My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ChristophSmaul1337

Re: My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 09 Mar 2024, 18:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 21:36
[...]
Thank you so much for posting this!

Also, i'm just gonna hijack this reply in the hope that you see it. As you're the head of the site and you run everything, including all the monitor tests and the technical sites with all the technical explanations available on this site, I can't help myself to just say a big "Thank You"! Well, not only you, the entire Admin team really. Even before I started to experience some weird problems that I have now, I've frequented this site to make purchasing decisions and educate myself on various monitor tech. All the information on this site is really, really good and it has helped me in the past when buying monitors, and understanding the tech behind it. This thread obviously isn't meant for this but nontheless, a huge THANK YOU for what you do with this site and with all that you do. Deepest respect for everything. Also, thanks for having this section of the forum and allowing this to exist. Some threads in here would just be classified as "paranoid", or "conspiracy nuts" or anything along these lines on other forums. Most players who never felt these issues would chalk it up to "yeah it's you, you're bad, your computer is broken" or anything while for the people like us, it's painfully clear that this isn't actually what's happening. This forum is a fantastic place to have this discussion. Thank you so much for providing this platform and not be an "usual" admin who just doesn't like opinions that aren't your average everyday troubleshooting steps. Hats off to everybody involved in this. Thank you again for what you do.

jeremy0118

Post by jeremy0118 » 19 Mar 2024, 14:12

I asked my uncle who is an electrician , and he suggested to buy a netfilter 230v ( or the voltage of your country ) , at least thats the name in dutch, not sure about the english naming. It plugs in your wall socket , to which you connect your computer. They are not very expensive.

"A mains filter is a device that you place between your socket and your audio equipment to purify and stabilize the current."

Nightsaber

Post by Nightsaber » 21 Mar 2024, 13:47

I think your problem is the power transporter in your city need to be repair is there a way for you to contact your power company.

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 22 Mar 2024, 06:58

Nightsaber wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 13:47
I think your problem is the power transporter in your city need to be repair is there a way for you to contact your power company.
Thanks for your suggestion. I don't exactly know what you mean, but I'll take a guess and say you mean the power transformer is the problem. Now this I think I can rule out as a problem, let me show you why:
I made a quick illustration with Paint showing where my village and the power transformer is located. Here it is: Image
As you can see, the village is surrounded by lots and lots of forest (the green marked areas). There is nothing around for kilometers on end. The transformer is located on the opposite side of the street. It has to be the one that supplys our village, as no other one is around. What makes me quite sure that this transformer can't be a problem is that I can simply go to another house within the same village and everything works flawlessly.

If instead you mean the power company themselves, yeah they might have something to do with it, but I've already called multiple electricians and a specilaized company, pointing them to possible problems with electricity and harmonics, and nobody found problems or any issues with the installation.

Nonetheless, thank you for the suggestion!

dervu

Post by dervu » 22 Mar 2024, 09:46

I would ask neighbors who has air conditioning and ask to turn it off for testing time. It might be VFD used there.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 22 Mar 2024, 17:40

dervu wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 09:46
I would ask neighbors who has air conditioning and ask to turn it off for testing time. It might be VFD used there.
I don't know if it's a Germany thing but ACs aren't a thing here. In this village, nobody has an AC unit. I couldn't tell anybody to turn them off. Thank you anyways for the suggestion.