My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
JustNumber

Re: My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Post by JustNumber » 13 Feb 2024, 12:17

Me too thats why i will focus now on these finidings. Trying to get contact with company they specialized in shielding , electricity etc. for dutch industry and maybe get some more answers what can be issue and how that high power electronics interact with electricity. If i have some finidings i will let you know for sure .

kriegsnake

Post by kriegsnake » 13 Feb 2024, 14:31

I wish I had someone next to me without the problem, to game there or even switch houses :lol: .

I’ve tried grounding, double ups, shielding, 4 different isps , about 20 esports gaming clubs, 3 pcie, 4 steam accounts, even a freaking air purifier, switched rooms, and etc etc.

I’ve came across the forum, where the guy fixed all his desync problems by connecting fiber with pppoe connection through the router in bridge mode, I even asked my isps could they do that, they simply replied we have only dhcp or I would try that too.

LOJesmire

Post by LOJesmire » 13 Feb 2024, 15:29

You said the lag was gone when you took your setup to ur mom’s house. Have you tried to unplug all cables from your pc in your house and wait till all the electricity inside of the pc is gone and the capacitors are empty?
Wait a day and plug everything back in. I bet then you would also think that your pc is working well although you stayed in the same house.
When i do this my pc feels great until at some point, maybe 15 minutes up to an hour, the whole issue comes back and the pc gradually becomes worse.

It’s like when at some point the capacitors of the psu or mainboard are “full” the issue comes back and stays when the pc stays connected to the power because the capacitors do not unload.

I’m unfortunately not an electronics technician to explain what happens here and could be the culprit but this is my findings beside of yours. I think you need a master degree to know this.

If your pc feels good after you tried it u know it probably only feels good in your moms house because your pc was unplugged from power.

I changed 4 different homes (but same city) and had dsl to fiber, new build houses from 2022 and old houses from 19- something. Same feel in each house, although fiber was the best feel (of course only good ping).

Anyway can I ask you where in Germany you live?

akylen

Post by akylen » 13 Feb 2024, 21:34

it's interesting, in my case, I told myself that with my old PC, my problem was solved, but each time, after a certain time, I resigned myself to returning to the PC level, but in reality, it is possible that in fact as you or other people explain, the old PC works at the beginning but after a certain time becomes unplayable again and that forces me to go back to the new PC, and that without really realize it, as the others point out.

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 13 Feb 2024, 23:34

akylen wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 15:05
I tried in 4g router with the mobile card
Forgot to mention, this one I cannot try because there isn't any phone reception available here.
kriegsnake wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 14:31
I’ve came across the forum, where the guy fixed all his desync problems by connecting fiber with pppoe connection through the router in bridge mode, I even asked my isps could they do that, they simply replied we have only dhcp or I would try that too.
My carrier only offers PPPoE, even with fiber. It's ancient technology but that is what Germany is always about. No technological progress if avoidable by any means. And yes, I've tried to directly plug my PC into the modem and establish a PPPoE connection from the PC, which made no difference.
LOJesmire wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 15:29
You said the lag was gone when you took your setup to ur mom’s house. Have you tried to unplug all cables from your pc in your house and wait till all the electricity inside of the pc is gone and the capacitors are empty?
When I turn my computer off in the evening, I always flip the switch on the power strip. The computer is entirely without power for the entire night. Some days I'm so infuriated by this problem that I don't turn the setup on for multiple days at a time.
LOJesmire wrote:
I bet then you would also think that your pc is working well although you stayed in the same house.
No matter how long I've left everything off, it doesn't matter and immediately upon playing the first minute, everything is already bad. What you described has never happened.
LOJesmire wrote:
It’s like when at some point the capacitors of the psu or mainboard are “full” the issue comes back and stays when the pc stays connected to the power because the capacitors do not unload.
Now I'm not an electrical engineer but I do know a little bit about how PCs work and how a power delivery system works. From my understanding, a VRM wouldn't even work without the capacitors being charged, because capacitors play an essential role in smoothing out the output voltage of a VRM. Let's say a CPU needs 1V to operate. WIthout a capacitor, the Vout of the VRM would sometimes spike above the target voltage, for example reach 1.1V when the VRM is "on", and sometimes drop below it, for example to 0.9V when the VRM is off. This means that the CPU would immediately crash when the voltage goes below 1V. A capacitor is needed here to ensure that this doesn't happen. Which is why better motherboards with a higher-end VRM also generally have more and higher quality capacitors, to stabilize the Vout as much as possible. A VRM capacitor charges and discharges according to the VRM switching frequency, usually 300KHz. Some motherboards (EVGA i definitely know does this) even have a 2-3 second time window when you push the power button, with the purpose of making sure that all caps are fully charged before initializing the POST. Maybe I'm wrong about this and it isn't at all how things work, in which case please correct me.
LOJesmire wrote:
Anyway can I ask you where in Germany you live?
Obviously I won't get into detail here, but generally speaking in the northern part.

Thanks again everyone for leaving your thoughs and adding to the list of possible solutions.

donktuman

Post by donktuman » 14 Feb 2024, 13:34

Kvoyn0v wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 14:52
I’ve been frequenting this site for a few years, tried everything. Same issues as everyone on console+PC. Finally figured out how to relax my neck and extend through thoracic spine muscles. Everything became a million times better and is staying that way. I swear our bodies affect the computers. It’s not a matter of perception or reaction time
Bro could you please share more what did you do to your neck? I feel like i could have simmilar issue. my neck is sore at times from playing or spending too much time on PC

Jonnyc55

Post by Jonnyc55 » 14 Feb 2024, 13:55

Another thing that changes over time, especially since windows 10, is that a lot of their updates will probably include more rampant data mining technology. The very act of monitoring all aspects of a process is a hindrance to that process.

LOJesmire

Post by LOJesmire » 14 Feb 2024, 14:02

LOJesmire wrote:
When I turn my computer off in the evening, I always flip the switch on the power strip. The computer is entirely without power for the entire night. Some days I'm so infuriated by this problem that I don't turn the setup on for multiple days at a time.

Often when you just flip the switch of the power strip the pc ist not fully disconnected from power. Obviously you can’t turn it on, still the pc is kind of connected to power line. Maybe just try to flip the switch of the psu, disconnect the power cord and other stuff and press the power botton a few times. Do this when you go do bed and connect everything again the next day and then test again.

I’d be surprise if the feeling is still bad, as I have otherwise the same symptoms as you.

LOJesmire

Post by LOJesmire » 14 Feb 2024, 14:19

ChristophSmaul1337 wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 23:34
Now I'm not an electrical engineer but I do know a little bit about how PCs work and how a power delivery system works. From my understanding, a VRM wouldn't even work without the capacitors being charged, because capacitors play an essential role in smoothing out the output voltage of a VRM. Let's say a CPU needs 1V to operate. WIthout a capacitor, the Vout of the VRM would sometimes spike above the target voltage, for example reach 1.1V when the VRM is "on", and sometimes drop below it, for example to 0.9V when the VRM is off. This means that the CPU would immediately crash when the voltage goes below 1V. A capacitor is needed here to ensure that this doesn't happen. Which is why better motherboards with a higher-end VRM also generally have more and higher quality capacitors, to stabilize the Vout as much as possible. A VRM capacitor charges and discharges according to the VRM switching frequency, usually 300KHz. Some motherboards (EVGA i definitely know does this) even have a 2-3 second time window when you push the power button, with the purpose of making sure that all caps are fully charged before initializing the POST. Maybe I'm wrong about this and it isn't at all how things work, in which case please correct me.
My thoughts behind this are that capacitors won’t fully unload when the pc is turned off, they always keep some remaining load. So maybe as long as they are not completely empty and get new “clean” power or the remaining charge falls below a certain level the issue persists.
Capacitors do not fully charge when the pc is turned on. They only need a certain level. But their current charge varies depending on the circuitry and operating status of the PC.

Well probably the capacitors do not have anything to do with this but I thought deeper into this because often my pc feels good when it was off of all kind of power but it only lasts for max an hour or maybe few minutes.

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 15 Feb 2024, 02:02

Jonnyc55 wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 13:55
Another thing that changes over time, especially since windows 10, is that a lot of their updates will probably include more rampant data mining technology. The very act of monitoring all aspects of a process is a hindrance to that process.
Good point, but I've tried some things in this regard before. For example, I created a custom Windows ISO with ntlite, stripping it of all telemetry/data collection functionality. I've tried the LTSB versions of Windows 10, I've tried Windows 7, and I've tried some custom made Windows images such as AtlasOS or KirbyOS. Nothing changed in terms of desync problems at all.
LOJesmire wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 14:02
Often when you just flip the switch of the power strip the pc ist not fully disconnected from power. Obviously you can’t turn it on, still the pc is kind of connected to power line.
Got it. Some power strips have singular polarity switches. They only break the circuit at one place. Depending on which direction you inserted the plug in the outlet, it will either break the neutral or the live side of the circuit. If you happen to break the neutral, the computer still sees 240V coming in, but you can't turn it on because there is no closed circuit.
I've looked this up before and the power strip I use uses a dual polarity switch. It breaks the circuit at both points.
LOJesmire wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 14:02
I’d be surprise if the feeling is still bad, as I have otherwise the same symptoms as you.
As part of my internship I've been to training courses far away from home where I had to stay for 2+ weeks at a time. While I was gone from home, I disconnected the plug from the wall. And of course when I came back and tried to play, it was immediately bad. As I said before, I don't get the "creeping back in" effect of this problem. It's there all the time. Nothing I do changes this.
LOJesmire wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 14:19
Capacitors do not fully charge when the pc is turned on. They only need a certain level. But their current charge varies depending on the circuitry and operating status of the PC.
Yes, absolutely. They aren't fully charged all the time, and keeping them fully charged (meaning that you wouldn't allow them to discharge) would bypass their functionality. But i think it's safe to assume that motherboard manufacturers don't like to overspend on components so they'll probably use capacitors which are just about "large" enough to do the job. Which probably means that they'll become near-fully charged when the VRM is in it's "on" phase, and near-fully discharge when the VRM is "off".
For caps, you have to think in extremely tiny time dimensions, as basically any VRM on a modern motherboard has a default switching frequency of either 300KHz or 500KHz. These caps charge and discharge millions of times within a second. Anything hooked up to a cap (e.g. a CPU, GPU, etc) are low-resistance loads, enabling them to discharge incredibly fast. Caps aren't a thing that charges once you turn the PC on and then hold their charge for 2 hours, slowly discharging, then need to be charged again. They absolutely can hold their charge for that long, but usually they have low-resistance loads hooked up to them, meaning that they discharge within very, very short time frames. You can discharge any cap virtually instantly by shorting its output together. The discharge time of a cap is directly dependent on the resistance between it, so a dead short (<1 Ohm) discharges it very, very fast. And a computer component, from a caps point of view, is a very low resistance load, roughly about 0.1 Ohm for a CPU at idle.
LOJesmire wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 14:19
So maybe as long as they are not completely empty and get new “clean” power or the remaining charge falls below a certain level the issue persists.
Not quite sure what you mean by this.
IMO by the time any capacitor comes into play they do receive perfectly clean power. The only time I could imagine a cap which doesn't receive clean power would be the bulk cap of the PSU. Although, if you're not using some garbage tier power supply, it should feature plenty of filtration and EMI protection even before any electricity reaches the bulk cap. PSUs from reputable brands have lots of filtration which should be able to account for every possible form of "dirty" electricity there is. By the time the voltage actually gets to the components, it has been through at least the bulk cap, multiple stages of caps in the PSU, caps on the motherboards VRM input side, caps on the VRM output side and caps around the CPU/GPU die itself. Even if some form of "dirty electricity" crept in from the mains, it should be filtered out at some point before reaching the components. I like to imagine it as a swiss cheese. Even if "dirty" power could enter through the filtration, it would be caught by the bulk cap. If not, it's caught by the smoothing caps, etc... The odds for all of these "holes" in the swiss cheese to line up perfectly so that some form of "dirty power" can reach all the way to a critical component seem astronomical.

I have a hard time believing that caps and/or electricity really is the main culprit. But this is just my 2 cents, and obviously there is complex electrical engineering involved which goes beyond my general understanding. I'm still hopeful about somebody figuring all of this out eventually.

Thanks for all the contributions, people.