[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by assombrosso » 01 Sep 2022, 06:10

Indeed, many people underestimate how complicated this issue is, it’s computer per computer related, location related, ISP related and there could be other reasons to it as well that we don’t know about. We are doomed.

The Blur Buster Fan

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 23 Oct 2022, 17:02

Hello guys. I've been reading this forum for quite some time now. I can confirm that power and electricity do play a role in PC gaming lag. Just plugging my pc into a different outlet temporarily gave me smooth gameplay to the point where I immediately climbed up a rank in Overwatch Comp. I can also confirm that a rootkit virus can also impact gameplay where you get choppy motions despite the FPS and latency counters being in good standing. I simply reset my windows and played my game with incredible smoothness. But I couldn't deal with the virus completely and it survived the reset, and as someone mentioned before in this forum, the latency gradually returned back to an unplayable state.

I used Advanced System Care Ultimate 15 and by sheer chance found it scanning over Rootkit C files while the files scanned counter froze in place. I tried other full scans from other antivirus like Avast and it found nothing. Rootkits are very hard to detect and to deal with. I understand many of you are dealing with electrical problems. But perhaps some of you are dealing with rootkits like myself. So far, I told the Advanced System Care techs about the issue, and they are working on a fix. I'm just waiting around right now because my other devices are infected with the same rootkit C virus indicating a compromised router. It's a mess and I'm really hoping they update their system to completely wipe them out. That sounds too good to be true I know. Anyways good luck fixing your PCs.

The Blur Buster Fan

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 26 Oct 2022, 01:51

Hey guys I have an update. My antivirus' customer service told me I made a mistake thinking that the rootkit C written on the full scan was an actual rootkit virus. The tech told me that the scan was just scanning the files to see if they contained rootkit or not. I'm spooked because there were some Chinese characters showing up as shown in this screenshot. And to make matters worse, Iobit Advanced Systemcare was created by a Chinese programmer and has ties with the Chinese government according to some rumors. This customer service person took his sweet time responding back to me when the answer was so simple. And before his answer, he wrote "Sorry for the late reply. Our technicians say that the full scan is indeed time-consuming. It is recommended to do a full scan when your computer is idle. For daily scans, you can choose other scan methods such as Quick Scan and Custom Scan." He said that when I never complained about the length of the scans. And to add, I installed ASC15s on other PCs and it downloaded the new ASC16 instead on one of them. ASC16 does not have a full scan option with the rootkit scan and was released as free download on a site that says download ASC15. This change happened the day after I contacted them and it is really suspicious to me. What do you guys think? Can the Chinese government install rootkits in this manner causing gamers to suffer all kinds of lag? Is this customer service guy hiding something?

Besides the virus point up there, I'm also curious why my game improved so much after resetting Windows. It didn't improve the returned lag condition at all when I did it again though. Could it be because my drive was all of a sudden reduced with burden with the reset which caused a temporary boost in performance? But it adjusted back to its normal erratic state as the cycle went on and some electrical frequency patterns were mismatching over time?
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.26 - 02.30.39.90.png
Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.26 - 02.30.39.90.png (654.59 KiB) Viewed 3555 times

The Blur Buster Fan

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 30 Oct 2022, 15:31

Hello I have another interesting update which confirms what was already discussed and highlights something likely forgotten along the way.
So basically, I rebooted my ONT after trying to swap routers. Specifically, I switched to a personal router to set it up, but ran into a hassle with the ISP so I reverted back to my ISP's router. This was done while my PC was on. And then the next thing I know, my PC became super fast and smooth after reboot. Files and everything opened very quickly like in an instant. Also, my game became playable again and I enjoyed my temporary winning streak. Assuming that my PC is not infected with a virus, my guess is that the ethernet transmitted dirty electricity from the router but it wasn't as problematic as when some time passes by. It lightened the load on the system essentially. The next bit makes me gravitate toward electricity being the sole issue and not a virus. As my game steadily returned to its unplayable state, it reached a new low I've never seen before. My shots in Overwatch 2 just flat out went through people. They were not partially hittable as before. They were completely ignoring my shots. And around this moment, I heard a gurgling noise coming from the heater next to me. My house heats through the built in gas water heaters, and I think it is interfering with the electricity. I honestly don't know how that works, but I read it more than once in these kinds of forums so I'm calling it out. The moment it gurgled, I could not hit anybody. Not even partially as I normally do with Soldier 76. I suppose the only solution is to separate water, gas, and electricity appropriately. But I bet you a heck ton of housing around the world have this kind of issue. If I lived through this for years without knowing, imagine the bronze and silver stuck players that don't stay on the PC all that long. Sometimes when I play at that comp tier, I just wonder why some of them are missing too many shots. And having run into others with top notch PCs who find their games laggy, this must actually be a very common problem that isn't dealt with at all because of the difficulty in proving it to anyone as well as a complete lack of supply and demand. There is no demand to fix this issue as only a few are aware of this problem. There is no supply as infrastructures that are here to stay like my rented apartment are all too common. This can't be happening...

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 31 Oct 2022, 11:36

The Blur Buster Fan wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 15:31
Hello I have another interesting update which confirms what was already discussed and highlights something likely forgotten along the way.
So basically, I rebooted my ONT after trying to swap routers. Specifically, I switched to a personal router to set it up, but ran into a hassle with the ISP so I reverted back to my ISP's router. This was done while my PC was on. And then the next thing I know, my PC became super fast and smooth after reboot. Files and everything opened very quickly like in an instant. Also, my game became playable again and I enjoyed my temporary winning streak. Assuming that my PC is not infected with a virus, my guess is that the ethernet transmitted dirty electricity from the router but it wasn't as problematic as when some time passes by. It lightened the load on the system essentially. The next bit makes me gravitate toward electricity being the sole issue and not a virus. As my game steadily returned to its unplayable state, it reached a new low I've never seen before. My shots in Overwatch 2 just flat out went through people. They were not partially hittable as before. They were completely ignoring my shots. And around this moment, I heard a gurgling noise coming from the heater next to me. My house heats through the built in gas water heaters, and I think it is interfering with the electricity. I honestly don't know how that works, but I read it more than once in these kinds of forums so I'm calling it out. The moment it gurgled, I could not hit anybody. Not even partially as I normally do with Soldier 76. I suppose the only solution is to separate water, gas, and electricity appropriately. But I bet you a heck ton of housing around the world have this kind of issue. If I lived through this for years without knowing, imagine the bronze and silver stuck players that don't stay on the PC all that long. Sometimes when I play at that comp tier, I just wonder why some of them are missing too many shots. And having run into others with top notch PCs who find their games laggy, this must actually be a very common problem that isn't dealt with at all because of the difficulty in proving it to anyone as well as a complete lack of supply and demand. There is no demand to fix this issue as only a few are aware of this problem. There is no supply as infrastructures that are here to stay like my rented apartment are all too common. This can't be happening...
I have the exact same experince you laid out with resetting/restarting router where my game gets good again without the input lag, desync feel but then it comes back again overtime.

The Blur Buster Fan

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 01 Nov 2022, 12:03

MontyTheAverage wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 11:36
The Blur Buster Fan wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 15:31
I have the exact same experince you laid out with resetting/restarting router where my game gets good again without the input lag, desync feel but then it comes back again overtime.
Alright then let's try to see what we have in common and not. Do you use replay or streaming software like Nvidia Shadowplay? Is your housing old like mine? Mine is built in the 80s with a questionable, outdated looking outlets. Some don't even have the grounding holes. Some are dead and can't power anything.

New info to share. I found out that plugging into a different hole in the outlet makes the sound volume louder without changing it. Basically, my headphone sound level was 40 and then I noticed it was too loud while playing games and so I reduced it to 35. Then retrying the old hole, I had to raise it back up.

Fun note to share. There are many who believe in chi, and according to some near death experiences, people have different levels and frequencies of energies. Those that came back from near death especially have altered frequencies that interfere with electronics. With that said, good luck.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 01 Nov 2022, 13:53

Is your housing old like mine? Mine is built in the 80s with a questionable, outdated looking outlets. Some don't even have the grounding holes. Some are dead and can't power anything.
Call the landlord immediately, to get an electrician to fix your wiring and panel.

"It’s a landlord’s responsibility to ensure that a rental property’s electrical system, from outlets to light fixtures, are all operating properly before the tenant takes possession of the unit. A working electrical system is required as a condition of habitability in most state statutes regarding landlord responsibilities. This is because the electrical system is a key factor in working smoke detectors and often for heating systems as well.
If a rental unit is not considered habitable, the landlord faces restrictions on renting and enforcing the lease agreement. Other systems that are mandatory for habitability include plumbing systems and sewage systems.
A working electrical system, including electrical outlets is an essential part of a habitable unit. If for any reason an electrical outlet is not working within a few days or weeks after turnover, the landlord should be responsible for fixing it.
If an electrical outlet seems to stop working for no discernable reason, then it’s the landlord’s responsibility to seek out the problem and arrange for repairs to be made. Because an electric outlet problem can often tied into a greater electric system problem, it’s in the landlord’s best interest to get repairs arranged as soon as possible."

https://rentprep.com/property-maintenan ... s-tenants/

The Blur Buster Fan

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 01 Nov 2022, 17:00

cybepine wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 13:53
Is your housing old like mine? Mine is built in the 80s with a questionable, outdated looking outlets. Some don't even have the grounding holes. Some are dead and can't power anything.
Call the landlord immediately, to get an electrician to fix your wiring and panel.

"It’s a landlord’s responsibility to ensure that a rental property’s electrical system, from outlets to light fixtures, are all operating properly before the tenant takes possession of the unit. A working electrical system is required as a condition of habitability in most state statutes regarding landlord responsibilities. This is because the electrical system is a key factor in working smoke detectors and often for heating systems as well.
If a rental unit is not considered habitable, the landlord faces restrictions on renting and enforcing the lease agreement. Other systems that are mandatory for habitability include plumbing systems and sewage systems.
A working electrical system, including electrical outlets is an essential part of a habitable unit. If for any reason an electrical outlet is not working within a few days or weeks after turnover, the landlord should be responsible for fixing it.
If an electrical outlet seems to stop working for no discernable reason, then it’s the landlord’s responsibility to seek out the problem and arrange for repairs to be made. Because an electric outlet problem can often tied into a greater electric system problem, it’s in the landlord’s best interest to get repairs arranged as soon as possible."

https://rentprep.com/property-maintenan ... s-tenants/
I have already tried to deal with this issue with my landlord but she does not want to make the repairs because walls would have to be torn open and a construction has to take place. My family doesn't want that either so as long as they are enjoying their tv shows and web surfing what not, I can't do a thing. Who knew gaming can be so expensive and demanding?

ysenojftw

Post by ysenojftw » 02 Nov 2022, 09:41

Has anyone tried the iron? Does it work?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 02 Nov 2022, 09:48

ysenojftw wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 09:41
Has anyone tried the iron? Does it work?
works, but it does not solve the problem completely