[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Mugabi

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Mugabi » 10 Sep 2021, 17:17

blackmagic wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 17:08
Mugabi wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 16:31
hiro wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 15:41
Got reply from my power company and my Problem is Harmonic Distortion as expected, which they will fix with active harmonic filters because its over the limit or something and it can damage devices when not fixed. Got a new fusebox, grounding and connections to the house aswell. I will report back if it changes anything, they said it takes like 2-3 weeks....
Wtf is harmonic distortion and whats the main source of it?
something like this...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yC9HXxsOTY8
Ahaha nice video choice. They should send you documents explaining the sources of this,the magnitude of these harmonics and how much damage they can do. Tell them to do that if possible

nyxo100

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nyxo100 » 10 Sep 2021, 23:08

hiro wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2021, 15:41
Got reply from my power company and my Problem is Harmonic Distortion as expected, which they will fix with active harmonic filters because its over the limit or something and it can damage devices when not fixed. Got a new fusebox, grounding and connections to the house aswell. I will report back if it changes anything, they said it takes like 2-3 weeks....
you are my new guardian angel

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 13 Sep 2021, 12:42

mendiguera_ wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2021, 21:35
Hi, I've been following this topic for a while and I've always felt a lot of inconsistency in my mouse. A few days ago I've been doing tests using MouseTester v1.5 and noticed a very strange graphic.

Mouses: razer viper mini and zowie fk1+ both with 1000hz

Can anyone explain to me?

Can someone with inconsistency issues test it too?
I have this issue too. LOOK AT THIS SHIT !

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 13 Sep 2021, 16:06

InputLagger wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 12:42
Hi, I've been following this topic for a while and I've always felt a lot of inconsistency in my mouse. A few days ago I've been doing tests using MouseTester v1.5 and noticed a very strange graphic.

do you at the very least have a comparison for what normal should look like mate it does us no good to just see this without seeing a comparison to what a normal would look like lol

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 13 Sep 2021, 17:21

Those graphs are meaningless. It's probably your OS being bloated mate. The mouse works fine for me, I have the RGB off, optimized OS,BIOS, and anything else you can think of.

Slender

Post by Slender » 14 Sep 2021, 03:43

Here you are sitting for 80 pages saying that you have an EMI, have weak non-configured computers, buy all sorts of junk for your dirty network, and what's the use? show at least 1 inputlag test where a person compares a clean and dirty network, where? You're just crazy.
Attachments
3.PNG
3.PNG (87.61 KiB) Viewed 4366 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Sep 2021, 10:45

I have this issue too.
I've also seen that before on a non-electricity-related non-interference-related issue. I'm not sure this is inteference/EMI unless you've seen this disappear with tweaking such as Spread Spectrum or relocation away from electrical fields.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 21 Sep 2021, 11:28

That's what happens when you don't optimize your PC. Your CPU gets starved and interrupted causing your mouse to feel like shit + game stuttering.

Xehet

Post by Xehet » 21 Sep 2021, 14:55

Eonds wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2021, 11:28
That's what happens when you don't optimize your PC. Your CPU gets starved and interrupted causing your mouse to feel like shit + game stuttering.
From what I understand you are knowledgeable on how to optimise Windows. Is there any guides you can recommend to follow to optimise Windows thoroughly?

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 21 Sep 2021, 19:07

Xehet wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2021, 14:55
Eonds wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2021, 11:28
From what I understand you are knowledgeable on how to optimise Windows. Is there any guides you can recommend to follow to optimise Windows thoroughly?
No not really. There's really basic bot ones from people like FR33THY (doesn't know much) but it's better than nothing. I'd be down to help you go over the critical stuff (DM me on twitter, I have my twitter on my blurbusters profile) I just think it's important more people realize that before you claim your issue is an external force, you might want to have all the internal things properly tuned. 99.99% of people don't. I've actually gone to the lengths of testing, buying good gear, using a ultra high FPS camera, checking so many things. At the end of the day i live next to 5G/4G towers, I live in a condensed area with a shit ton of transformers, satellites, routers, radios, smart TV's, smart LED's, AC units etc. I own two PC's an intel based system & a Ryzen system. The only common denominator is the GPU (GTX 1070/1070 ti). I'm now in the process of getting a 1GB line installed (200$ USD a month btw LOL) just incase i'm tricking myself somehow (i have really slow ADSL normally). The main thing is, the input latency/stuttering/desync happens offline. I've tested so many variables and honestly it's just tiring. I can still play really well with 1GB sub 20ms, a CRT, 8khz mouse & keyboard, sub 130ms reaction time, ryzen pc, shit GPU, etc. I'll also add the intel system is 100% better than the ryzen one probably due to clock speeds & architectural latency differences. My house also has really old wiring and everything where I live is just scummy. It's probably my houses sh1t wiring/grounding. I don't give a fuck anymore, i still body kids in game @ a pro level. At some point you do what you can with what you have. I'm all for improving latency & diagnosing/fixing issues that make no sense at the surface level. I'm just saying I have REAL issues that are reproducible & clearly not a mental issues. I can literally turn my box fan speed and it can be heard through my headphones. I'll even pick up interference on my mic and headphones. Even my keyboards RGB is loud as fuck and causing a loud noise in my mic. It's really frustrating knowing these people probably don't have the same issue as me and claim they do.