my findings

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ZINZIRIO

my findings

Post by ZINZIRIO » 03 Feb 2024, 10:12

Hello everyone, I want to share my experience in this... First of all, I want to say that I am that kind of person who always thought that the main culprit of this was the internet but with time and my tests I realized that it is not the responsible at least in my case.

I'm going to tell you about my temporary solutions that gave me a perfect game but then everything went back to normal...

1) Putting in a dedicated ground line gave me 3 days of play like never before.

2) Buy a better case when turning on the PC for the first time the mouse felt so light and fluid that I had to lower the sensitivity but again it lasted a few hours in this case.

3) And last but least important is configuring the RAM timings or resetting the BIOS gave me a few moments of perfect gaming.

Honestly, after these tests, I confirm what was said above, what does the internet have to do with all these changes? I think the problem has to be electrical.

By the way, I have an online UPS but it didn't make any difference... It's so complex but I feel like I'm so close to solving it or at least I have a clue that the problem is in my house and not my internet provider.

TN_fun

Re: my findings

Post by TN_fun » 04 Feb 2024, 10:03

Hey dude, do you have a YouTube channel? bf3 and bf4. You said there all the time that the problem was the Internet and the connection.

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 04 Feb 2024, 11:00

TN_fun wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 10:03
Hey dude, do you have a YouTube channel? bf3 and bf4. You said there all the time that the problem was the Internet and the connection.
Hello, yes exactly... But over time I am realizing that apart from the connection factor that we all have, there are also problems on the client side that, added to a bad or good internet, affect us in games... At least in My case seems to be a problem for both, but since I know that I cannot solve the internet problem, at least I am interested in solving the client part.

amorou

Post by amorou » 04 Feb 2024, 14:41

ZINZIRIO wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 10:12
Hello everyone, I want to share my experience in this... First of all, I want to say that I am that kind of person who always thought that the main culprit of this was the internet but with time and my tests I realized that it is not the responsible at least in my case.

I'm going to tell you about my temporary solutions that gave me a perfect game but then everything went back to normal...

1) Putting in a dedicated ground line gave me 3 days of play like never before.

2) Buy a better case when turning on the PC for the first time the mouse felt so light and fluid that I had to lower the sensitivity but again it lasted a few hours in this case.

3) And last but least important is configuring the RAM timings or resetting the BIOS gave me a few moments of perfect gaming.

Honestly, after these tests, I confirm what was said above, what does the internet have to do with all these changes? I think the problem has to be electrical.

By the way, I have an online UPS but it didn't make any difference... It's so complex but I feel like I'm so close to solving it or at least I have a clue that the problem is in my house and not my internet provider.
It is electrical

I gave you 2 topic to focus , ignore other couple hundred since I tried them

1)
Its either your lines connection points , from neighborhood transformer to your house
Here the joints:
"----" This is connection points symbol
Neighborhood transformer----Street box----Possible fuses in enterance of apartment (no fuse at neutral)----junction box at your floor----your eletric meter----your indoor fuses.

Its unlikely the first 2 , rest are suspects

2)
Or its other devices in neighborhood vs , If you are rich and live in gardened house (not apartment)
You can buy a big transformer and get electrictly directly from high voltage lines

These 2 are the closest things to solve your/our problem in the entire forum posts

d-unknown

Post by d-unknown » 08 Feb 2024, 09:27

ZINZIRIO wrote:

i can confirm that, doing any changes in my bios like modding ram timings, gave me 1 hour with good hitreg & no descync
i noticed also that when doing changes in bios, the PC must do a hard reboot (fully shutdown), it usually does that when changing ram timings or a clear CMOS, while with a soft reboot it doesn't make any difference in terms of game feeling

i've also a dedicated ground line and the only way it helps is when i shut down my PC for a while (8 hours or more), my pc case is well grounded btw and it doesn't make a noticeable difference, i feel that i must improve somehow the ground line

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 10 Feb 2024, 02:55

d-unknown wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 09:27
"the PC must do a hard reboot (fully shutdown)"

[/quote]

Exactly why I keep telling people not to be too hasty when it comes to BIOS settings, or any other form of a tweak that involves a restart with a full a shutdown.

Somehow when something discharges inside our motherboards ends up having a fresh start. It happens a lot, as you said, when adjusting DRAM settings, timings, etc. Adjusting CPU active cores, Hyper-threading etc, Adjusting GPU available lanes, X16 - X8 "on my board". All of those things force the motherboard to fully shutdown momentarily and start up. And I can comfortably say, that 3-4/5 times of those restarts, I'd have a semi-good gaming session for about 30-40 minutes then the desync hops back in. My bullets start going into the abyss, my recoil shoots off in weird ways, plus other shenanigans of sluggishness and weirdness.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

pracc

Post by pracc » 22 Feb 2024, 10:57

d-unknown wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 09:27
ZINZIRIO wrote:

i can confirm that, doing any changes in my bios like modding ram timings, gave me 1 hour with good hitreg & no descync
i noticed also that when doing changes in bios, the PC must do a hard reboot (fully shutdown), it usually does that when changing ram timings or a clear CMOS, while with a soft reboot it doesn't make any difference in terms of game feeling

i've also a dedicated ground line and the only way it helps is when i shut down my PC for a while (8 hours or more), my pc case is well grounded btw and it doesn't make a noticeable difference, i feel that i must improve somehow the ground line
same for me! Fresh windows install, reset/mod bios fix it to like 70% for a few hours. But the BIGGEST impact is a new GPU. After i bought several GPUS in the past 5 Years since i have this problem a new ( or new used GPU ) always fixed it for me close to 90% for several days. activating any kind of sync technology; fast sync for example also makes a different. In my theorie something is bothering the GPU and giving desyncs and a weird laggy/ input lag feeling.

I got this problem since i moved 5 years ago. After a few days I immediately noticed that something was wrong in the new House.

-> A expensive double converter UPS made the desync disappear completely for me, only the mouse was still a bit spongy.

I also wanted to mention that I used to play with CS:Source Pro players (Krystal for example) at a high level and since I moved I can't even get higher than faceit level 7-8.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 23 Feb 2024, 05:18

What Board do you have?

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 23 Feb 2024, 23:23

Z790-H ASUS

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 28 Feb 2024, 05:43

pracc wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 10:57

I got this problem since i moved 5 years ago. After a few days I immediately noticed that something was wrong in the new House.

-> A expensive double converter UPS made the desync disappear completely for me, only the mouse was still a bit spongy.

I also wanted to mention that I used to play with CS:Source Pro players (Krystal for example) at a high level and since I moved I can't even get higher than faceit level 7-8.
You seem to be from Germany. Which region do you live in?
Did the double converter UPS really solve this desync to the server and which one did you buy?

To get a better mouse feel you could test the following but please give feedback.
Set the fan speed for the GPU and CPU. Also don't forget to cap the fps at, for example, 500.