[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Unixko

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Unixko » 22 Sep 2021, 03:34

Eonds wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 19:07
Xehet wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:55
Eonds wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 11:28
That's what happens when you don't optimize your PC. Your CPU gets starved and interrupted causing your mouse to feel like shit + game stuttering.
From what I understand you are knowledgeable on how to optimise Windows. Is there any guides you can recommend to follow to optimise Windows thoroughly?
No not really. There's really basic bot ones from people like FR33THY (doesn't know much) but it's better than nothing. I'd be down to help you go over the critical stuff (DM me on twitter, I have my twitter on my blurbusters profile) I just think it's important more people realize that before you claim your issue is an external force, you might want to have all the internal things properly tuned. 99.99% of people don't. I've actually gone to the lengths of testing, buying good gear, using a ultra high FPS camera, checking so many things. At the end of the day i live next to 5G/4G towers, I live in a condensed area with a shit ton of transformers, satellites, routers, radios, smart TV's, smart LED's, AC units etc. I own two PC's an intel based system & a Ryzen system. The only common denominator is the GPU (GTX 1070/1070 ti). I'm now in the process of getting a 1GB line installed (200$ USD a month btw LOL) just incase i'm tricking myself somehow (i have really slow ADSL normally). The main thing is, the input latency/stuttering/desync happens offline. I've tested so many variables and honestly it's just tiring. I can still play really well with 1GB sub 20ms, a CRT, 8khz mouse & keyboard, sub 130ms reaction time, ryzen pc, shit GPU, etc. I'll also add the intel system is 100% better than the ryzen one probably due to clock speeds & architectural latency differences. My house also has really old wiring and everything where I live is just scummy. It's probably my houses sh1t wiring/grounding. I don't give a fuck anymore, i still body kids in game @ a pro level. At some point you do what you can with what you have. I'm all for improving latency & diagnosing/fixing issues that make no sense at the surface level. I'm just saying I have REAL issues that are reproducible & clearly not a mental issues. I can literally turn my box fan speed and it can be heard through my headphones. I'll even pick up interference on my mic and headphones. Even my keyboards RGB is loud as fuck and causing a loud noise in my mic. It's really frustrating knowing these people probably don't have the same issue as me and claim they do.
definitely r0ach on smurf account

hiro

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by hiro » 22 Sep 2021, 05:05

Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:
Eonds wrote:
That's what happens when you don't optimize your PC. Your CPU gets starved and interrupted causing your mouse to feel like shit + game stuttering.
From what I understand you are knowledgeable on how to optimise Windows. Is there any guides you can recommend to follow to optimise Windows thoroughly?
No not really. There's really basic bot ones from people like FR33THY (doesn't know much) but it's better than nothing. I'd be down to help you go over the critical stuff (DM me on twitter, I have my twitter on my blurbusters profile) I just think it's important more people realize that before you claim your issue is an external force, you might want to have all the internal things properly tuned. 99.99% of people don't. I've actually gone to the lengths of testing, buying good gear, using a ultra high FPS camera, checking so many things. At the end of the day i live next to 5G/4G towers, I live in a condensed area with a shit ton of transformers, satellites, routers, radios, smart TV's, smart LED's, AC units etc. I own two PC's an intel based system & a Ryzen system. The only common denominator is the GPU (GTX 1070/1070 ti). I'm now in the process of getting a 1GB line installed (200$ USD a month btw LOL) just incase i'm tricking myself somehow (i have really slow ADSL normally). The main thing is, the input latency/stuttering/desync happens offline. I've tested so many variables and honestly it's just tiring. I can still play really well with 1GB sub 20ms, a CRT, 8khz mouse & keyboard, sub 130ms reaction time, ryzen pc, shit GPU, etc. I'll also add the intel system is 100% better than the ryzen one probably due to clock speeds & architectural latency differences. My house also has really old wiring and everything where I live is just scummy. It's probably my houses sh1t wiring/grounding. I don't give a fuck anymore, i still body kids in game @ a pro level. At some point you do what you can with what you have. I'm all for improving latency & diagnosing/fixing issues that make no sense at the surface level. I'm just saying I have REAL issues that are reproducible & clearly not a mental issues. I can literally turn my box fan speed and it can be heard through my headphones. I'll even pick up interference on my mic and headphones. Even my keyboards RGB is loud as fuck and causing a loud noise in my mic. It's really frustrating knowing these people probably don't have the same issue as me and claim they do.
U dont have smooth/fast Gameplay at night time around 12-6 am?

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 22 Sep 2021, 05:55

hiro wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 05:05
Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:
Eonds wrote:
Man my gameplay is rly good at that time!! Since 12 am to 6am.... in all the other hours feels rly heavy... i rly think our problem is internet congestion.. thats why is working good at that time.. everyones sleepig.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 22 Sep 2021, 09:30

hiro wrote:
Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:
Eonds wrote:

It's around 9-11 am usually when all of the AC's get turned off lol. I live in a double home + in extremely close proximity of neighbors and many other things. I've just grown to adapt to the bullshit even though it's nearly unplayable some days.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 22 Sep 2021, 09:32

skkiNN wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 05:55
hiro wrote:
Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:

Man my gameplay is rly good at that time!! Since 12 am to 6am.... in all the other hours feels rly heavy... i rly think our problem is internet congestion.. thats why is working good at that time.. everyones sleepig.

No offense but if you don't know / can't tell the difference between network congestion & system lag then idk bruh lol. Offline play feels awful regardless for me. Online is just bad because temporarily i'm on constant packet loss.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 22 Sep 2021, 09:34

Unixko wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 03:34
Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:
Eonds wrote:
definitely r0ach on smurf account

I can't help but literally laugh. Like okay yeah you got me. I'm on my home connection, the Chief can see my ip lol. I mean i'm assuming you mean he's banned by the context clue of "smurf account". Even though that's not what that means anyway. I try to leave my sarcasm/condescending attitude out of forums like this because I actually enjoy this forum. Where do you live anyway that you believe your issue is EMI/EMF/Dirty electricity?

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 22 Sep 2021, 10:42

Eonds wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 09:32
skkiNN wrote:
hiro wrote:
Eonds wrote:

No offense but if you don't know / can't tell the difference between network congestion & system lag then idk bruh lol. Offline play feels awful regardless for me. Online is just bad because temporarily i'm on constant packet loss.
How can be' system lag if in that hours (since midnight to 6.00am) is working good in every game????

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 22 Sep 2021, 17:13

skkiNN wrote:
hiro wrote:
Eonds wrote:
Xehet wrote:

same here i live in a double house at 3AM my input lag is gone and at 11am is back to feel like a shit

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 22 Sep 2021, 17:43

nyxo100 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:13
skkiNN wrote:
hiro wrote:
Eonds wrote:

same here i live in a double house at 3AM my input lag is gone and at 11am is back to feel like a shit
Man we need find solutions... we have exactly same problem and to be honest i only think is something related to our internt connection.. senseless i mean i have 1gb ftth and all around my city (Milan) i changed 2 houses and like 3 different isp. same shit with 4g aswell.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 22 Sep 2021, 18:45

skkiNN wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:43
nyxo100 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:13
skkiNN wrote:
hiro wrote:

Man we need find solutions... we have exactly same problem and to be honest i only think is something related to our internt connection.. senseless i mean i have 1gb ftth and all around my city (Milan) i changed 2 houses and like 3 different isp. same shit with 4g aswell.
yeah but i have this problem since 2017 i live in a new town when it was impossible to have internet and the problem was already there in offline games even in the desktop my mouse is laggy. for me is impossible that this problem comes from the internet connection.