Fix for heavy mouse

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Asesino34

Fix for heavy mouse

Post by Asesino34 » 31 Dec 2023, 20:29

Hello everyone, I've been frequenting this place for several years now. I always test what I see, and given the circumstance, I'm going to contribute my knowledge.

There are many discussions and videos about the mouse feeling "heavy" and having constant acceleration despite disabling everything related to it. The solution doesn't lie in hardware or software but rather in your router or routers, as it's the signal or energy they emit that interferes with your PC or peripherals. This affects all your games (unfortunately, it's not closely linked to desynchronization for bad news).

Check that your routers are at least 15 meters or more away from your PC. If the router is within a radius of about 2 meters, you'll always feel the mouse behaving strangely. If you don't have any routers nearby, check for something else emitting a similar signal. This signal causes very odd things in PCs or peripherals.

In the case of a mouse, it becomes sluggish and inaccurate, but in games where there's an AI or offline gameplay, it's worse.

The AI triples its difficulty.
It responds in milliseconds.
Desync in offline games.
In shooter games, the AI feels like it has an aimbot and manages to track us despite our movements.
Heavier games if you're using a controller.
Games with lower difficulty feel harder.

So, I hope this has been helpful. If you suffer from this, disconnect your routers and check your mouse. Also, (I'm not entirely sure about this) I noticed an improvement in games by changing the Ethernet cable to a Cat 5a UTP, but let me explain again: the real improvement is felt when the PC doesn't receive a Wi-Fi signal nearby. I conducted tests, and everything I explained is experienced to a greater or lesser extent, depending on how strong or weak the signal is and how far it reaches.

Lastly, after much reading, watching videos, and gathering information, I sense that the desynchronization issue comes from the MTU value but from the router, not your PC. However, this is already a theory based on personal experiences.

cybepine

Re: Fix for heavy mouse

Post by cybepine » 01 Jan 2024, 08:22

Nothing surprising here...

I have known this for a long time (that Wi-Fi can affect other "things"). And that's why I don't use Wi-Fi, only wired.
I would also try to keep other Wi-Fi gadgets (e.g cellphone) away from you computer.

Excellent writing, thank you.
This is how problem solving should be done. Start with the basics (closest things near you).

amorou

Re: Fix for heavy mouse

Post by amorou » 02 Jan 2024, 10:08

Asesino34 wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 20:29
Hello everyone, I've been frequenting this place for several years now. I always test what I see, and given the circumstance, I'm going to contribute my knowledge.

There are many discussions and videos about the mouse feeling "heavy" and having constant acceleration despite disabling everything related to it. The solution doesn't lie in hardware or software but rather in your router or routers, as it's the signal or energy they emit that interferes with your PC or peripherals. This affects all your games (unfortunately, it's not closely linked to desynchronization for bad news).

Check that your routers are at least 15 meters or more away from your PC. If the router is within a radius of about 2 meters, you'll always feel the mouse behaving strangely. If you don't have any routers nearby, check for something else emitting a similar signal. This signal causes very odd things in PCs or peripherals.

In the case of a mouse, it becomes sluggish and inaccurate, but in games where there's an AI or offline gameplay, it's worse.

The AI triples its difficulty.
It responds in milliseconds.
Desync in offline games.
In shooter games, the AI feels like it has an aimbot and manages to track us despite our movements.
Heavier games if you're using a controller.
Games with lower difficulty feel harder.

So, I hope this has been helpful. If you suffer from this, disconnect your routers and check your mouse. Also, (I'm not entirely sure about this) I noticed an improvement in games by changing the Ethernet cable to a Cat 5a UTP, but let me explain again: the real improvement is felt when the PC doesn't receive a Wi-Fi signal nearby. I conducted tests, and everything I explained is experienced to a greater or lesser extent, depending on how strong or weak the signal is and how far it reaches.

Lastly, after much reading, watching videos, and gathering information, I sense that the desynchronization issue comes from the MTU value but from the router, not your PC. However, this is already a theory based on personal experiences.
I too get better results with unshielded ethernet , you dont have grounding right ?