[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply

alexander1986

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by alexander1986 » 20 Aug 2021, 07:17

hiro wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 06:28
Just had the electrician from the power company here and he had the device for testing with him for the weekend until monday. He already told me something is wrong when i switch devices on or off my Voltage changes to much it should Not do that he said. Lets hope its fixable they will come monday again to check what the device says.

hey man, can you please give us a bit of details of what the electricians said, what they will be testing, what kind of device they are using to analyze and any other information about what they will do at your home?

I am asking because if they find problem and fix it, it will help every person that has this problem as we can then use that information to maybe get help from our power companies and so on you know,

good luck !

nyxo100

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nyxo100 » 20 Aug 2021, 07:36

alexander1986 wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 07:17
hiro wrote:
Just had the electrician from the power company here and he had the device for testing with him for the weekend until monday. He already told me something is wrong when i switch devices on or off my Voltage changes to much it should Not do that he said. Lets hope its fixable they will come monday again to check what the device says.

hey man, can you please give us a bit of details of what the electricians said, what they will be testing, what kind of device they are using to analyze and any other information about what they will do at your home?

I am asking because if they find problem and fix it, it will help every person that has this problem as we can then use that information to maybe get help from our power companies and so on you know,

good luck !
same here please update us!

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 20 Aug 2021, 10:43

I dont think electricians gona fix it lol. The best possible thing u guys can do is to try different locations to play in using different isp's that's the only way imo

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 20 Aug 2021, 11:26

Mugabi wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 10:43
I dont think electricians gona fix it lol. The best possible thing u guys can do is to try different locations to play in using different isp's that's the only way imo
+1 I already called them many times, they only measure the voltage of your house.

hiro

Post by hiro » 20 Aug 2021, 12:01

alexander1986 wrote:
hiro wrote:

good luck !
They testing with a fluke device like "FLUKE 434" not 100% sure and its plugged to every power phase what comes into the house they can see everthing related to power like Harmonics and Stuff its there since thursday until monday. When they cant fix it i probably give up...

heavywe

Post by heavywe » 20 Aug 2021, 21:29

In their homes, do they still charge cell phones slowly?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 21 Aug 2021, 01:51

hiro wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 12:01
alexander1986 wrote:
hiro wrote:

good luck !
They testing with a fluke device like "FLUKE 434" not 100% sure and its plugged to every power phase what comes into the house they can see everthing related to power like Harmonics and Stuff its there since thursday until monday. When they cant fix it i probably give up...

thanks a lot for the update, is there any chance you can take some pictures of all this stuff ? that would really help as well if someone wants to show examples to their own power company and so on !

and when they come back to you please try to ask them as much details as possible, I think if the source of the problem is in the building or at least close to you then you should be optimistic, if the source of the problem is further away then it could be tricky solution but still lets hope for the best !

anyway, again if you have time and energy to take some pictures of these devices and more detailed info about what exactly they are doing then it could really help everyone, thanks again !

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 21 Aug 2021, 10:43

alexander1986 wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 01:51
hiro wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 12:01
alexander1986 wrote:
hiro wrote:

good luck !

thanks a lot for the update, is there any chance you can take some pictures of all this stuff ? that would really help as well if someone wants to show examples to their own power company and so on !

and when they come back to you please try to ask them as much details as possible, I think if the source of the problem is in the building or at least close to you then you should be optimistic, if the source of the problem is further away then it could be tricky solution but still lets hope for the best !

anyway, again if you have time and energy to take some pictures of these devices and more detailed info about what exactly they are doing then it could really help everyone, thanks again !
How sure r u that ur issue is just electricity? Can it be isp related?

sanklyy

Post by sanklyy » 21 Aug 2021, 13:27

hi i wanted to ask if high emi can make the game feel too fast like you are an old man with impaired reflexes.