My experience playing without weird lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nate03

My experience playing without weird lag

Post by nate03 » 25 Dec 2023, 07:37

Hello,

To start, I've been experiencing lag-related issues for several years. These include a weird/heavy mouse feel, delayed game responses, and an overall sluggishness, though not to the extent of heavy stutters rendering gameplay unplayable like other users have posted before. Even in games like FIFA, where I typically just play career mode and face AI opponents, the experience becomes significantly unsatisfying due to the game feeling unbelievably sluggish and slow at times. It's worth noting that, contrary to what some users in this forum report about games feeling more responsive at night, I cant say the same for myself. However, there are days when the issue seems more pronounced than others.

Now, onto a lag-free experience: During a recent stay at my friend's place, I had the opportunity to play 2-3 games on his computer. I noticed a conceivable amount of input lag even on his machine(or what I would describe as such), even more pronounced than what I experience on my own PC. However, the key distinction lies in the fact that it felt better on his system regardless—there was a more consistent mouse movement, and everything on the screen made sense, so to speak. It's difficult to explain, but on my PC, it feels as if the input from my mouse has to undergo an additional step before the inputs are appearing on the monitor, akin to a third program processing and "converting" it. It's almost like running your operating system on a virtual machine if that makes sense. Despite my friend's PC being slightly worse, the gameplay felt closer to the intended experience, making it much more enjoyable. However, this difference remains subtle. While I think it's still possible to play at a high level despite these issues, the overall enjoyment seems to suffer under that I imagine.

In conclusion, these are just my observations. Apologies for the lengthy rant.Please feel free to ask any questions.

Nate

Vocaleyes

Re: My experience playing without weird lag

Post by Vocaleyes » 27 Dec 2023, 22:10

I can attest to this personally also.

Several years ago (BF4 release date) when my inputs were working as they should, I went to a mates house a few roads down from me to test out his setup and shiny new 1080ti. Which his game visually looked better than mine did as I was on a 660 I believe, his input was inconsistent compared to mine. Which was also observed by him.

It’s still unclear to me what the reason for this was, aside from hardware obviously.