in the image. The earth cable does not go to any electrical table or anything, from copper bar straight to metal lamp.

I do not know if the metal lamp has to be plugged in or not.
Here's an example https://imgur.com/a/BwRoiGW
The metal lamps do not have to be turned on. In case the light annoys you.

For me the difference was night and day... for example in BF4 Domination. I just couldn't play, I wasn't able to spawn, I wasnt able to run through the map that I was already getting shot after 2 seconds of spawned in. Bad hitreg, etc. But after putting in the lamp, i was able to win more 1v1 duels, hitreg was better, enemies dying faster, I feel more in sync with server, I dont feel behind everyone, etc.
Keep in mind difference may not come instantly, give it a time, like 1 match or 2. Then you will feel exactly if it fixed it.

Maybe the examples arent that great...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbrGMxSB50 when it was bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWCIIRmFO0 after putting the lamp

hey man, its been a while since i saw ur post, i wanted to give it a go, but im still a bit confused. however, i've been wanting to ask u, if it's still working till this day or it cameback after a period of time