[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
naporitan

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by naporitan » 18 Nov 2021, 16:34

DeNi wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 08:12
I think for me its not emi.I went to my friend and tried his pc with my monitor.Everything was soooo goooood.I past my videcard 1660ti to his pc and everything was good too.So this is not videocard.With his PC picture was much better.What it can be?Sry for my eng im from Russla.
тебе здесь никто и ничего не скажет.. есть два варианта решении проблемы это 1) переезд 2) обратиться в электролабораторию, они предоставляют услуги по замерам качества электроэнергии.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Nov 2021, 20:32

naporitan wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 16:34
no one here will tell you anything .. there are two options for solving the problem: 1) moving 2) contacting the electrical laboratory, they provide services for measuring the quality of electricity.
Could you use Google Translate from now on, as the forum official language is English. We appreciate it;

Or if you want, forum members may also post bilingually (original language + translated to English too). That is acceptable etiquette here too.

EDIT: Regardless of language. That goes with any language, Spanish, French, Russlan, Mandarin, etc. We have a lot of great forum members from all kinds of countries and this is not a dig against specific languages nor any political statement of any kind. It is simply that English is one of the common languages of business commerce & international discussion, and we prefer to standardize on English
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Dec 2021, 07:39

There’s been a big boom of power station crowdfunds such as:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mang ... up-battery

This LFP battery looks particularly interesting and can power a gaming PC at full tilt for about 20 hours. (6.9 kWh divided by 350 watts)

New LFP batteries do 7000 charge cycles too, so it’ll last a couple decades at normal partial SoC (State-of-Charge) cycling. So it works good for ToU prices (time-of-use: recharge it during cheap night electricity rates)

At under 50 pennies per watt-hour of battery ($2999 for almost 7kWh), it is much cheaper than a Tesla PowerWall too!

Even has built-in MPPT for up to 4kW of optional solar panels, if you wanted.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dervu

Post by dervu » 05 Dec 2021, 12:02

I am going on with interference path. I have confirmed with AM radio many times that in my apartments building there is strong interference. It goes from at least 150kHz (probably below too - radio doesn't go as low) all the way to 1/2 MHz and gradually fading closer to 2MHz range. Also in overall lower range there is so much background noise.

I get at least one radio station in that range that falls into law protection from interference. So that is my anchor point for getting rid of it.
When elevator moves I can't recognize a word from radio station that is in this range.
Hopefully it will be that, because nothing else makes sense in my location.
None of devices I have tried helped longterm. I guess if it is RFI, then it gets everywhere around and finally finds a path anyway - whatever filter or isolation you will use. That is why filtering at source is only option.

Timing of the issue appearing and elevator renovation matches. Now elevator starts gradually/slowly - means they used something like VFD. Before that it was starting really fast/suddenly. VFD done wrong/controller cables not shielded/no filters/lack of grounding for it can cause interference.
If it is EMI/RFI and it is so strong to get to my PC and affect it in such way, it must be so close. If not, at least I will have one thing ruled out.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 05 Dec 2021, 12:35

dervu wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 12:02
I am going on with interference path. I have confirmed with AM radio many times that in my apartments building there is strong interference. It goes from at least 150kHz (probably below too - radio doesn't go as low) all the way to 1/2 MHz and gradually fading closer to 2MHz range. Also in overall lower range there is so much background noise.

I get at least one radio station in that range that falls into law protection from interference. So that is my anchor point for getting rid of it.
When elevator moves I can't recognize a word from radio station that is in this range.
Hopefully it will be that, because nothing else makes sense in my location.
None of devices I have tried helped longterm. I guess if it is RFI, then it gets everywhere around and finally finds a path anyway - whatever filter or isolation you will use. That is why filtering at source is only option.

Timing of the issue appearing and elevator renovation matches. Now elevator starts gradually/slowly - means they used something like VFD. Before that it was starting really fast/suddenly. VFD done wrong/controller cables not shielded/no filters/lack of grounding for it can cause interference.
If it is EMI/RFI and it is so strong to get to my PC and affect it in such way, it must be so close. If not, at least I will have one thing ruled out.
so buying radio station to block emi rmf?

dervu

Post by dervu » 05 Dec 2021, 12:55

Plznoinputlag wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 12:35
so buying radio station to block emi rmf?
No. Reporting that to regulatory institution to get rid of source by filtering it at source. If it breaks law, the one who installed it has to fix it.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 05 Dec 2021, 14:04

Disabling power throttling in group policy and disabling hpet (not force disable) does cause my cpu to run at 100percent and 10fps (var 80ms) ingame , 125hz polling rate makes less lag but still insane laggy .. idk I find that pretty weird mb we should put some effort in that direction
Cause this power throttling of system interrupts keeps enabling even with ultimative power Plan or this shell script for extra settings and the strange thing is it keeps enabling random.
System interrupts magically disappeared from device manager details
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 07 Dec 2021, 06:20

Is there a way somehow we can open a money pool- as a award.. we could make the Blurbuster boss as the admin. (Kickstart?)
We need to define the problem as best we can so people will be interested to fix.
Cause I and I heard some other guys would pay sth to fix that shit. (2k€ by myself, if the fix feels really fckn good even more)
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 07 Dec 2021, 15:22

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 07:39
There’s been a big boom of power station crowdfunds such as:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mang ... up-battery

This LFP battery looks particularly interesting and can power a gaming PC at full tilt for about 20 hours. (6.9 kWh divided by 350 watts)

New LFP batteries do 7000 charge cycles too, so it’ll last a couple decades at normal partial SoC (State-of-Charge) cycling. So it works good for ToU prices (time-of-use: recharge it during cheap night electricity rates)

At under 50 pennies per watt-hour of battery ($2999 for almost 7kWh), it is much cheaper than a Tesla PowerWall too!

Even has built-in MPPT for up to 4kW of optional solar panels, if you wanted.
hello chief im planning to buy Ecoflow river pro 600watt with 720what hour so how many hours it can power my pc with battery? its good option? im playing csgo and valorant playing 2-3 matches in battery it will be good for me because this power station charging fast 100% in 1 hour.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Dec 2021, 22:35

Plznoinputlag wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:22
hello chief im planning to buy Ecoflow river pro 600watt with 720what hour so how many hours it can power my pc with battery? its good option? im playing csgo and valorant playing 2-3 matches in battery it will be good for me because this power station charging fast 100% in 1 hour.
About two hours at full blast, probably. With a lesser GPU, perhaps about 3 hours.

My rule of thumb is 350 watts for a gaming PC, so divide your watts-hours by 350 and that's how many hours a typical gaming PC will run. It can veer to 200 watts system consumption for basic GPUs (e.g. Radeon RX480 system with a midrange CPU) through 500 watts for extreme GPUs (e.g. RTX 3090 system).

You can also probably underclock your GPU by about 25% to get another 30 minutes of battery operation for your gaming PC. CS:GO is more CPU limited than GPU limited, so if your GPU is overpowered, you may be able to reduce GPU clock without a very noticeable framerate hit.