strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
bwainzz

strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by bwainzz » 16 Apr 2024, 10:17

What I'm going to say, many of you are already tired of knowing and to this day we are looking for a definitive solution, but I hope to find someone who has some kind of help.

In general my specifications:
R7 7800x3D
RTX4070
MSI B550GP
ASGARD 3600 CL14 (B-DIE)
ALIENWARE AW2325HF 360HZ MONITOR

Constant FPS 450+, ping 20.

We're tired of hearing that it has nothing to do with FPS or anything like that, just for informational purposes.

I'm at lvl 9 faceit but I feel like my game always freezes somehow and researching the subject for some time now I see that I have signs of bad electricity, as if my 360hz was 120hz and I couldn't move the mouse quickly across the screen without noticing tears or distortions. Seeing the screen of professional players like donk in their streams is a completely different experience, sometimes with even lower fps and higher ping than mine.

In addition to the totally inconsistent hitreg, I have enormous difficulty with the counter strafe, A-D is really very slippery and even though I'm tired of knowing how to do it (many years of experience) I feel like it's never as it should be, I can't open the pixels exactly where I want, even having the preparation and knowledge for this, it is as if A-D passed the correct point, or the opposite key (when pressed) made the doll “go back” and not simply stop instantly.

I come to vent more about this topic out of frustration because I feel that I have the capacity to reach a higher level, but I don't do this for things that are beyond my reach, even an individual grounding for the PC/Monitor/Network sockets I did, nothing It actually solved my problem.

ImBIGJEFF

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 21 Apr 2024, 00:11

Screen tearing can be perfectly normal. I play with my fps uncapped and for that reason screen tearing is expected. It happens on the lower half of the monitor. What is your setup as far as Vsync/Gsync goes? Have you measured your FPS? I would first figure out what's up with the screen tearing before making assumptions that it's electricity.