Trash UPS

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
d-unknown

Re: Trash UPS

Post by d-unknown » 18 Feb 2024, 21:48

Slender wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 16:08

all what i do about electric it buy emi cheker (china from aliexpress) and buy that ups.
some socets in my home get 600-700mv, some 1500, but all socets increase to 1800-1850mv when my pc is on. Im 0 about emi/rfi and idk what need to do. But im 100% sure that ups is broken.
same here get a good platinium PSU, i've an asus thor 1000W psu and it did ton of noise , my emi meter goes from like 100mv when pc is off to 1900mv when i turn it on
but with a cooler master 1200W platinum , now i've 200Mv only when i turn PC on, some psu's generate tons of emi's, even a high end

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 18:44
Frankly, I don't think that this meter to be exact is measuring the type of frequency that is effecting our PCs. The reason is, by using the same meter, and a bunch of electricity filters, I managed to lower the entire houses "all receptacles" down to about 20mV on average. Even the power strip powering my PC had just about 40mV when the PC was running. Yet the input lag never went away :)!
same here , i managed to lower the noise up to 35mv with filters and it doesn't make any difference, my theory is that we must turn off PC and everything else for a while, maybe few days and test again