[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
akylen

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by akylen » 04 Jan 2022, 11:33

RightYStorm wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 00:10
I can confirm it it’s different at places some felt good for 2 days after that a slight delay and others are just horrible I visited another guy and the audio and frames looked fine but the delay was massive I’m talking about 1/4 headshots got registered.
And for my own home it got worse each year but every night at 3-4am it’s 50% fixed.
Also my new apartment felt even worse I can’t say if my parts are damaged but it’s strange that it’s gone at night. I thought that I’ll focus on discharging my laptop without battery, run it over a extra dc powersupply so I can set voltage etc. and check with an oszi the current and ripple cause I can confirm this shit is on my lap as well. if there still issues we can atleast exclude lot of things cause creating a clean sin wave is way harder.
Keep us updated if you find something new

gadpaw

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by gadpaw » 07 Jan 2022, 14:15

sry for eng

next steps change game time (ofc it is not last vesion):
1. wind cables headphone, mouse, keyboard (and hdmi/dp but mb better optical) to circle
2. add ferrite to cabel
3. cat6+ cable (mb wifi / optical better)
4. buy transformator 220(110)V / 220(110)V
5. add ferrite first/second winding transformator

pox02

Post by pox02 » 08 Jan 2022, 06:14

is anyone try grid dip meter to reduce the leak of emi its can help a lot :D
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

GodJobless

Post by GodJobless » 13 Jan 2022, 22:43

Hello guys im new to this forum and some terms i dont understand but i (think) I have been having emi problems for over 2 years and it has drastically changed my love for video games and majorly fps games. I just want to know how to fix it because there are 96 pages and soo many comments which some not being as useful as others. If anyone can help that would be great.

Also wanted to point out some things i recently tried which was following the op advice/fix which was buying the emi broadband test meter from greenwave, i did that and by testing a majority of my outlets inside my house they all seem to be over 200. But i noticed that one of my outlets in my room which i dont ever use had the lowest emi rate for me. So i tried to use it instead of the normal outlet i used. AND I HAVE NO CLUE but i think it improved my game because it felt pretty smooth compared to how it felt before. Now im saying this based on my opinions because it could have also been a placebo but i genuinely think it improved my gaming experience. But its not 100% smooth and at times it feels much worse again as if the emi value or whatever is spiking.

My old outlet i used had about 300-480 mv
new outlet has about 212 area of mv
(When plugging in my pc it stays the same but when turning it on it spikes to over 1k and continues to go up)

Buck_o

Post by Buck_o » 19 Jan 2022, 04:04

Dude Mello I can’t reply in the other topic about fps gaming lag internet infrastructure but u actually get it and understand the being delayed enemy seeing you first sometime I been trying to explain this for so long tried everything exactly what you said a good player don’t care how skilled you are still going to do bad w that delay and advantage I literally expirence this disadvantage it sucks big time I think it’s cause the area in my apartments or town it’s just bad network congestion or routing or something but Idk it sucks .

akylen

Post by akylen » 20 Jan 2022, 17:16

Buck_o wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 04:04
Dude Mello I can’t reply in the other topic about fps gaming lag internet infrastructure but u actually get it and understand the being delayed enemy seeing you first sometime I been trying to explain this for so long tried everything exactly what you said a good player don’t care how skilled you are still going to do bad w that delay and advantage I literally expirence this disadvantage it sucks big time I think it’s cause the area in my apartments or town it’s just bad network congestion or routing or something but Idk it sucks .
Same

EmilioMomento

Post by EmilioMomento » 23 Jan 2022, 08:15

Hello guys, i read from 1-97 i read everything what you writed. Because i have same problem as you. Chef said TeslaPower might gonna help. DId anyone tried yet? I want to buy Mango Power: Super-Capacity Home Backup Battery But im kinda scared that this one is not gonna help me, i m not rich guy, but i have some extra money and i want to fix this problem so hard, because im Pro Player in Valorant! I was Pro at CS:GO, in 2017 i was top 50 Europe in Faceit With 75 HZ Monitor + 150 FPS In 2018 i buy new CPU+GPU i had i5 i upgraded to i7 8700K +1070TI And + 144 HZ monitor, i start having huge problems, i start feeling instantly when i upgraded that something is not good, i had feeling that my game run slower than usual. I didnt know about InputLag in 2018 because i never had problem with something "slow" or my mouse is not smooth. I had 1.7 KD on Faceit in 2017 + top 50 EU on 75 HZ> 150-200 FPS PC.But when i change my CPU+GPU from i5 and gtx 960TI to i7 8700K + 1070TI + 144 HZ monitor i start having huge problems with my game process. And when i was streaming i was playing literally like shit, i change my playstyle from Agro Killer to Rat. I couldnt kill anyone in 1v1 situation. I had to outplay them so i can get some kills. 4 monts ago i upgraded my pc + 240 hz monitor with hope that i will lose my input lag and can enjoy game. i buy ryzen 9 5900X +3070TI spend around 3-4 k$ +zowie benq xl2546 . first time i was feeling insane fast gamestyle, i was like " holy fuck im so strong, i wanna play and play. after some time, the problem comes back and my game was really slow . i had 500 fps +240 hz but feels was 100 fps with 70 hz monitor maybe even less. i was playing really bad, i was feeling that my reaction time and enemy always better than me, but i know that im so much better than him like how this bot can can be better than me, when i can see that im so much better. So, after some time i start doing reinstall windows, which helps me a lot, every day when i wakeup i go reinstall my windows. And you say what? holy fuck i was dominating everybody. I was dominating literally everybody on server, i was feeling insane, and even sometimes when i had rough start like 0-8 i ended with 30-15 or something like that because i was at high confidence that i have 0 input lag. and after 1 week of doing that i coulnt even play for 1-2 hours. and my input was back. Im kinda deppressed because of that, but im ready to do everything for fixing this lag, because i enjoy playing games, and i love dominating in games, because i know that im really strong player without input lag, but input lag makes u look like a bot.. I m gonna go move to other location soon, and if its not gonna help me im gonna go move to private house. and hopefully its gonna help me. i tried UPS and some stuff, it didnt help me, or maybe it give me affect for 1-2-3 hours. Did anyone fix it? Im about to buy something like Mango Power(but its a lot of money) and i just wonder if someone tried that? And Dont worry guys i feel all of you, and we need to stay together and help each other, try to dont depress its kinda hard, but its not gonna help us. We need to try everything what we can. I will do everything because its my dream, and i know that i can be one of the best in games.But input lag makes me feel bot. but i know that everything can be fixed.

EmilioMomento

Post by EmilioMomento » 23 Jan 2022, 08:34

And i just want to know what do you think guys if i buy new decent pc new monitor /keyboard/mouse and move to new house what do you think its gonna help or no? Did anyone tried that? I heard some people say that Components can be are infected is that true or mif?

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 25 Jan 2022, 01:59

EmilioMomento wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 08:15
Hello guys, i read from 1-97 i read everything what you writed. Because i have same problem as you. Chef said TeslaPower might gonna help. DId anyone tried yet? I want to buy Mango Power: Super-Capacity Home Backup Battery But im kinda scared that this one is not gonna help me, i m not rich guy, but i have some extra money and i want to fix this problem so hard, because im Pro Player in Valorant! I was Pro at CS:GO, in 2017 i was top 50 Europe in Faceit With 75 HZ Monitor + 150 FPS In 2018 i buy new CPU+GPU i had i5 i upgraded to i7 8700K +1070TI And + 144 HZ monitor, i start having huge problems, i start feeling instantly when i upgraded that something is not good, i had feeling that my game run slower than usual. I didnt know about InputLag in 2018 because i never had problem with something "slow" or my mouse is not smooth. I had 1.7 KD on Faceit in 2017 + top 50 EU on 75 HZ> 150-200 FPS PC.But when i change my CPU+GPU from i5 and gtx 960TI to i7 8700K + 1070TI + 144 HZ monitor i start having huge problems with my game process. And when i was streaming i was playing literally like shit, i change my playstyle from Agro Killer to Rat. I couldnt kill anyone in 1v1 situation. I had to outplay them so i can get some kills. 4 monts ago i upgraded my pc + 240 hz monitor with hope that i will lose my input lag and can enjoy game. i buy ryzen 9 5900X +3070TI spend around 3-4 k$ +zowie benq xl2546 . first time i was feeling insane fast gamestyle, i was like " holy fuck im so strong, i wanna play and play. after some time, the problem comes back and my game was really slow . i had 500 fps +240 hz but feels was 100 fps with 70 hz monitor maybe even less. i was playing really bad, i was feeling that my reaction time and enemy always better than me, but i know that im so much better than him like how this bot can can be better than me, when i can see that im so much better. So, after some time i start doing reinstall windows, which helps me a lot, every day when i wakeup i go reinstall my windows. And you say what? holy fuck i was dominating everybody. I was dominating literally everybody on server, i was feeling insane, and even sometimes when i had rough start like 0-8 i ended with 30-15 or something like that because i was at high confidence that i have 0 input lag. and after 1 week of doing that i coulnt even play for 1-2 hours. and my input was back. Im kinda deppressed because of that, but im ready to do everything for fixing this lag, because i enjoy playing games, and i love dominating in games, because i know that im really strong player without input lag, but input lag makes u look like a bot.. I m gonna go move to other location soon, and if its not gonna help me im gonna go move to private house. and hopefully its gonna help me. i tried UPS and some stuff, it didnt help me, or maybe it give me affect for 1-2-3 hours. Did anyone fix it? Im about to buy something like Mango Power(but its a lot of money) and i just wonder if someone tried that? And Dont worry guys i feel all of you, and we need to stay together and help each other, try to dont depress its kinda hard, but its not gonna help us. We need to try everything what we can. I will do everything because its my dream, and i know that i can be one of the best in games.But input lag makes me feel bot. but i know that everything can be fixed.
The good ole windows reinstalls, i did over 60 reinstalls so far and everytime it works but only for less than one hour, now its 15 minutes tops. I stopped doing them because its waste of time, i even did windows image reinstall to make it faster but it doesn't give same results as a real windows reinstall. It is very depressing and its a waste of time to play when you have input lag ss badly as i, i become from 2k+ elo player to 1200, people call you bots, even noobs in silver have no issue killing you. Playing with rifle doesn't work, forget about pistols too, only thing that can somewhat work is awp , stopped playing csgo for weeks now and im starting to forget about it. Im planning to buy new pc that might be older than these new ones when i move out for the fourth time (tried 3-4 locations).
Lets see how it goes.

Nightsaber

Post by Nightsaber » 10 Feb 2022, 15:00

Do you guys have check if someone is using à Ham radio in your neighborhood ?