Logical Problem Solving Way

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
velorias

Logical Problem Solving Way

Post by velorias » 15 Oct 2023, 21:12

Hi! I have the issue with this lag for a few years. Also, I did read this forum sometimes and watched YT related to this. And in general, I would say, all of the info is kind of "subjective" and non-representative.
So, by making this thread, I would want to start the different way. It is longer, sometimes harder, but has much more potential, imao.
For me, solving this issue is looking like this steps:
1) Determine the problem that can be confirmed or measured by others. (Symptom, if you want).
2) Find the PC part which is affected by the series of experiments.
3) Propose a reason (source) for that.
4) Confirm or decline that reason by experiments.
And I will start with one experiment I did. I did it for fast and probably, will make it more representative in the future, but it's not a bad start. This experiment is step 1 and maybe, comes close to step 2.
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
- Monitor: HP Omen X27
- Mouse: Razer Viper v2 Pro (with high polling dongle)
So, during moving my mouse, I have noticed some freezes in it's movements. I tried to make a slow mo video on my phone and there were some noticeable jitters. But I decided not to just make my "subjective" mouse movements, but to find a way to move it precisely. Fortunately, I had an Arduino Micro by my side. I have used it to move mouse left and right for the same distance. And this is what I received (read video description for sure):
https://youtu.be/1lI0IclK0Mc?si=Q9G1jwaBcY8-LRbD
Next steps to do:
- Try it for yourself if you have this issue - it should be visible even with just moving the mouse in rounds.
- If someone has Arduino or other microcontroller with usb HID, try this by yourself.
- I will give the arduino sketch code a little later - writing from phone now.
Please, don't write any messages here except for your experiment results, or new "step cycle" suggestions. But definitely let know if you have confirmed or declined something. Also, please, give it your time and make a photo/video of your results.
Any reasonable suggestions about methodology are also welcome.

loccomacco

Re: Logical Problem Solving Way

Post by loccomacco » 16 Oct 2023, 08:03

velorias wrote: ↑
15 Oct 2023, 21:12
Hi! I have the issue with this lag for a few years. Also, I did read this forum sometimes and watched YT related to this. And in general, I would say, all of the info is kind of "subjective" and non-representative.
So, by making this thread, I would want to start the different way. It is longer, sometimes harder, but has much more potential, imao.
1) Determine the problem that can be confirmed or measured by others. (Symptom, if you want).
And I will start with one experiment I did. I did it for fast and probably, will make it more representative in the future, but it's not a bad start. This experiment is step 1 and maybe, comes close to step 2.
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
So, during moving my mouse, I have noticed some freezes in it's movements. I tried to make a slow mo video on my phone and there were some noticeable jitters. But I decided not to just make my "subjective" mouse movements, but to find a way to move it precisely. Fortunately, I had an Arduino Micro by my side. I have used it to move mouse left and right for the same distance. And this is what I received (read video description for sure):
Next steps to do:
- Try it for yourself if you have this issue - it should be visible even with just moving the mouse in rounds.
- If someone has Arduino or other microcontroller with usb HID, try this by yourself.
Please, don't write any messages here except for your experiment results, or new "step cycle" suggestions. But definitely let know if you have confirmed or declined something. Also, please, give it your time and make a photo/video of your results.
Like you said, it might be OBS, did you ever tried without OBS? With your phone?

And I have a suggestion, your Arduino kit can actually solve a piece of the puzzle here, so please test it out.
Recently people claimed that it is our body causing everything and it interfere with our pc somehow, resulting these wierd symptoms, can you test it with your kit to prove or disprove it? I'm sure you can find the best way to do it with your logical brain. Something like let your kit move the mouse for like an hour or so, while recording it with phone (you can do it with OBS too to see if things change or not) and ask everyone in your home to leave the house (for a precise result), then come back and sit down in front of your PC, let it keep record for about an hour again, then watch if there is any difference. I'm saying an hour because people says it takes time to take effect, you do it for an hour for a better results. Thanks.

Actually I have more pain for you, someone said an air purifier helped him, if you can afford an air purifier (better to be the same model), do the same test with it, thanks. People actually needed someone come with some experience with these types of things, here you came, please help us, please help us, please please please πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

amorou

Post by amorou » 16 Oct 2023, 09:41

loccomacco wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 08:03
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:
Like you said, it might be OBS, did you ever tried without OBS? With your phone?

And I have a suggestion, your Arduino kit can actually solve a piece of the puzzle here, so please test it out.
Recently people claimed that it is our body causing everything and it interfere with our pc somehow, resulting these wierd symptoms, can you test it with your kit to prove or disprove it? I'm sure you can find the best way to do it with your logical brain. Something like let your kit move the mouse for like an hour or so, while recording it with phone (you can do it with OBS too to see if things change or not) and ask everyone in your home to leave the house (for a precise result), then come back and sit down in front of your PC, let it keep record for about an hour again, then watch if there is any difference. I'm saying an hour because people says it takes time to take effect, you do it for an hour for a better results. Thanks.

Actually I have more pain for you, someone said an air purifier helped him, if you can afford an air purifier (better to be the same model), do the same test with it, thanks. People actually needed someone come with some experience with these types of things, here you came, please help us, please help us, please please please πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ˜žπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
Issue effects monitor fludity and you can observe the monitor from far away , I wrote that in "that post" and OP disregard, if one cant distungish visual degradation then he/she is not eligible to he/she has issue in the first place, and yes even with most expensive monitor you will notice visual degradation

Im beggining to belive some poeple in here ve never been analytical in their life (not refering you)

velorias

Post by velorias » 16 Oct 2023, 11:12

First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:

First of all, the video on YT is made from phone. The issue may be seen there. Second, no point to upload a video from OBS, because there are no issues there.
I am going to make 2 more experiments:
1) To find out if the body causes this. Will start from something simple. Will make arduino to move the mouse, will fix the phone, start the recording and go away in fixed amount of seconds (timing will be pointed under the video) and let it record till the end. If no results here, then I will make a remote access to the phone, go away for an hour and will start recording from remote.
2) To try making photos on the phone with different fixed time-per-photo (forgot the word to call this). This will allow to see different ticks of the pointer on the photo. Plus, we can then measure the difference between normal and freezed ticks. Helpful in case we all have different amount of lag.
Please, try to make it by yourself and post results here:
- photo
- params of the monitor
- photo params, like iso, etc.
I am going to do this, but not sure when. Have no possibility today, but definitely will do it these days.

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 16 Oct 2023, 13:46

16 Oct 2023, 11:12
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:

First of all, the video on YT is made from phone. The issue may be seen there. Second, no point to upload a video from OBS, because there are no issues there.
1) To find out if the body causes this. Will start from something simple. Will make arduino to move the mouse, will fix the phone, start the recording and go away in fixed amount of seconds (timing will be pointed under the video) and let it record till the end. If no results here, then I will make a remote access to the phone, go away for an hour and will start recording from remote.
2) To try making photos on the phone with different fixed time-per-photo (forgot the word to call this). This will allow to see different ticks of the pointer on the photo. Plus, we can then measure the difference between normal and freezed ticks. Helpful in case we all have different amount of lag.
- photo
- params of the monitor
I am going to do this, but not sure when. Have no possibility today, but definitely will do it these days.
Thanks for doing this, this will be a great test to prove if body can cause this or not, anyways I suffer from this from a long time ago, like a lot of years and I've tried moving, changing pc, changing peripherals monitors etc, but for me is just input lag, bad hit regist, and mouse doesnt feel perfect always, but I never had that micro stutters like you with my mouse, when I move it it looks smooth in the screen but I have delay, is legit my monitor showing what I do with mouse or keyboard delayed, for you that have micro stutters while moving the mouse is easy to see if it gets fixed or not when you go away, but for ppl like me and others that have this but we dont have that stutters how are we supposed to measure the issue ? anyways gl and keep us update please ((:

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 16 Oct 2023, 14:52

First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:

- photo
- params of the monitor
I'm sorry, I have the problem but I don't have that specific symptom of micro stuttering like you showed, I'm also looking for a good test that everyone can see clearly the problem without having to play anything, but its hard

the closest I got to it was with this website right here

https://osu-speed.simo.sh/

it measures how many clicks/key presses you did in a specific time (you can edit the time) and it converts into bpm which is the measurement we use in osu, so it has a math behind it, for example if you click 10 times in 1 second, the result HAS to be 150bpm, 20 clicks has to be 300bpm etc. so if you are sure you are clicking X times in like 1, 2 seconds, and it's not showing the correct bpm, with that we can clearly see the keyboard delay, that many people have with this problem, including me (I have huge keyboard delay)

I did 2 videos here that can prove that keyboard delay is real (I'm the person who confirmed that the interference comes from my body)

as I always said laptops are less affected by this problem (at least in my case), because all the laptops I have tried so far were way better than pc and it doesn't matter the specs, it can be a pretty simple laptop that will be better than any pc, mouse is better, image is better, keyboard is better, everything, I tried like 6-7 different laptops and about 15 different pcs

so the way I found to "prove" this thing in a way that everyone can see it clearly, was doing this:

I edit the time to 0.1 seconds, and by doing that, every click you do, it will rise the bpm by like 100-150
so we can actually know exactly how many keys that were registered seeing the bpm in the result of the test

so first I recorded the test on the pc, at the start of the video I clicked only 2 times on purpose to show that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 bpm

so anything above that it will rise the bpm to above 312bpm, in that case, 400bpm

then I started trying to do 3 clicks in that time (0.1 sec) everytime I could get it, the result would be 400bpm+
and everytime I didn't get it, and registered only 2 clicks, the result would be 309/312 bpm
you can see that I tried many times, like 30 or more, and I was only able to register 3 clicks a few times like 4 or 5 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdwB_t ... annel=snow

after that, I recorded doing the same test on the laptop, with the same keyboard

same thing, 0.1 sec and at the start of the video I was clicking 2 times again only to show that 2 clicks on laptop = 265bpm (yeah for some reason it changes from pc to pc but that doesn't matter, the result is the same and you will see why)

so as we know 265bpm is 2 clicks in 0.1 sec on laptop, anything above 2 clicks will be above 265bpm, so everytime I can register 3 clicks it would be around 400bpm too, 500bpm is 4 clicks

now look how much times I could register more than 2 clicks on laptop, on pc it was almost impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vK4tiD ... annel=snow

I could get it only feel times on pc and almost everytime on laptop, with the same keyboard and you can see I'm clicking on same speed too, you can even put the video in slow

that only happens because laptops are less affected by this problem, so that results on less delay in the keyboard. so any "normal" people without this interference will get same results on both, only people like me can get way better results on laptop

and no, I didn't came to the conclusion that the interference comes from my body by only doing that, I'm since 2017 doing many tests to get there, and this one was just an extra thing I decided to do because I found it to obvious to people don't believe after seeing those videos

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 16 Oct 2023, 15:02

- photo
- params of the monitor
Oh, sorry my bad, I thought you recorded it with OBS on some fps but with 240 fps, you had no issues, ok I see I see.
Thank you for giving your time, but
With the tick do you mean frame?
Now that you said it's recorded by your phone, I think that behavior is because your phone records with lower frames per second than your monitor, do you see same behavior when you watch your monitor? If no, I think it is because of lower fps while recording with your phone.
Btw the test for body may still show something, so do it whenever you can, thank you, we're waiting.

About doing it by ourselves, just for letting you know, people are not too much expert in anyway here unlike what the Chief Blur Buster wants, including myself, I just try to use my brain, apart from that, I'm nothing, I don't have any experience with Arduino or raspberry pi (I'm sure it's not hard to learn btw) so you're alone with your test I think. Thank you anyways

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 16 Oct 2023, 15:42

internetexplorer4 wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 14:52
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:

- photo
- params of the monitor
I'm sorry, I have the problem but I don't have that specific symptom of micro stuttering like you showed, I'm also looking for a good test that everyone can see clearly the problem without having to play anything, but its hard

it measures how many clicks/key presses you did in a specific time (you can edit the time) and it converts into bpm which is the measurement we use in osu, so it has a math behind it, for example if you click 10 times in 1 second, the result HAS to be 150bpm, 20 clicks has to be 300bpm etc. so if you are sure you are clicking X times in like 1, 2 seconds, and it's not showing the correct bpm, with that we can clearly see the keyboard delay, that many people have with this problem, including me (I have huge keyboard delay)

I did 2 videos here that can prove that keyboard delay is real (I'm the person who confirmed that the interference comes from my body)

as I always said laptops are less affected by this problem (at least in my case), because all the laptops I have tried so far were way better than pc and it doesn't matter the specs, it can be a pretty simple laptop that will be better than any pc, mouse is better, image is better, keyboard is better, everything, I tried like 6-7 different laptops and about 15 different pcs

so the way I found to "prove" this thing in a way that everyone can see it clearly, was doing this:

I edit the time to 0.1 seconds, and by doing that, every click you do, it will rise the bpm by like 100-150
so we can actually know exactly how many keys that were registered seeing the bpm in the result of the test

so first I recorded the test on the pc, at the start of the video I clicked only 2 times on purpose to show that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 bpm

so anything above that it will rise the bpm to above 312bpm, in that case, 400bpm

then I started trying to do 3 clicks in that time (0.1 sec) everytime I could get it, the result would be 400bpm+
and everytime I didn't get it, and registered only 2 clicks, the result would be 309/312 bpm
you can see that I tried many times, like 30 or more, and I was only able to register 3 clicks a few times like 4 or 5 times

after that, I recorded doing the same test on the laptop, with the same keyboard

same thing, 0.1 sec and at the start of the video I was clicking 2 times again only to show that 2 clicks on laptop = 265bpm (yeah for some reason it changes from pc to pc but that doesn't matter, the result is the same and you will see why)

so as we know 265bpm is 2 clicks in 0.1 sec on laptop, anything above 2 clicks will be above 265bpm, so everytime I can register 3 clicks it would be around 400bpm too, 500bpm is 4 clicks

now look how much times I could register more than 2 clicks on laptop, on pc it was almost impossible

I could get it only feel times on pc and almost everytime on laptop, with the same keyboard and you can see I'm clicking on same speed too, you can even put the video in slow

that only happens because laptops are less affected by this problem, so that results on less delay in the keyboard. so any "normal" people without this interference will get same results on both, only people like me can get way better results on laptop

and no, I didn't came to the conclusion that the interference comes from my body by only doing that, I'm since 2017 doing many tests to get there, and this one was just an extra thing I decided to do because I found it to obvious to people don't believe after seeing those videos
Your test doesn't show anything related to body (I don't say you're other tests if there is any, shows something btw, I don't even know what other tests you've done) but it can prove the difference between laptop and PC.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 16 Oct 2023, 15:51

amorou wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 09:41
First of all, my setup:
- i7 11700kf
- 16GB 3600mhz cl 16
- Samsung NVME SSD
- RX 6800XT
Next steps to do:

Issue effects monitor fludity and you can observe the monitor from far away , I wrote that in "that post" and OP disregard, if one cant distungish visual degradation then he/she is not eligible to he/she has issue in the first place, and yes even with most expensive monitor you will notice visual degradation

Im beggining to belive some poeple in here ve never been analytical in their life (not refering you)
Yeah, I know I'm just trying to help myself and others to find the truth. Things here may create some explainations in my mind according to my previous knowledge, then I may react, but it's just a reaction, I don't mean a confirmation

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 16 Oct 2023, 15:57

16 Oct 2023, 15:42
internetexplorer4 wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 14:52

- photo
- params of the monitor

Your test doesn't show anything related to body (I don't say you're other tests if there is any, shows something btw, I don't even know what other tests you've done) but it can prove the difference between laptop and PC.
yeah it only shows that its true when I say that all laptops are less affected, because some people don't believe, they think its just luck or placebo, or even that I don't have lag and I'm schizo... that difference between laptop and pc should not exist, it only exists because of this problem.

also I can easily prove that is the body but I would need someone who doesn't have any of these problems to go in a gaming cafe with me just to record, and I don't have any friend here who doesn't have it. so I would have to find a stranger who would accept that (I did that 2 times but I didn't record for obvious reasons)