Electricity Input Delay on both console and pc

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Jurr

Electricity Input Delay on both console and pc

Post by Jurr » 16 Nov 2023, 16:05

Firstly going to start this out with im a 29x apex predator in Apex Legends and have over 8000 hours in the game and have a 7kd. Now, how the input delay all started. On xbox, I noticed that i was shooting people first, and losing fights, my bullets felt like they were way behind and didnt register right away. I was dying to horrible players when I knew I had the upper hand in the fight, but still felt like my bullets were so freaking delayed and their bullets somehow hit me first and caused me to die. With over 8000 hours of playing I knew something was wrong, the game felt different, movement felt extremely delayed also, it wasnt just shooting people that was delayed. My aim also didnt feel snappy like it always has before, it felt like it was so heavy, I couldnt jiggle peak all of a sudden like i always have... I ended up buying a PC because I thought, oh maybe theres just something wrong with my Xbox so if I try playing the game on PC I wont have any issues anymore. WRONG. I could feel it immediately, heavy aim feeling, I couldn't snap onto people because it felt extremely sluggish, and movement was delayed, same symptoms as I had back on Xbox.

Things i've tried were UPS, Greenland (i think thats the brand name) EMF plugs for possible dirty electricity, new controller, new HDMI cables, new power cables, and lastly wrapping HDMI cables in aluminum foil. Nothing worked.

So I ended up moving houses with the same peripherals, and my Xbox / PC. Had the same exact problem, moved to an apartment with the same peripherals and same Xbox / PC. Had the same exact problem. Im currently in the apartment I mentioned now, and wondering if I should buy new everything. So sell the Xbox / PC, and buy new ones and also new peripherals like hdmi cords, controller, power cables. Im just afraid the apartment is infected somehow from my previous equipment, but has anybody had success in doing this?

spkii

Re: Electricity Input Delay on both console and pc

Post by spkii » 16 Nov 2023, 18:53

I have same sinthoms than you, I moved to another house, with different PS5 and Computer and same problem (input lag). Im thinking now that only thing its the same its my ISP...

Jurr

Post by Jurr » 16 Nov 2023, 18:57

I've changed ISP from spectrum to 2 other ISP's and that didnt work either. When you got a new ps5 did you use it at the old house or waited until you got to your new house to use it?

spkii

Post by spkii » 17 Nov 2023, 06:46

Jurr wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 18:57
I've changed ISP from spectrum to 2 other ISP's and that didnt work either. When you got a new ps5 did you use it at the old house or waited until you got to your new house to use it?
I bought NEW computer and NEW PS5 at a NEW house. same problem (only slightly better...). At nights works better than mornings. Didnt tried at older house.

BTW the only reason PC and Console has same problem should be ISP or Electricity...Not Hardware and Software components.

Jurr

Post by Jurr » 17 Nov 2023, 07:34

Did you ever use any of your old components in the new house such as - new monitor? new peripherals such as HDMI cords, controllers, mouse+keyboard, power cables? Was absolutely everything brand new when you started using it at the new house? Also i've tried different ISP's like I said. The issue first started on AT&T fiber optic internet, so I switched to spectrum and had the same issue, so ISP is not the cause for anybody imo, it just wouldnt make sense because then it'll be affecting everybody with that specific ISP globally. I saw somebody in this forum that said they bought a brand new pc and new peripherals and moved houses and it fixed the issue for them. I dont see why this isnt working for more people other than him, what is the cause?

spkii

Post by spkii » 17 Nov 2023, 11:10

Jurr wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 07:34
Did you ever use any of your old components in the new house such as - new monitor? new peripherals such as HDMI cords, controllers, mouse+keyboard, power cables? Was absolutely everything brand new when you started using it at the new house? Also i've tried different ISP's like I said. The issue first started on AT&T fiber optic internet, so I switched to spectrum and had the same issue, so ISP is not the cause for anybody imo, it just wouldnt make sense because then it'll be affecting everybody with that specific ISP globally. I saw somebody in this forum that said they bought a brand new pc and new peripherals and moved houses and it fixed the issue for them. I dont see why this isnt working for more people other than him, what is the cause?

ALL new, (Cords, Peripherals, etc...). The thing that noticed is that when i moved my router to some other position... Not instantly but 1 hour after i feel different mouse and keyboard feeling (with no input lag).

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 19 Nov 2023, 22:25

You have same problems as me. Has had it for few years now. Same problems on PC and and consoles. Tried so many things nothing has fixed.

Now when did it start for you? Gotta be recent since you were apex pred many times before. With these issues, playing at high level is impossible and you would be lucky to have 1 kd now comapred to before. Can you think of anything that may have cuased this issue or you may have noticed when these problems started for you?

Jurr

Post by Jurr » 20 Nov 2023, 16:14

It started around august / september of 2022. I moved into the house which was 2021 of March everything was perfect and had no issues. Did you try moving into a new place with new peripherals and new console+pc?

Jurr

Post by Jurr » 20 Nov 2023, 23:58

spkii wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 11:10
Jurr wrote:

ALL new, (Cords, Peripherals, etc...). The thing that noticed is that when i moved my router to some other position... Not instantly but 1 hour after i feel different mouse and keyboard feeling (with no input lag).
Also wanna add to this that I tried playing on a hotspot and still had the same symptoms. So it can't possibly be ISP. I read something earlier that said they fixed their input delay by moving the smart/electric meter away from their house because the meter sound interferes with the electrical wiring in the house. But if you're in an apartment like I am, that idea is useless to me but if you're in a house maybe call the power company and have them move it to in front of your yard or something. It sounds promising id give it a try

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 21 Nov 2023, 04:36

Jurr wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 23:58
spkii wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 11:10
Jurr wrote:

Also wanna add to this that I tried playing on a hotspot and still had the same symptoms. So it can't possibly be ISP. I read something earlier that said they fixed their input delay by moving the smart/electric meter away from their house because the meter sound interferes with the electrical wiring in the house. But if you're in an apartment like I am, that idea is useless to me but if you're in a house maybe call the power company and have them move it to in front of your yard or something. It sounds promising id give it a try
don't waste your time doing that things, just try to play in another place on another pc to confirm there's nothing wrong with your house. I know many people that already tried many places and many different pcs and still have the same thing. the percentage of people who had success on moving or changing pc are really low. I think like 90% or more of people with this issue, didn't get a fix by changing pc or trying another place