my findings about "THE PROBLEM"

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
[email protected]

my findings about "THE PROBLEM"

Post by [email protected] » 20 Oct 2023, 17:17

I have the same problems that almost everyone has.
-floating, inconsistent mouse
-desync to server
-extreme prefire, peekers advantage doesn't exist for me
-hitreg
-as if the monitor is not 240 Hz

My attempts without success:

- 4 pieces of green filters
- several harmonic filters
- Ferrite cores
- Audiophile linear power supply on the monitor so that the monitor works with a clean voltage.
- Audiophile linear power supply on the router so that the router works with a clean voltage.
- Isolation transformers on the PC so that the PC is decoupled from any interference from the power grid

From a purely technical perspective, the problem shouldn't be power grid related.

What changes/improves the problem for me?
Unplug your PC and monitor completely from the socket for a few days.
The first game is great, but then the problems come back over time.
Like it's some kind of static that builds up over time and can't go away.

Furthermore, I suspect that the northern European part is not affected by the problem.
Colleagues in the Flensburg area (north Germany) don’t have this problem. Scandinavians apparently don't either.

theories:
--> the less industry, the better? But why has the problem existed for me since around 2012 and not always?
--> Photovoltaic systems cause the problem? (less sun in nordic states -> less photovoltaic systems)

The only way to disprove this is to take your hardware, go to Finland and test it...

ultra

Re: my findings about "THE PROBLEM"

Post by ultra » 20 Oct 2023, 18:26

nice finding , indeed if a brand whole new high quality PC with High end peices ( Z790 ace , AX1600 Titanium and high end rams ) with online double conversion UPS which change nothing it got to be related to weird interference.

i live in algeria ( north africa ) the only thing that has effect on desync/monitor responsiveness is the telephonic cable ( 5/1 ) for ADSL in my other room the thing is Im not connected to the internet and yet playing with cable has direct effect to my other room it blow my mind. also playing with DP and monitor power cable change mouse each time.....

one guy who knows about EMI etc.. told me the coax cables near / closer to your house do interfere with monitor and here in my country tons of near by they use Sateillite dish with LNB switch's im sure there is a correlation between coax cables and the telephonic cable coming from the box for internet , they affect ur system even on offline , heck even on desktop/windows surfing mouse look like moving on ice uncontrollable 0 precesion.

amorou

Post by amorou » 20 Oct 2023, 19:37

You can climb to global elite with 0 aim , 30 fps , with the issue , it takes only gamesense

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 21 Oct 2023, 00:06

Nothings quite like the first round of the first game of the night. And then it’s all downhill from there

dervu

Post by dervu » 21 Oct 2023, 02:32

amorou wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 19:37
You can climb to global elite with 0 aim , 30 fps , with the issue , it takes only gamesense
Not everyone will be so patient to develop that gamesense when every silver has advantage over you and you get tilted right away. It also depends if your case is really severe or not.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 23 Oct 2023, 17:11

Are some people from scandinavia here and have this problems?

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 25 Oct 2023, 06:37

ultra wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 18:26
nice finding , indeed if a brand whole new high quality PC with High end peices ( Z790 ace , AX1600 Titanium and high end rams ) with online double conversion UPS which change nothing it got to be related to weird interference.

i live in algeria ( north africa ) the only thing that has effect on desync/monitor responsiveness is the telephonic cable ( 5/1 ) for ADSL in my other room the thing is Im not connected to the internet and yet playing with cable has direct effect to my other room it blow my mind. also playing with DP and monitor power cable change mouse each time.....

one guy who knows about EMI etc.. told me the coax cables near / closer to your house do interfere with monitor and here in my country tons of near by they use Sateillite dish with LNB switch's im sure there is a correlation between coax cables and the telephonic cable coming from the box for internet , they affect ur system even on offline , heck even on desktop/windows surfing mouse look like moving on ice uncontrollable 0 precesion.
This advice is intended mostly for cable television or cable internet users. Not for aerial TV.

Coaxial cables should not be finger-tightened. Use wrench to tighten them. You will need to tighten all the coax cables (TV...)
No 90 degree angles, use 90 degree adapter if needed.

Do not use splitters, they will deteriorate the signal. If need to cut coax cable, use special tool. Do not cut coax cable with knife or wire strippers.

Also if you really need to check coaxial cables. You can call an electrician or cable provider/service? to check them. E.g. that they don't run close to the electrical wiring. Another option is to call local HAM radio operators, they have equipment to check if there is any RF leakage from coax cables.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/tip ... le-wiring/

Also there should not be any current on coax cable lines. You can use gauss meter or clamp amp. Clamp amp that is able to measuring down to 0.1 milliamps.

How to Stop Electrical Current on Cable TV Lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjLn8GEVciM
Attachments
Just example. I have aerial TV. No current
Magcable2.png (344.11 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
Magcable1.jpg (82.91 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
Notlikethis.png
Notlikethis.png (101.03 KiB) Viewed 4158 times

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 31 Oct 2023, 17:46

Just to say I have the exact problems and have noticed same thigns that make it better. Atleast good to know others who have the exact same issues.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 09 Nov 2023, 11:14

cybepine wrote:
25 Oct 2023, 06:37
ultra wrote:

This advice is intended mostly for cable television or cable internet users. Not for aerial TV.

Coaxial cables should not be finger-tightened. Use wrench to tighten them. You will need to tighten all the coax cables (TV...)

Do not use splitters, they will deteriorate the signal. If need to cut coax cable, use special tool. Do not cut coax cable with knife or wire strippers.

Also if you really need to check coaxial cables. You can call an electrician or cable provider/service? to check them. E.g. that they don't run close to the electrical wiring. Another option is to call local HAM radio operators, they have equipment to check if there is any RF leakage from coax cables.

Also there should not be any current on coax cable lines. You can use gauss meter or clamp amp. Clamp amp that is able to measuring down to 0.1 milliamps.

Can these cables work like antennaes which are picking up any EMF around them? Especially when they're close to neutral/ground other wires? Genuinely asking bc that might be the case

amorou

Post by amorou » 09 Nov 2023, 18:29

Cyanide_ wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 11:14
cybepine wrote:
25 Oct 2023, 06:37
ultra wrote:

Can these cables work like antennaes which are picking up any EMF around them? Especially when they're close to neutral/ground other wires? Genuinely asking bc that might be the case
They can/will , also live/neutral can pickup from them too , if you can , do try to seperate them
In building im living lots of cable tv caoxs in the enterance run parallel with main power cables for 3-4 meters , I cant move them yet , Im trying.
Got some hope on that one , since issue in here is a lot harsh than any other place I been