[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by RealNC » 21 Aug 2021, 14:30

sanklyy wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 13:27
hi i wanted to ask if high emi can make the game feel too fast like you are an old man with impaired reflexes.
No.
Steam β€’ GitHub β€’ Stack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Unixko

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Unixko » 21 Aug 2021, 16:50

sanklyy wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 13:27
hi i wanted to ask if high emi can make the game feel too fast like you are an old man with impaired reflexes.
no but also i know how you feel when this game feels like shit and you see everything to late on your screen or your mouse is to late on the target

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 21 Aug 2021, 17:15

Mugabi wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 10:43
alexander1986 wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 01:51
hiro wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2021, 12:01
20 Aug 2021, 07:17

hey man, can you please give us a bit of details of what the electricians said, what they will be testing, what kind of device they are using to analyze and any other information about what they will do at your home?

I am asking because if they find problem and fix it, it will help every person that has this problem as we can then use that information to maybe get help from our power companies and so on you know,

good luck !
They testing with a fluke device like "FLUKE 434" not 100% sure and its plugged to every power phase what comes into the house they can see everthing related to power like Harmonics and Stuff its there since thursday until monday. When they cant fix it i probably give up...

thanks a lot for the update, is there any chance you can take some pictures of all this stuff ? that would really help as well if someone wants to show examples to their own power company and so on !

and when they come back to you please try to ask them as much details as possible, I think if the source of the problem is in the building or at least close to you then you should be optimistic, if the source of the problem is further away then it could be tricky solution but still lets hope for the best !

anyway, again if you have time and energy to take some pictures of these devices and more detailed info about what exactly they are doing then it could really help everyone, thanks again !
How sure r u that ur issue is just electricity? Can it be isp related?
i have this problem in offline games with no internet connection... even using only 4g modem

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 21 Aug 2021, 18:36

nyxo100 wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 17:15
Mugabi wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2021, 10:43
21 Aug 2021, 01:51

They testing with a fluke device like "FLUKE 434" not 100% sure and its plugged to every power phase what comes into the house they can see everthing related to power like Harmonics and Stuff its there since thursday until monday. When they cant fix it i probably give up...

thanks a lot for the update, is there any chance you can take some pictures of all this stuff ? that would really help as well if someone wants to show examples to their own power company and so on !

and when they come back to you please try to ask them as much details as possible, I think if the source of the problem is in the building or at least close to you then you should be optimistic, if the source of the problem is further away then it could be tricky solution but still lets hope for the best !

anyway, again if you have time and energy to take some pictures of these devices and more detailed info about what exactly they are doing then it could really help everyone, thanks again !
How sure r u that ur issue is just electricity? Can it be isp related?
i have this problem in offline games with no internet connection... even using only 4g modem
You gotta be really specific here tho, the issue in offline maps is exactly the same as the issue in online games? Same delay same bad hit reg same stuttee? I don't think so. My issue with input lag affect both offline and online, but mainly online, online is the worst, i can picture myself dealing with this heavy mouse feel on online maps if my internet was top tier .

3xil3

Post by 3xil3 » 22 Aug 2021, 22:00

I think i finally figured out problem and fixed it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8993

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 23 Aug 2021, 00:15

3xil3 wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2021, 22:00
I think i finally figured out problem and fixed it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8993
but i have this problem in my ps4/xbox too

x7007

Post by x7007 » 23 Aug 2021, 17:30

I posted this on forums. there is a big thread about this Input lag forever.

The Big Culripts are from Top to Lower
Power Cable, HDMI Cable, Mouse Cable, COAXIAL if exist
If you order them correctly, which I don't have the right answer for correctly, then wait at least 1-3 days, you will see improvement. After you made any changes you need to wait 1-3 Days!!!
If you don't change anything the problem will never go away!!

Well, I searched like 30 min where I saw, I can't say I trust them or their devices, but if they actually say it from what I experienced then I don't care what other will say or didn't say. because not many sites even know that, they are more technical on the numbers and the checking but doesn't say in terms of how long you should see any difference if it's not instant because they don't say it's instant also like I said, they don't have any terms on time.

If our body works the same, then it's gonna take some time of "Healing" "Retune" as they say. and that's why it comes after some time and not instant, so you can't actually know what you fixed or when you fixed, and that's where we go into a loop. so at least we have the answers now. now what will fix it could be easier if we find just the right filter or device for the HDMI. because everyone has HDMI and not COAXIAL, so our focus is on the HDMI.

Now you want me to sound even weirder? It's not actually the settings we change in windows, it's how the computer uses the energy, the less energy you use the less EMI/EMF, so that's why some settings will actually change how the mouse moves. Nothing here is real voodoo, it just seems for us like voodoo because the truth is how we will understand and how we will use this knowledge to get the right fix. I think I made real progress, something many others haven't. I hope this will clear and might fix people the issue. we just need to find something that will isolate the HDMI 100%.

Also, the biggest thing I've noticed is I have the same mouse on my laptop with the same dpi, and when I have the issue on my desktop I have the same on the laptop, so whichever it is, it radiates everywhere.

That explains why changing fan speed changes the electricity and causing less or more EMI/EMF radiation.

On the site, before I sent you, they say EMI/EMF cause so many issues including DATA LOSS. so if we take this seriously for gaming, it is exactly the same. you wouldn't want your hardware destroyed or your data. if we know EMI/EMF has specific Hz radiating and affecting devices, the more radiation you have the more issues you'll have, but let's not forget how long does it stay after you fixed it. we need to understand why EMI/EMF doesn't dissipate like we think it does.

Another thing I wanted to write and got deleted because I posted another post and it discarded the old one.
I wanted to say when the issue starts and you actually sit on the computer and it happened the same every time. You can game for a couple of hours and then the mouse and keyboard would freeze, the image would freeze but the sound continues for 3 seconds. after that happens the mouse would start feeling floaty, now there could be other things happening like weird errors or some other things freeze. I had a weird small window saying Radeon Settings... on the middle of the screen that didn't disappear alone for like 10 min. Now I can't explain it, but I know for sure I moved the HDMI cable a bit just a couple of days before and the COAXIAL cable, that's all. After I moved the COAXIAL again it didn't change anything for a couple of days, so I moved the HDMI and it was working fine after 2-3 days. So I've done repeating tests and every time it is fixed it.

There are many issues that we can't foresee. but the ones I checked I'm very sure of them. I can name you two. The one is when the TV shows Tearing and stuttering no matter what you do like it's pulsing electricity every second. that happens when you have the power cable too close to another source like a Computer or another device which connected to the same power.
Second is the HDMI which is the same as the TV, but instead of giving you Tearing and Stuttering, it gives you some input lag or floaty feeling on everything.

So you see my point here? everything is related to the screen you are seeing. So fixing the issue means both, not just one.
Even if you replace the monitor 100 times, it won't matter. that's why people replaced their computer and monitor and somehow it came back after hours or days.

We somehow went too far with the test we did and what can fix it, but we didn't even try the other way even though we already know it doesn't fix the issue for 90% of the people, so why not find another way? They already did the work for us, why test again failing tests? That's why I took my own route. Some people laughed at me, but I didn't care, I found the cause and understood it. Now I need the "Real" fix that we can actually use on, should it be a filter or some EMI/EMF reduction. I think we also are best with EMI/EMF Shielded SATA cables. that's the worst-case scenario.

Pure Copper 8-core Shielded Gold-plated SSD SSD Line 6Gb Sata 3.0SATA Data Cable Serial Line 1 Meter

Some interesting reading

electronicdesign/technologies/test-measurement/article/21801741/11-myths-about-emiemc

10. Adding a ferrite core or balun on a cable will always reduce radiated emissions.

aulterra/product/whole-house-usb
Attachments
333333.png
333333.png (25.78 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 24 Aug 2021, 04:48

20 Aug 2021, 07:17
19 Aug 2021, 06:28
Just had the electrician from the power company here and he had the device for testing with him for the weekend until monday. He already told me something is wrong when i switch devices on or off my Voltage changes to much it should Not do that he said. Lets hope its fixable they will come monday again to check what the device says.

hey man, can you please give us a bit of details of what the electricians said, what they will be testing, what kind of device they are using to analyze and any other information about what they will do at your home?

I am asking because if they find problem and fix it, it will help every person that has this problem as we can then use that information to maybe get help from our power companies and so on you know,

good luck !

hey, any update ? did they come to you yesterday and give some information ?

and did you take any pictures of the equipment they used? thanks !

hiro

Post by hiro » 24 Aug 2021, 09:59

Sadly weird results on daytime good Sinus wave good harmonics aswell sometimes it gets disrupted by a cooling unit he said, and at nighttime when it works 2500watt spike what is weird because we are asleep. But he send us the results tomorrow and we change the connections where the power comes into the house, because volt switches to much when device turned on which u only can see with a Oszilloskop.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 25 Aug 2021, 08:26

24 Aug 2021, 09:59
Sadly weird results on daytime good Sinus wave good harmonics aswell sometimes it gets disrupted by a cooling unit he said, and at nighttime when it works 2500watt spike what is weird because we are asleep. But he send us the results tomorrow and we change the connections where the power comes into the house, because volt switches to much when device turned on which u only can see with a Oszilloskop.

hm interesting, thanks for the reply anyway and please keep us updated, if you can share those results with us when you get them would be nice !

did they already change those power connections you talk about or they will do it soon? please let us know anyway what happens next and if anything changes for you !