2 words

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dervu

Re: 2 words

Post by dervu » 19 Oct 2023, 13:02

Remember that with this issue (electricity one - to be clear) severity can vary in time, so it is not so easy to get some assesment in short time and be really sure it has not changed when you check another device, which can result in bad comparisons. This is where measurements that correlate with what user sees would be really useful.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 20 Oct 2023, 01:11

loccomacco wrote:
19 Oct 2023, 12:49
internetexplorer4 wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 00:03
yeah I didn't understand everything you meant but just to make some things more clear
Ok, let me explain it in a more understandable way so that everyone understand where F1zus can explain and where can't.
First let's exclude what we won't consider:
1- there are reports which say power stations or solar panels, and in general going off-grid didn't solve their issues or didn't solve them completely.
2- what IE4 (short name for internetexplorer4, what's wrong with you? Why you chose such a long name? 😭) is talking about is a game called OSU, this game is so light, both on CPU load and GPU load, but I believe it doesn't matter for this special problems if the game is heavy or not, as long as we do lots of inputs (I mean we press lots of keys or we move the mouse in a fast way, I'm sure you guys saw at least once that if you move your mouse slowly, you don't have too much problems, but when you do it faster, things starts to happen, like floaty mouse or curser stops for a mili sec, in other words skips/jumps, or shifts upwards or downwards, mostly downwards when you move it left and right repeatedly, in general I wanna give it a better name, something that I saw somewhere and I thought what a perfect name for this mouse behavior, ladies and gentlemen introducing you to the 'Clown Mouse'.) Plus we know that these problems exists in windows too, because reports shows that when you want to draw a shape repeatedly in softwares like paint, it shifts to another location, for example your circle turns to spiral. Therefore I believe that it doesn't matter which game it is, heavy or light, problems exist.

Ok now that we exclude them, let's split it to smaller cases to understand it easier:
1- when we compare a laptop on battery with a laptop plugged to the power in other words on-grid laptop: IE4 haven't said anything about it, is it better on battery or not, but some people reported there is no difference between them ---> Here F1zus can explain it, he can say if they couldn't see a difference is because laptops have lots of things for lowering power consumption including in windows and in bios, which leads to limit it's full potential. In my experience, even if you tweak it, still you can not use it's full potential. This is why laptops are not a right tool to measure these problems.

2- when we compare a laptop on battery with an off-grid PC: No one compared them yet ---> In the absence of information, no one can say anything.

3- when we compare an on-grid laptop with an off-grid PC ---> same as 2.

4- when we compare an on-grid laptop with an on-grid PC: IE4 reported that playing with laptop where always better than playing with PC, no matter on battery or on-grid ---> This is where F1zus can not have an explanation for. In a normal condition, a laptop should not be able to perform better than a PC, but IE4 reported the opposite.

5- when we compare a laptop on battery with an on-grid PC: same as 4.

6- when we compare an on grid PC with an off-grid PC: IE4 haven't tried it yet, but like I said there are 2 opposite reports, but we said we wont consider negative reports ---> F1zus somehow tried it himself and reported positively, he have explaination for, and everyone knows what's that, It's off-grid, dirty electricity elimination right at where everything start (somehow it's like clearing the issue at the first place or escaping from it instead of solving it).

Ow key 🥵🥵 ooof it was hard, took me an hour but I'm glad that it's done 😅

I hope everyone understand.

Now there is a question which IE4 have: what's the difference between a loptop on battery and an off-grid PC? With answering this question we can convince IE4 to try off-grid PC and say to him with 😡 "don't say over and over that you tried going off-grid with laptop 🤬🤬" (sorry, I lost my control for a moment 😊)
Well F1zus answered that, but in my experience, no matter what you do with laptop, you may not see any difference with them on battery because of existence of controling power consumption features on laptops. But with what IE4 said about laptops being always better for him, that's another case and I actually explained it above (in case of not convinced 🤬🤬🤬 🤬)
Sorry for those emojis, I'm just joking to make the topic more fun and readable
I also tried offgrid pc and it was the same, I didn't try it for a long period of time too, it was about 30min I think, so idk if maybe it only gets better after a while or if it should be instantly better. but yeah, I was curious about solar energy in specific because I don't know if it has any different "property" or if its the same of both pc or laptop off grid, I honestly think its the same, but I was asking just to make sure

some people also had good results with off grid pc, but many of them said that it doesn't fix 100%, just make it better (same thing that happens with me playing on laptop, really curious)

what you said on "4" that's totally it, there's no explanation to laptop being way better than pcs, the only explanation that makes sense is that laptops are less affected by this issue for some reason (I have my theories about that)

and I can be sure of that not only because my performance in the games, but there's a very interesting thing that I may have not talked about at least in this topic that is

for me, and also for some people, this issue makes the mouse way more sensitive and without precision, right?

its like mouse accel is always turned on, and like dpi is way higher than its showing

so the more interference it has, the higher my dpi feels

and when I use laptops, its like my dpi is literally 100-200 less compared to pc, with exactly same settings etc etc, laptops always feels like 100-200 dpi less than pc, resulting on more precise aim, I can feel that instantly just moving the mouse on desktop.

its literally 200 dpi on pc = 400 dpi on laptop >>with same settings<<

so I think that our body may affect the electricity inside of the devices, maybe that's why laptops and pc on battery is better, because it has "less electricity" running through? I think that also because every gaming cafe I went, it was worse than my house, dpi felt even higher, so I suspect that its maybe because it was more "active electricity" there or more electronics. that's just a theory tho, I can't confirm it, only thing I can confirm is that in my specific case, its the body causing interference

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 20 Oct 2023, 04:16

internetexplorer4 wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 01:11

I also tried offgrid pc and it was the same, I didn't try it for a long period of time too, it was about 30min I think, so idk if maybe it only gets better after a while or if it should be instantly better. but yeah, I was curious about solar energy in specific because I don't know if it has any different "property" or if its the same of both pc or laptop off grid, I honestly think its the same, but I was asking just to make sure

some people also had good results with off grid pc, but many of them said that it doesn't fix 100%, just make it better (same thing that happens with me playing on laptop, really curious)

what you said on "4" that's totally it, there's no explanation to laptop being way better than pcs, the only explanation that makes sense is that laptops are less affected by this issue for some reason (I have my theories about that)

and I can be sure of that not only because my performance in the games, but there's a very interesting thing that I may have not talked about at least in this topic that is

for me, and also for some people, this issue makes the mouse way more sensitive and without precision, right?

its like mouse accel is always turned on, and like dpi is way higher than its showing

so the more interference it has, the higher my dpi feels

and when I use laptops, its like my dpi is literally 100-200 less compared to pc, with exactly same settings etc etc, laptops always feels like 100-200 dpi less than pc, resulting on more precise aim, I can feel that instantly just moving the mouse on desktop.

its literally 200 dpi on pc = 400 dpi on laptop >>with same settings<<

so I think that our body may affect the electricity inside of the devices, maybe that's why laptops and pc on battery is better, because it has "less electricity" running through? I think that also because every gaming cafe I went, it was worse than my house, dpi felt even higher, so I suspect that its maybe because it was more "active electricity" there or more electronics. that's just a theory tho, I can't confirm it, only thing I can confirm is that in my specific case, its the body causing interference
Let me postpone replying to your post this time, for two reasons:
1- This one takes even more time to reply, because I have to create a glass and give it you to put it on your eyes to see through it, to show you some of my theories (hypothesis actually).
2- Let's wait a bit to see what's others opinion.
3- (I know I said 2, but there is a third reason, any problems? ... no one? ... good) maybe others opinions help me to take less effort or less things to explain

texre

Post by texre » 22 Oct 2023, 00:57

This will most likely be my last post here.. I have 100% fixed my problem some how by getting a air purifier, I’m not gonna suggest buying one because everybody problem is different I live in a very dusty place so that can be my only logical reason as why it helped. But my game has never felt this good since I’ve moved here 4 years ago even with solor gen nothing has came close. the clarity I have on my monitor is crystal clean my mouse movement my hit detection everything every game every day a

delve

Post by delve » 22 Oct 2023, 06:12

opening the window should have same effect, unless some smart dust is coming into your house from outside.

Derosa

Post by Derosa » 22 Oct 2023, 14:33

texre wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 00:57
This will most likely be my last post here.. I have 100% fixed my problem some how by getting a air purifier, I’m not gonna suggest buying one because everybody problem is different I live in a very dusty place so that can be my only logical reason as why it helped. But my game has never felt this good since I’ve moved here 4 years ago even with solor gen nothing has came close. the clarity I have on my monitor is crystal clean my mouse movement my hit detection everything every game every day a
Do u have the smart (with alexa and bla bla ) or the normal one

emgee

Post by emgee » 23 Oct 2023, 03:56

Hey could you please let us know the exact model of air purifier you used? I'm willing to throw $150 in the toilet even for a small chance to fix this lol

MIETAS

Post by MIETAS » 23 Oct 2023, 13:27

texre wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 00:57
Aren't you the guy that has fixed his "input lag" before?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11847&p=92562#p92562

see you soon 8-)

Derosa

Post by Derosa » 23 Oct 2023, 15:06

emgee wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 03:56
Hey could you please let us know the exact model of air purifier you used? I'm willing to throw $150 in the toilet even for a small chance to fix this lol
If it help , i bought the one at 100 euros levoit on amazon , whitout alexa and it dont make differences

texre

Post by texre » 24 Oct 2023, 21:56

Once again I’m not suggesting anyone to buy this or anything I’m just here to to you my findings.. Ik this time is different because my tv and my phone clarity is better too. I have the regular levoit Alexa Leviot. If this actually helps anybody else I will be surprised but please let me know if this has helped anybody else lie it’s helped me. I’m very consistent player now