My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dervu

Re: My experience with all sorts of Problems regularly mentioned here.

Post by dervu » 15 Feb 2024, 07:05

ChristophSmaul1337 wrote:
15 Feb 2024, 02:02
IMO by the time any capacitor comes into play they do receive perfectly clean power. The only time I could imagine a cap which doesn't receive clean power would be the bulk cap of the PSU. Although, if you're not using some garbage tier power supply, it should feature plenty of filtration and EMI protection even before any electricity reaches the bulk cap. PSUs from reputable brands have lots of filtration which should be able to account for every possible form of "dirty" electricity there is. By the time the voltage actually gets to the components, it has been through at least the bulk cap, multiple stages of caps in the PSU, caps on the motherboards VRM input side, caps on the VRM output side and caps around the CPU/GPU die itself. Even if some form of "dirty electricity" crept in from the mains, it should be filtered out at some point before reaching the components. I like to imagine it as a swiss cheese. Even if "dirty" power could enter through the filtration, it would be caught by the bulk cap. If not, it's caught by the smoothing caps, etc... The odds for all of these "holes" in the swiss cheese to line up perfectly so that some form of "dirty power" can reach all the way to a critical component seem astronomical.

I have a hard time believing that caps and/or electricity really is the main culprit. But this is just my 2 cents, and obviously there is complex electrical engineering involved which goes beyond my general understanding. I'm still hopeful about somebody figuring all of this out eventually.

Thanks for all the contributions, people.
Monitor bricks are usually smaller, are they protected same way as PSU?
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 15 Feb 2024, 08:15

dervu wrote:
15 Feb 2024, 07:05
Monitor bricks are usually smaller, are they protected same way as PSU?
I'm pretty sure they are, yes. Depends on the manufacturer but as with regular PSUs, if it's not a completely no-name garbage tier monitor, even these "small" power supplies have this protection. The protection circuits aren't that big, they mostly consist of a set of inductors, capacitors and resistors. The reason a regular PSU is huge in comparison to, let's say a phone charger, or a monitor power brick, is that it has to produce more than one output voltage. Your average phone charger only outputs 12V, a monitor powerbrick might output 12V, 24V, 32V, (seen many variations) but it's always one fixed voltage. There is a special ATX standard called "ATX12VO", which stands for ATX 12 volt only. This standard offloads the voltage conversion from 12V to the usual 5V and 3.3V to the motherboard instead of the PSU. Not only are these PSUs vastly more efficient, hitting 80+ Platinum with ease, they are also way smaller, as they only have to produce one output voltage. There are 500W ATX12VO PSUs not bigger than a monitor power brick. Furthermore, a monitor consumes way less power, less than 50W usually. All of this enables monitor power bricks to be relatively small in size. And a monitor with higher power draw doesn't even have an external power brick, the 240V C13/C14 connector plugs directly into the display, with the PSU located inside of the monitor. But, no matter where the conversion happens, all types of switching power supplys incoroprate similar circuitry that prevents interference from getting in, and it also blocks interference from getting out. Here in Germany, everything is dictated by law, and PSUs (of any kind) aren't an exception. For any PSU to be eligible for sale, it has to incorporate these protections. If it doesn't, it cannot be legally sold. So yes, I'm very confident that not only monitor power bricks have protection, but every switching power supply has it, at least here in Germany.

PuzzledLag

Post by PuzzledLag » 16 Feb 2024, 17:51

Kvoyn0v wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 14:52
I’ve been frequenting this site for a few years, tried everything. Same issues as everyone on console+PC. Finally figured out how to relax my neck and extend through thoracic spine muscles. Everything became a million times better and is staying that way. I swear our bodies affect the computers. It’s not a matter of perception or reaction time
Bro wtf?????????? I can’t believe what’s happening rn it’s been working for 2 days now ? Lol tf

Slouching over instantly gives me little to no aim assist, as soon as i fix my posture and sit up straight i get aim assist? Lmfaooo this is just insane wtf ?

emgee

Post by emgee » 23 Feb 2024, 03:43

PuzzledLag wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:51
Kvoyn0v wrote:
I’ve been frequenting this site for a few years, tried everything. Same issues as everyone on console+PC. Finally figured out how to relax my neck and extend through thoracic spine muscles. Everything became a million times better and is staying that way. I swear our bodies affect the computers. It’s not a matter of perception or reaction time
Bro wtf?????????? I can’t believe what’s happening rn it’s been working for 2 days now ? Lol tf

Slouching over instantly gives me little to no aim assist, as soon as i fix my posture and sit up straight i get aim assist? Lmfaooo this is just insane wtf ?
Ok this worked for me too... Spent hundreds of hours googling/researching and thousands of dollars on pc parts and random crap... I have a doctors appointment coming up so gunna ask him about this and hopefully not get sent to the mental hospital

Kvoyn0v

Post by Kvoyn0v » 24 Feb 2024, 12:32

See if you guys see any benefit from training your deep neck flexors and extensors too. I have the classic gamer neck where the neck “hinges” in one spot instead of being a smooth curve. Maybe it can potentially help
Last edited by Kvoyn0v on 24 Feb 2024, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 24 Feb 2024, 12:37

when u say "it is million times better" you mean that is still bad but so much better?

Kvoyn0v

Post by Kvoyn0v » 24 Feb 2024, 13:01

The baseline level gameplay is noticeably improved. Guys i have no idea what’s going on but it seems very clearly to be body related. Maybe try some posture exercises and see if your game improves. Be careful and I just trying to give suggestions. Something I notice is that I unintentionally hold my breath a lot when i focus and play games. One additional relevant piece of information is that I recently found out that I have a narrow posterior airway at my dentist. It is supposed to be at least 10 mm and it was 5.

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 25 Feb 2024, 04:48

emgee wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 03:43
PuzzledLag wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:51
Kvoyn0v wrote:

Ok this worked for me too... Spent hundreds of hours googling/researching and thousands of dollars on pc parts and random crap... I have a doctors appointment coming up so gunna ask him about this and hopefully not get sent to the mental hospital
guys WTF look what I said on the discord group months ago and also some scores showing that the difference is real

but I didn't post or comment anything about it here, and now you guys are saying the same thing...

I first noticed this when I was playing almost laying in my chair, keyboard was so bad that it was almost not working, and even that I was kinda laying in the chair, I was clicking properly, then I fixed my posture and it became much better, then I tried to play as straight as possible in the chair and it became even better, still not even close to fix but apparently we found something at least
Attachments
12121.png
12121.png (271.76 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
121.png
121.png (49.55 KiB) Viewed 1171 times

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 29 Feb 2024, 11:05

ChristophSmaul1337 wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 21:21

TL;DR: There is no fix in here.
@ChristophSmaul1337, in 2018 you changed something in your house ... you need to remember.... changed lamps, inventory, ferniture or your PC-Room?

ChristophSmaul1337

Post by ChristophSmaul1337 » 01 Mar 2024, 05:56

[email protected] wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 11:05
@ChristophSmaul1337, in 2018 you changed something in your house ... you need to remember.... changed lamps, inventory, ferniture or your PC-Room?
I do remember this quite well. Acutally, no. In 2018, when problems were starting to appear, nothing was changed.

In terms of lamps, we always had LED light bulbs for years already, with no effect whatsoever. These things seem to last forever, I haven't had to switch any bulbs for more than 10 years. Any other lamps in the house are also LEDs, and we haven't changed any one of these out either after 2018.

Inventory in general yes, but nothing which would have any electrical or internet connection. I did buy a height adjustable table, but that was in 2015 already, before problems started. After 2018, I only got myself a new bed, but it's "analog", without any connection to the internet or the power. I bought it in 2020, when the problems were already present for 2 years. No other change since then whatsoever.

I am also still in the same room, in which I have been in since at least 20 years. I have changed the table's orientation in the room once, but only after 2018 as a troubleshooting step. It's all back in it's original place right now. Furthermore, I don't own any "smart home" devices that would connect to the internet. My lightbulbs aren't smart, my switches aren't smart, my roller blinds aren't smart, not even my garages have electric doors.

Everything is analog and the only devices connected to the internet are this PC (hardwired) and an iPhone, two iPads over WLAN and two wireless telephones over DECT. The TVs are capable of internet access, but I've deliberately switched that function off since I don't use it and my grandma doesn't even know what the internet is. I do buy new iPhones and iPads every year, and they are connected to the internet and sometimes the power when charging, but of course I've already considered this and tried to switch off the WLAN, turn them all off, drained their batteries completely, and even left all of them in the car switched off. Nothing made a difference to the problem.

EDIT: Totally forgot I wanted to add this. I've read through all the other replies here and while I'm really happy that people have discovered that for them, it might be their body causing some weird issues, it clearly isn't related to my problem at all. If you have problems independent from location, date or time, that might be the correct avenue for you to go to and investigate further. For me, it's as easy as going one street down and the problems are gone. If it really was my body, then the same problems must be present one street down, too. I don't change my body on the way out the door, at least not as far as I'm aware of. My specific case simply can't possibly be affected by that.

Furthermore, my basic understanding would tell me that the body being the cause of some sort of weird interference is somewhat unrealistic, in my layman opinion. Last time I checked, a very small voltage is enough that you are either really, really annoyed by it (3V) or it feels like torture (around 9V). ElectroBOOM has great videos on this topic. I have a high degree of doubt that a tiny voltage of less than 3V DC (so you don't notice it) could cause so much interference for a computer that it would cause input lag mayhem.

You would also definitely notice that there is some sort of voltage originating from your body any time you touch an object that provides a low resistance path to ground, like for example your PC case, as that would enable current to flow very easily. Say your body "creates" (it can't i know) some 3V of voltage and you touch your PC case. The motherboard is screwed into the case, and the motherboard is connected to the PSU, and the PSU is grounded. The ground wire goes to your electrical panel and is bonded with the neutral. This creates a very low resistance path for electricity to return to the source, let's just assume 1 Ohms. That would mean that there would be 3 Amps of current flowing as soon as you touch your PC case. Ouch!

All of this ignores the fact that even if our bodies could produce some small voltage, it couldn't create the above mentioned current flow. Human skin in dry condition has a resistance of upwards of 100,000 Ohms, so at let's say 3V, a current of 0.00003 amps could flow. I find it hard to believe that this could have any effect on computer hardware whatsoever, but again, I'm not a physicist and no electrician. Maybe it could, you never know. Nevertheless if this was the case, you would definitely feel it happening.

If your body really would emit some form of voltage, buying a grounding strap (the ones you use for PC building) should discharge any buildup of static and "free" your body from whatever electricity there is, solving the problem. And yes, I've tried that just for fun and it did nothing.