[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nick4567

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nick4567 » 22 Sep 2021, 19:03

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5349776 Says here that pcs are most susceptible to interference from frequencies in the 3-500 mhz range aswell as the 700-1500 mhz range
Last edited by nick4567 on 23 Sep 2021, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

hiro

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by hiro » 22 Sep 2021, 19:09

Its crazy that this problem is all over the world. Its not Internet i can Play fine with ups batterie only. My power company said its harmonic distortion and they try to fix it. But when its not working i buy a torus power toroidal transformer when it works its worth the 3k+.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 22 Sep 2021, 19:22

hiro wrote: ↑
22 Sep 2021, 19:09
Its crazy that this problem is all over the world. Its not Internet i can Play fine with ups batterie only. My power company said its harmonic distortion and they try to fix it. But when its not working i buy a torus power toroidal transformer when it works its worth the 3k+.
Dont spend the 3k on the audiophile device u can make a better filter urself for 200 bucks

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 23 Sep 2021, 09:07

how comes wtf i still have this issue playing with UPS battery on :/

its like the problem is in the air in my case xddd since it started in 2016 i never feel any smooth again is always present 24/7...

g00d8y3

Post by g00d8y3 » 23 Sep 2021, 14:07

Uchihax wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2021, 09:07

its like the problem is in the air in my case xddd since it started in 2016 i never feel any smooth again is always present 24/7...
They said just only "double conversion on-Line ups" fix the lag when play on battery but u should use on battery. On Ac mode didnt fix.

g00d8y3

Post by g00d8y3 » 23 Sep 2021, 14:21

But if u use on double conversion on-line ups battery and didnt feel difference they said if u use your computer on dirty electricity your pc disrupt and u need to buy new one and should be playing where there is no electrical problem. But i say wtff. Dirty electricity can be disrupt pc and pc hardwares,pc components.

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 23 Sep 2021, 15:18

g00d8y3 wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2021, 14:07

They said just only "double conversion on-Line ups" fix the lag when play on battery but u should use on battery. On Ac mode didnt fix.
oh ya double conversion on-line ups those are expensive af hmm i have just normal one =/ but nah i tired of wasting money on that problem... we are just very unlucky to get this issue x.x

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 23 Sep 2021, 19:02

23 Sep 2021, 14:21

But if u use on double conversion on-line ups battery and didnt feel difference they said if u use your computer on dirty electricity your pc disrupt and u need to buy new one and should be playing where there is no electrical problem. But i say wtff. Dirty electricity can be disrupt pc and pc hardwares,pc components.
nah thats is non sense is impossible to "infect" the components i have a friend with the same problem he change all components in PC. RAM HDD SSD CASE GPU CPU PSU mouse keyboard even the cables!!!!. even moved into an apartment to see if he could fix his problem but the input lag was the same... he told me that he couldn't even sleep that night because he was so depressed. I believe that this problem manifests itself globally in certain specific areas of a city but idk im not expert in this things it is quite likely to be an electrical irregularity the harmonics make a lot of sense. but idk

in my experience this is not EMI EFI or anything like that because when i tested a notebook on battery alone i went from 144fps and hz to 60 fps the game felt much smoother aiming was easier and the mouse controlled really well. when you are used to this problem you can almost instinctively tell the difference this is so fucked up that despite being 60 fps the game felt incredibly more playable and smooth than 144hz.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 23 Sep 2021, 19:09

nyxo100 wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2021, 19:02

nah thats is non sense is impossible to "infect" the components i have a friend with the same problem he change all components in PC. RAM HDD SSD CASE GPU CPU PSU mouse keyboard even the cables!!!!. even moved into an apartment to see if he could fix his problem but the input lag was the same... he told me that he couldn't even sleep that night because he was so depressed. I believe that this problem manifests itself globally in certain specific areas of a city but idk im not expert in this things it is quite likely to be an electrical irregularity the harmonics make a lot of sense. but idk

in my experience this is not EMI EFI or anything like that because when i tested a notebook on battery alone i went from 144fps and hz to 60 fps the game felt much smoother aiming was easier and the mouse controlled really well. when you are used to this problem you can almost instinctively tell the difference this is so fucked up that despite being 60 fps the game felt incredibly more playable and smooth than 144hz.

Just try enabling all forms of spread spectrum for a last attempt thing
Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
PCIe Spread Spectrum Clocking - Enabled
FIVR spread spectrum - Enabled
VRM spread spectrum - Enabled
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%
bus clock spread spectrum (SB spread spectrum) - Enabled (-0.475%)
SRIS (separate reference independent spread) - Enabled

(there's more but you might not have all of them)

Local interference is more likely the issue (it fixed most of my lag).

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 24 Sep 2021, 13:34

Eonds wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2021, 19:09

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

Eonds wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2021, 19:09

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

Hello Derek, u're good guy and your guide can very significantly boost 0.1/1 % lows i appreciate your patience with some of this people that will claim everything is ONLY AND ONLY related to electricity and i belonged to them too after being 10 years unlucky.
But if i think critical agaisnt me i can tell i had no issue before 2011, most of you guys cant tell the exact moment when things get bad, cant identify exact moment when you start noticing this problem. i noticed issue immediately after i changed hardware which was motherboard (with newer acpi standard and was "eco friendly" , ram , and gpu (from agp to pcie) and on paper this also has to consume LESS power, which doesnt fit to theory that less power consuming pc = better input feel. But back to 2008, in this times we had two computers sitting on very big table,two computers two same exact lcd monitors and router connected to same extendtial cord with almost no cable management on kitchen phase that was untouched since the building was builded and also all the kitchen appliance was old , like from idk 2000/ 2001 nothing "emission friendly" and still it was running excelent since ever. In 2009 when my room gets basic reconstrution (just new paiting , floor and furniture, electricaly untouched) i moved my pc to my room and as i you think no issue here until 2011 hardware change. So what i want to say before you start telling this only and only electrical issue which can be totally PARTIALLY true, do yourself a favor and give this hidden stuff a chance, make your oc rock stable, make your memory latency lowest possible (this may be not so possible if you dont have b-die memory type) , disable all ASPM power savings in bios, some of aspm states are hidden and still on even if you disable everything in "visible bios". Use scewin utillity to edit thoose (its more safer than flashing edited bios and you have access to everything).
Scewin download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x2hmlg8d ... N.zip/file
How to use:Extract it to C:\scewin , for exporting bios settings , run command prompt as administrator.
Commands: "cd C:\scewin" to set input directory and then "export" for exporting biossetting.txt and "import" for importing changes.
intel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KIW ... aBD4E/edit - try to experiment
ryzens: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LNP9w/edit
more advanced amd (eonds guide ;) ): https://sites.google.com/view/advancedg ... oramd/home
p.s: stop using csgo as reference game, its mess based on 17 years old engine and has been confirmed many times that his game suffers to memory leaking (that will affect pc responsiveness and will go away once you restart pc ;) )
try quake live / quake champions.