[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
f1ndus

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by f1ndus » 24 Dec 2021, 06:49

naporitan wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 03:12
Yeah, I did. I have the alienware 360Hz monitor with nvidia reflex. My input lag is usually only 10-20ms slower than what I consider normal from watching other peoples tests (normal range was about 8-16ms with some outliers, mine was about 18-40ms).

Sometimes I would get massive blowout numbers of 180-400+ms, but generally the extreme level of input lag I feel (~200-300ms) isn't really explained by the numbers I see on the latency module.

I think peoples best option with this issue is high speed camera work, its just not getting picked up properly.
The high latency is half the problem. the most annoying is desync.....
+111111111

RightYStorm

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by RightYStorm » 25 Dec 2021, 06:39

Delay: in the demo my mouse seems 2 have a rly small delay but my keyboard is lagging behind like half a second and that’s why I think some people can play with it and others don’t, cause some people me included aim a lot with counterstrafeing / walking cause our sense is so low. A lot of cs guys say my reaction is fine ingame but I aim like 2/1cm off target and when I hit it doesn’t even look like I’m on it looks more like an aimbot snapping in one tick.
Sometimes when I had my transformer running it looked like my friends were not on the hitbox like they shot the air and got kills.
I was able to record it and it looked crazy (around 2cm on the monitor) but tracers are created afterwards so that’s fucked up anyways
I like to add that this black YouTube fullscreenlag is the same shit..sometimes it takes 1-2s to get into fullscreenmode with a 5ping xD and top tier ram etc
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

akylen

Post by akylen » 25 Dec 2021, 07:03

For me , when i play , for exemple Warzone , i got shot behind threes , walls , like everytime , on my screen i shot like 10-20 bullets and on the killcam , i didnt even shoot. I can't follow the target with my mouse , it feels off , when i shot , this is not smooth and my mouse feels really heavy.

Do people with the same problems also have fiber?

gadpaw

Post by gadpaw » 25 Dec 2021, 12:27

try utils goodbyedpi (better mode "-4", but after off - effect is save) and mb work only for country with censure, but test 5 min...

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 25 Dec 2021, 12:57

akylen wrote:
25 Dec 2021, 07:03
For me , when i play , for exemple Warzone , i got shot behind threes , walls , like everytime , on my screen i shot like 10-20 bullets and on the killcam , i didnt even shoot. I can't follow the target with my mouse , it feels off , when i shot , this is not smooth and my mouse feels really heavy.

Do people with the same problems also have fiber?
I do, fiber, copper, lte, doesn't matter what. I feel like my PC has difficulties in processing data by losing it somehow.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 26 Dec 2021, 11:33

Kalppus wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 08:25
Tell me I am not crazy. I hope you have time to read this and give your confirm and opinion about this. And possibly tell, if this what I am doing is the right choise and should I try something else still and maybe there is things I have not taken to my observation. I am really desperate and getting eaten day by day because of this. So could you read this and perhaps help me even tho I probably know already the problem, but I think you can just confirm this.

So let me begin. I am guy from Finland. I am very competitive player of cs, and I believe I could get somewhere in this game, But unfortunately there came problems. I had to start play platform called FACEIT to proceed in this game. Because when I played MM or popflash matches and so on I used to get like 40 kills in global elite MM, So I believed I could be some kind of "older" talent in this game and I could get somewhere with this talent (at least I want to fulfill my dream and see where it takes me, even tho it maybe never takes me that high). I have played 6000hrs cs and it feels like life to me.
So anyway now, when I had to start play cs in faceit there came problem. To play faceit you must use their anticheat called "faceit anti-cheat". Well when I lauch my cs while my profile is logged into the anticheat I get so terrible and awful input lag, it is just like you already know, because you talk in here about it. Mouse is delayed in the game, actions, movement everything is very delayed and sluggish, hitreg is huge problem and bullets are travelling very weirdly. Also when I am seeing enemy or enemy hit me the game kinda microfreezes or stutters very badly in these events. As you can guess now my gameplay is impossible with these problems. I have managed to get into 2600 elo in faceit, but I have to play very weirdly, because I know i lose my duels almost everytime, if I am trying to peek the enemy, because of these problems, so my gameplay is basically just going first as a bait or holding 100% sure angles where I can kill enemy. I can not even imagine what could i achieve, if this stupid game worked.

and now to make sure for you I am not some random stupid kid who thinks this "could" be one problem option that I am having. I tell you I am 100% sure this is it. I have had this year and like I said this problem is eating my day by day. So ofc I have done many things and some research.

I can begin what I have tried to fix this input lag. And oh firstly, yeah there is some same kind of lags in other games too but not as bad as "cs with faceit anitcheat on". And my cs is working almost fine with other anticheats and its working fine by itself, but I only got this problem with faceit anticheat, I know it might sound for some of you that ah its the anticheat interfacting with some other programs then, but noo noo, its not that. I have had faceit support team over my computer checking things and giving some scripts and different versions of AC so it could fix, but there is no difference. It is like the faceit anticheat just changes the game so much like it affected to the electricity somehow.

What have I tried:

New pc

New router

New operator

VPN

New mouse,monitor and everything else

Different extension cords

Reinstalling windows, different windows

different plugs in my house.

Having some experts doing minium latency for my system with windows tweaks.

Like there is no solution it is always the very same problem and as bad no matter what I am doing or upgrading.

Different steam and different faceit profiles

Reinstall windows and download only faceit and steam.

This is also interesting thing I discovered. So, if I start my anticheat but I do not log into it with my profile and then I launch my cs. Well in this time CSGO is not launched with a 3rd party software but the ac is still opened in the background so in this time there is no problems.
but when i log into the ac with my profile and the cs starts in 3rd party the problems come, and this 3rd party problem comes only with faceit, other 3rd parties work well.

So I am trying now that I go to my bestfriends house try my computer and cs and anticheat if they works, I also try in my fathers house so if that can help in anyway and confirm it is the electricity what is causing this problem.

Other interesting fact is that I moved a house in this same area and the problem still persist so, could it really be the groundings with bad electricity or with bad electricity distributor. I know there is many others who has these same problems with only cs and also with faceit anticheat, I do not know have ever anyone fixed these, but i am looking foward to really fix this problem, I am pretty sure at the longest this will fix when csgo gets source 2 engine.

I also have the data of my electricity distributor, if you want to know something about it.

And one question still to eliminate that this is not internet problem. So if I log into faceit anticheat and its running, but I launch my cs and steam in offline and go play, then I can play only bots, but the problem is there still while i am playing in offline so then it can not be internet right or any router thing or something?

If you read this, this would mean the world to me :/ and reply would be even better, I am sorry about this being this long and complicated, but I am sure you understand most of it
bruh but i have input lag in offline games in consoles even in the desktop xD only fixes at night like 3am to 11am

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 26 Dec 2021, 21:17

1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

If electricity had to be the issue, then you would never reach 10 lvl on faceit. Anyway good luck in fixing it.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 27 Dec 2021, 00:05

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 21:17
1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

If electricity had to be the issue, then you would never reach 10 lvl on faceit. Anyway good luck in fixing it.
Maybe, he have a "slight " inputlag. Everyone has a different level of this lag

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 27 Dec 2021, 01:46

My game looks very choppy around 280-350 fps. It's not until I get to like 500 fps that my game looks smooth. Is this electricity problems?

dervu

Post by dervu » 27 Dec 2021, 05:07

Why don't you go check yourself at another place.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor