[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
g00d8y3

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by g00d8y3 » 19 Oct 2021, 01:34

naporitan wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 20:32
BigBoi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 19:25
I have recorded a video showing power line noise potentially caused by emi/rfi using the entech power line sniffer on a wall socket (every single one in my house does the same thing). I have also tested using this device in a friends house who lives around 15 km from where i am and the results are identical. Normally, if electricity was completely clean then there would be no readings wouldn't it? I tried using a furman m8x2 power conditioner and the results are also the same.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0_1AVbVGGI?feature=share
try through a quality "online ups with double conversion" this will work through an independent power supply. Since good online ups have galvanic isolation.
is your "online double conversion ups" fix your problm?

naporitan

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by naporitan » 20 Oct 2021, 09:37

no.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 20 Oct 2021, 19:10

g00d8y3 wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 01:34
naporitan wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 20:32
BigBoi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 19:25
I have recorded a video showing power line noise potentially caused by emi/rfi using the entech power line sniffer on a wall socket (every single one in my house does the same thing). I have also tested using this device in a friends house who lives around 15 km from where i am and the results are identical. Normally, if electricity was completely clean then there would be no readings wouldn't it? I tried using a furman m8x2 power conditioner and the results are also the same.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0_1AVbVGGI?feature=share
try through a quality "online ups with double conversion" this will work through an independent power supply. Since good online ups have galvanic isolation.
Ever since my last post i have tested different places within 15 km of where i live and it's just the same everywhere, i also bought a medical grade isolation transformer and and the readings are the same again as shown in the video, it gets through it like nothing. It seems that there is something fundamentally wrong with the electricity in my region in which cannot be gotten rid of with conventional means like buying a double conversion ups or an isolation transformer. I'm pretty much done here. All i can do now is move somewhere else far away which isn't riddled with dirty electricity.

icygasuu

Post by icygasuu » 21 Oct 2021, 18:30

Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 21 Oct 2021, 20:47

icygasuu wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 18:30
Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry.
dont change your pc... i change my pc 3 times even tried gaming notebooks and the problem are the same in all PC is a waste of money.

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 22 Oct 2021, 08:25

icygasuu wrote:

2020? hmm unfixable issue mine start in 2016.. looks like this problem is expanding slowly around the world, more and more peoples are getting this problem lol i think we just have to adapt to it... all peoples going to have it in the future i think. Not matter if u change home, city or any localitation u going to have it back anyways. thats my guess.

icygasuu

Post by icygasuu » 22 Oct 2021, 20:16

nyxo100 wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 20:47
icygasuu wrote:

dont change your pc... i change my pc 3 times even tried gaming notebooks and the problem are the same in all PC is a waste of money.
So why gaming notebook doesn’t help? You can unplug the power cord from the outlet.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 24 Oct 2021, 22:39

blackmagic wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 23:36
icygasuu wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 20:16
nyxo100 wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 20:47
icygasuu wrote:

So why gaming notebook doesn’t help? You can unplug the power cord from the outlet.

for me its same here with notebooks. i dont own gaming notebooks that can run new games.

i3 core
920m geforce
8gb ram

that the most powerful notebook that i have right now here...
other notebooks are similar performance. i had in the past a better notebook but its sadly gone and rip.

but even with these notebooks that i have i feel that something is wrong and works literally same bad as my desktop pc's...only the fps is higher on desktops and that only difference that i could feel and see.

and literally no difference if unplug and if run only on battery...the weird feel of input lag, slow, bad performance in games, weird mouse, and feel of bad hitreg etc. all that is same like on my desktop...

that is the point where i too dont believe that a gamer notebook would make something better for me. but was think about to buy one too...

my case of input lag and weird performance is hopeless here...no matter what i tried...i still dont get the logic and dont see a solution.
Yeah there's no fix for this i must say

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 25 Oct 2021, 10:55

it should be the eight wonders of the world

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 10 Nov 2021, 17:10

Jo I haven’t been there long time I did a lot of research:
I tried couple of houses some where better than others can’t say if it was placebo cause I stayed only for 1 or 2 days or couple of hours.

Right now I’m in a new apartment which was just built, I’m the first in it.
It’s the same feeling it feels even worse but it’s still my 3 old PCs I had also in my house (3070laptop, i7 9700k pc / had also 9700kf and i9900k)

At 3 am it’s also gone in the new Appartement,

Right now my pc doesn’t start anymore I did reset cmos over the button I even removed the battery.
The mainb illuminates but doesn’t even start or make a sound.
I made a faraday cage but not with silver mesh for high freq, but it didn’t affect at all
I had a iso transformer (medical grade) and it was ok for some days then it was bad when I lifted ground it was good again and than bad.
In the inrush current limiter form the transformer had a broken ntc and I also remember 3 years ago a certified German usb charger did burn after I charged my tablet xD.
I installed 2 grounds with thick cables to my pc and monitor tried a lot all made it feel different but it wasn’t fully fixed.
I measured neutral leakage and I have a little bit but when I drove to another country another guy with same lags had 0 neutral leakage.

I also measured voltages over time - it’s just plus minus 4v on 230v

More things in bios and windows that affect that:
Command rate 1n
Pci lock and little bit less max mem in msconfig
Intel Management Engine Interface power off disabled

I can’t disable hpet on my board only in windows but doesn’t seem to do anything.
Flashing bios did sth for a day

I conclude: I’m pretty sure it isn’t internet or rfi. It must be the power.
So it affects the caps on the pc that’s why cmos prob difficulties- cause sometime before I had to discharge cmos before I could start my pc - happend also to my laptops.
My laptop experiences the lag a little bit later and a lap has different cmos batteries than a pc right. Could sb try putting the cmos jumper on 24/7 and try gameing without any bios settings?
I don’t know if my pc became bad over time but I’ll get a new one in my new Appartement.
But at 3 am pc seems fine and that’s the exact time reactive power is the lowest so I’ll go search a compensation thing.
Once it was better when I got new cables and did swap gpu and cpu power
I have my psu with fan to the inside of the pc makes no sense why it was gone.
Also when put ram sticks so wrong in it was ok for 1 day same shit.

I have videos where u can see this shit heavily in the record even. As well thousands of screenshots of not breaking vents or zombie chickens.

Keep it up, we’ll gonna make it
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.