[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Unixko

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Unixko » 24 Sep 2021, 15:54

Uchihax wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 15:18
g00d8y3 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 14:07
Uchihax wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:07
hiro wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:09
Its crazy that this problem is all over the world. Its not Internet i can Play fine with ups batterie only. My power company said its harmonic distortion and they try to fix it. But when its not working i buy a torus power toroidal transformer when it works its worth the 3k+.
how comes wtf i still have this issue playing with UPS battery on :/

its like the problem is in the air in my case xddd since it started in 2016 i never feel any smooth again is always present 24/7...
They said just only "double conversion on-Line ups" fix the lag when play on battery but u should use on battery. On Ac mode didnt fix.
oh ya double conversion on-line ups those are expensive af hmm i have just normal one =/ but nah i tired of wasting money on that problem... we are just very unlucky to get this issue x.x
just perma banned this windows bios tweakers plzzzzzz there is no space for them
this is topic about power/noise effect how should pc work

nyxo100

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nyxo100 » 24 Sep 2021, 20:50

agendarsky wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 13:34
Eonds wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 19:09
nyxo100 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 19:02
g00d8y3 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 14:21

But if u use on double conversion on-line ups battery and didnt feel difference they said if u use your computer on dirty electricity your pc disrupt and u need to buy new one and should be playing where there is no electrical problem. But i say wtff. Dirty electricity can be disrupt pc and pc hardwares,pc components.
nah thats is non sense is impossible to "infect" the components i have a friend with the same problem he change all components in PC. RAM HDD SSD CASE GPU CPU PSU mouse keyboard even the cables!!!!. even moved into an apartment to see if he could fix his problem but the input lag was the same... he told me that he couldn't even sleep that night because he was so depressed. I believe that this problem manifests itself globally in certain specific areas of a city but idk im not expert in this things it is quite likely to be an electrical irregularity the harmonics make a lot of sense. but idk

in my experience this is not EMI EFI or anything like that because when i tested a notebook on battery alone i went from 144fps and hz to 60 fps the game felt much smoother aiming was easier and the mouse controlled really well. when you are used to this problem you can almost instinctively tell the difference this is so fucked up that despite being 60 fps the game felt incredibly more playable and smooth than 144hz.

Just try enabling all forms of spread spectrum for a last attempt thing
Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
PCIe Spread Spectrum Clocking - Enabled
FIVR spread spectrum - Enabled
VRM spread spectrum - Enabled
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%
bus clock spread spectrum (SB spread spectrum) - Enabled (-0.475%)
SRIS (separate reference independent spread) - Enabled

(there's more but you might not have all of them)

Local interference is more likely the issue (it fixed most of my lag).
Eonds wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:
g00d8y3 wrote:

But if u use on double conversion on-line ups battery and didnt feel difference they said if u use your computer on dirty electricity your pc disrupt and u need to buy new one and should be playing where there is no electrical problem. But i say wtff. Dirty electricity can be disrupt pc and pc hardwares,pc components.
nah thats is non sense is impossible to "infect" the components i have a friend with the same problem he change all components in PC. RAM HDD SSD CASE GPU CPU PSU mouse keyboard even the cables!!!!. even moved into an apartment to see if he could fix his problem but the input lag was the same... he told me that he couldn't even sleep that night because he was so depressed. I believe that this problem manifests itself globally in certain specific areas of a city but idk im not expert in this things it is quite likely to be an electrical irregularity the harmonics make a lot of sense. but idk

in my experience this is not EMI EFI or anything like that because when i tested a notebook on battery alone i went from 144fps and hz to 60 fps the game felt much smoother aiming was easier and the mouse controlled really well. when you are used to this problem you can almost instinctively tell the difference this is so fucked up that despite being 60 fps the game felt incredibly more playable and smooth than 144hz.

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

Hello Derek, u're good guy and your guide can very significantly boost 0.1/1 % lows i appreciate your patience with some of this people that will claim everything is ONLY AND ONLY related to electricity and i belonged to them too after being 10 years unlucky.
But if i think critical agaisnt me i can tell i had no issue before 2011, most of you guys cant tell the exact moment when things get bad, cant identify exact moment when you start noticing this problem. i noticed issue immediately after i changed hardware which was motherboard (with newer acpi standard and was "eco friendly" , ram , and gpu (from agp to pcie) and on paper this also has to consume LESS power, which doesnt fit to theory that less power consuming pc = better input feel. But back to 2008, in this times we had two computers sitting on very big table,two computers two same exact lcd monitors and router connected to same extendtial cord with almost no cable management on kitchen phase that was untouched since the building was builded and also all the kitchen appliance was old , like from idk 2000/ 2001 nothing "emission friendly" and still it was running excelent since ever. In 2009 when my room gets basic reconstrution (just new paiting , floor and furniture, electricaly untouched) i moved my pc to my room and as i you think no issue here until 2011 hardware change. So what i want to say before you start telling this only and only electrical issue which can be totally PARTIALLY true, do yourself a favor and give this hidden stuff a chance, make your oc rock stable, make your memory latency lowest possible (this may be not so possible if you dont have b-die memory type) , disable all ASPM power savings in bios, some of aspm states are hidden and still on even if you disable everything in "visible bios". Use scewin utillity to edit thoose (its more safer than flashing edited bios and you have access to everything).
Scewin download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x2hmlg8d ... N.zip/file
How to use:Extract it to C:\scewin , for exporting bios settings , run command prompt as administrator.
Commands: "cd C:\scewin" to set input directory and then "export" for exporting biossetting.txt and "import" for importing changes.
intel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KIW ... aBD4E/edit - try to experiment
ryzens: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LNP9w/edit
more advanced amd (eonds guide ;) ): https://sites.google.com/view/advancedg ... oramd/home
p.s: stop using csgo as reference game, its mess based on 17 years old engine and has been confirmed many times that his game suffers to memory leaking (that will affect pc responsiveness and will go away once you restart pc ;) )
try quake live / quake champions.
this no make sense (maybe in other situations can help but this is much more complex than that) the issue we are talking is present in game consoles i tested ps3, xbox360, ps4, switch (in 1ms monitor) and in all platforms the pattern is literally the same during the day the input lag is horrible an like 3am to 11am the input lag is gone...

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 24 Sep 2021, 20:57

Eonds wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:
g00d8y3 wrote:
Uchihax wrote:

its like the problem is in the air in my case xddd since it started in 2016 i never feel any smooth again is always present 24/7...

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

yeah my man i tried everything tweaking bios, debloatware optimization guides etc but is the same... this issue is noticeable in consoles too i feel cursed

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 25 Sep 2021, 16:17

agendarsky wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 13:34
Eonds wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:
g00d8y3 wrote:

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

Eonds wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:
g00d8y3 wrote:

Pcie Pll SSC - 2.0%
RFI Spread Spectrum - 6%

Hello Derek, u're good guy and your guide can very significantly boost 0.1/1 % lows i appreciate your patience with some of this people that will claim everything is ONLY AND ONLY related to electricity and i belonged to them too after being 10 years unlucky.
But if i think critical agaisnt me i can tell i had no issue before 2011, most of you guys cant tell the exact moment when things get bad, cant identify exact moment when you start noticing this problem. i noticed issue immediately after i changed hardware which was motherboard (with newer acpi standard and was "eco friendly" , ram , and gpu (from agp to pcie) and on paper this also has to consume LESS power, which doesnt fit to theory that less power consuming pc = better input feel. But back to 2008, in this times we had two computers sitting on very big table,two computers two same exact lcd monitors and router connected to same extendtial cord with almost no cable management on kitchen phase that was untouched since the building was builded and also all the kitchen appliance was old , like from idk 2000/ 2001 nothing "emission friendly" and still it was running excelent since ever. In 2009 when my room gets basic reconstrution (just new paiting , floor and furniture, electricaly untouched) i moved my pc to my room and as i you think no issue here until 2011 hardware change. So what i want to say before you start telling this only and only electrical issue which can be totally PARTIALLY true, do yourself a favor and give this hidden stuff a chance, make your oc rock stable, make your memory latency lowest possible (this may be not so possible if you dont have b-die memory type) , disable all ASPM power savings in bios, some of aspm states are hidden and still on even if you disable everything in "visible bios". Use scewin utillity to edit thoose (its more safer than flashing edited bios and you have access to everything).
Scewin download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x2hmlg8d ... N.zip/file
How to use:Extract it to C:\scewin , for exporting bios settings , run command prompt as administrator.
Commands: "cd C:\scewin" to set input directory and then "export" for exporting biossetting.txt and "import" for importing changes.
intel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KIW ... aBD4E/edit - try to experiment
ryzens: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LNP9w/edit
more advanced amd (eonds guide ;) ): https://sites.google.com/view/advancedg ... oramd/home
p.s: stop using csgo as reference game, its mess based on 17 years old engine and has been confirmed many times that his game suffers to memory leaking (that will affect pc responsiveness and will go away once you restart pc ;) )
try quake live / quake champions.
Thank you bro. I appreciate your compliments <3

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 26 Sep 2021, 14:12

People, I beg you, don't use spread spectrum, it damages your PC...
776666.png
776666.png (60.57 KiB) Viewed 5022 times

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 05 Oct 2021, 01:09

nyxo100 wrote:
g00d8y3 wrote:
Uchihax wrote:
hiro wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:09
Its crazy that this problem is all over the world. Its not Internet i can Play fine with ups batterie only. My power company said its harmonic distortion and they try to fix it. But when its not working i buy a torus power toroidal transformer when it works its worth the 3k+.

U do realize that interference can (and is just as likely) to be over air right?

alperabi44

Post by alperabi44 » 12 Oct 2021, 08:25

Hi all,

Sorry for my Bad englihs but i hope u can understand me. 87 sites so i didnt read all but i know the most things about. i say all my problems and what i did too fix it and hope anyone can help me or give me tipps.

Hi my friend and gamers. i have this problem too since more then 3 years or longer i dont know.
i played rocket league and was a good player but with the time it gets harder and the bug is on rage mode so that i can doo nothing anymore .
i think it was only a rocket league bug and then i switched too other games like cs go call of duty.... and i feel the same input lag or whatever!
bad feeling at the day and in the night it feels much smoother and i play 88349478295789% better. So I bought a new controller and bought a mouse.
In the game I changed all settings without success.
Then I thought it was a PC setting error and started to change something in windows in nvidia or in general in other programs and all without success.
It only really helped a little.
I exchanged my cheap pc for a good pc and still didn't notice a difference.
then I thought it was due to the Internet and made settings there such as changing channels.
Change DNS server Change MTU. TCP packaged these there with programs to be able to send them faster.
I am not really familiar with the whole subject and still tried it.
After that I even got a new good router box and change my internet provider from vodafone to 1 & 1 because I heard that this error is fixed by the provider.
Unfortunately, this was not the case.
I then even bought a really good monitor with 240 Hz and 2.3 low input and even there hardly noticed any difference to my old one.
At some point, in the sins of my sins, it was just where I lived because I went to a buddy and played rocket league on his huge big TV
and it quickly felt better than on my monitor, which I found very strange.
This problem is apparently not just a PC problem because I have it on my console as well.

Should I get a new Displayport cable?
what else could i do?
I only recently found out that it is also an electrical problem as I see in the comments in this video here.

Unfortunately I don't understand anything. Can someone really explain to me what it has to do with electricity.
I heard a UPS such a device should help? At home I only have grounded power outlets.
Almost all houses in Germany are equipped with grounded power outlets.
There are also such EMI filters but I don't know how to install them and I have also read that this electrical fault infects the devices that they no longer work
properly that you should get new hardware, etc. which I can't believe because I do anyway notice the difference in the night
.. that means it must also work with the old parts otherwise this error would always be there?
I hope you understand what I mean, sorry for my english.

So does one really only have the possibility to move far away or to look where this problem is not?

I even read that some bought a small power generator and therefore had no input lags when playing

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Oct 2021, 14:16

alperabi44 wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 08:25
Hi all,

Sorry for my Bad englihs but i hope u can understand me. 87 sites so i didnt read all but i know the most things about. i say all my problems and what i did too fix it and hope anyone can help me or give me tipps.

Hi my friend and gamers. i have this problem too since more then 3 years or longer i dont know.
i played rocket league and was a good player but with the time it gets harder and the bug is on rage mode so that i can doo nothing anymore .
i think it was only a rocket league bug and then i switched too other games like cs go call of duty.... and i feel the same input lag or whatever!
bad feeling at the day and in the night it feels much smoother and i play 88349478295789% better. So I bought a new controller and bought a mouse.
In the game I changed all settings without success.
Then I thought it was a PC setting error and started to change something in windows in nvidia or in general in other programs and all without success.
It only really helped a little.
I exchanged my cheap pc for a good pc and still didn't notice a difference.
then I thought it was due to the Internet and made settings there such as changing channels.
Change DNS server Change MTU. TCP packaged these there with programs to be able to send them faster.
I am not really familiar with the whole subject and still tried it.
After that I even got a new good router box and change my internet provider from vodafone to 1 & 1 because I heard that this error is fixed by the provider.
Unfortunately, this was not the case.
I then even bought a really good monitor with 240 Hz and 2.3 low input and even there hardly noticed any difference to my old one.
At some point, in the sins of my sins, it was just where I lived because I went to a buddy and played rocket league on his huge big TV
and it quickly felt better than on my monitor, which I found very strange.
This problem is apparently not just a PC problem because I have it on my console as well.

Should I get a new Displayport cable?
what else could i do?
I only recently found out that it is also an electrical problem as I see in the comments in this video here.

Unfortunately I don't understand anything. Can someone really explain to me what it has to do with electricity.
I heard a UPS such a device should help? At home I only have grounded power outlets.
Almost all houses in Germany are equipped with grounded power outlets.
There are also such EMI filters but I don't know how to install them and I have also read that this electrical fault infects the devices that they no longer work
properly that you should get new hardware, etc. which I can't believe because I do anyway notice the difference in the night
.. that means it must also work with the old parts otherwise this error would always be there?
I hope you understand what I mean, sorry for my english.

So does one really only have the possibility to move far away or to look where this problem is not?

I even read that some bought a small power generator and therefore had no input lags when playing
Hello,

Please read this thread for the scientific explanation of how EMI can domino to latencies in your computer system.

Explanation of How EMI Can Cascade To Input Lag

But your problem may still not be electricity related since it appears you might not have not finished troubleshooting the cause of your problem deep enough before EMI. Before you participate in this forum, may I move your message to the other latency forum?

My recommendation is to try to troubleshoot everything else other than EMI, until it's kinda proven. You've given a useful datapoint that your performance is terrible based on time of day. This also happens to internet service providers (even if you switch ISPs). You first need to test at least 4 or 5 different ISPS and configurations (even including LTE, business-service, and multiple VPNs) or at least confirm that your game performance also degrades while OFFLINE. More than 90% of the time, both of the two ISPs degrade at the same time at the same time of the day when everybody is using Netflix and Disney+.

My recommendation is you need stronger evidence that it is electricity and EMI. These problems are real, but happen less than 1%-10% of the time for your described situation. Logic dictates further troubleshooting first for your situation.

Electricity is more than 100 times harder to troubleshoot than testing multiple VPNs and testing multiple business Internet plans to replace residential Internet, as well as testing OFFLINE gaming to see if the lag problems happens offline. Unplug the computer completely from Internet, remove WiFi, remove Ethernet, see if you still get time-of-day lag. Offline time-of-day lag issues are more frequently EMI / electrical because everybody is running appliaces during the day, and appliances add interference to the electricity, and the interference can degrade the computer. If you do, then definitely post here. However, two ISPs doesn't yet qualify for an assumption of electricity yet. You also have to test VPNs too and you have to test business ISPs (pay double for the same speed), unless you can confirm you get latency while completely unplugged from all networks. (air gapped)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

alperabi44

Post by alperabi44 » 13 Oct 2021, 09:36

Hello and thx for the fast answer. I tested with other vpns too and nothing happend and i have this bug-lag offline too. Without internet. in first person shooter the problem is not that easy to identify. But in Rocket League because the whole game mechanics is different, it is really noticeable. Google the Heavy Car Bug in Rocket League and you will see how many people have been complaining about it for years and most believe it is a problem from Rocket League which is not the case. Many people have it offline like me and in cs go or call of duty and other games I notice it offline just like that. That's why I believe with certainty that it has something to do with electricity. Because more people sleep at night and therefore less electricity is used. Since it also occurs offline, it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with the internet. On the console it's the same problem offline.

sanklyy

Post by sanklyy » 15 Oct 2021, 09:02

Someone here already tried UPS Pure Sine Wave, can it be a good solution for emi problems?