[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
akylen

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by akylen » 09 Jun 2022, 10:04

In the room where I play, I have this on the wall

In the attached photo, I don't know what it is, could it cause hardware-related problems?
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0024.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0024.jpg (246.17 KiB) Viewed 4826 times

MegaMelmek

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by MegaMelmek » 09 Jun 2022, 10:56

I have also coax everywhere in my appartment… Its voltage in it but no one was able to say where it come from they say that this voltage is inducting there bacause is close to power cables….
Attachments
E35466CC-EC66-4CD1-89E9-4020991BA4A6.jpeg
E35466CC-EC66-4CD1-89E9-4020991BA4A6.jpeg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 4806 times

x7007

Post by x7007 » 09 Jun 2022, 19:49

you need to connect something like this to the main connector or to every connector, I'm not sure at the moment, I connected this to my connector from the wall in my room between the modem while I had a floaty mouse, fast, but floaty that keep moving like it's sliding and doesn't stop an instant, now it's fast and instant. I saw in this thread that someone said how it's important to use quality 5-1000mhz or else you will have terrible terrible issues.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversation ... 023053c8bf

"QUOTE" In an effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1000 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage from Radio Shack, Home Depot, Target, etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test."

COAXIAL as long it's connected to a power source (power gride) (electricity) or connected on the other way ( not your house ) still emitting data all the time and act as an antenna, there is a special plug you need to put on it to stop it from actually working. I can't find it at the moment.

fatehasfans

Post by fatehasfans » 17 Jun 2022, 20:01

x7007 wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 20:54
This freaking connector is what caused mayhem. it's the cable connected from my room to the other room to the living room. the electric device is from 2011!!
i called the ISP service and they'll come to replace all the sockets!
when I disconnect these even just one of the cables it's killing the internet downstairs in the living room which is like connecting from one cable to other cable it's fix the issues instant!! freaking COAXIAL

The laptop mouse is also fixed 100%!

More pictures
https://imgur.com/a/Gm0eRNN#WCOo1Fk

I had an older device since 2001! like this it's called a LOOP same plug and everything, I connected it, the modem in the living room works and sync!

mouse is crazy insane fast and accurate
Still need to replace all the other plugs! I have 2 or 3 more and to change all the old splitters.
He is not going to leave until he do them all

For some reason wifi on the modem I connected the 2001 device getting only 6mb through WIFI, but TV NETFLIX and other streaming service works perfect. wooot....

phpBB [video]
your mouse movements still look 'floaty' to me, they dont have the snap they're supposed to. Also, why would your internet line affect your computer? Shouldn't you have noticed a 'fix/difference' the moment you disconnected the internet? I don't think this has anything to do with the internet or it's connections - though I'm no expert.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 18 Jun 2022, 14:07

fatehasfans wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 20:01
your mouse movements still look 'floaty' to me, they dont have the snap they're supposed to. Also, why would your internet line affect your computer? Shouldn't you have noticed a 'fix/difference' the moment you disconnected the internet? I don't think this has anything to do with the internet or it's connections - though I'm no expert.
He is doing that on TV, what did you expect? He is known for fixing his input lag on daily basis.

dervu

Post by dervu » 19 Jun 2022, 09:34

If you have open coax cable, just use coax terminator cap. In my case it didn't change anything.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 23 Jun 2022, 07:35

Pro valorant streamer seems to be facing the same issue. His aim is still pretty insane though.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrightDistinctD ... bbEL69f9wr

x7007

Post by x7007 » 28 Jun 2022, 14:35

I work at a big bank in Israel and came to some discovery when dealing at least 15 computers per day, usually, they are almost per-same with hardware, DELL-HP OEM computers, PS/2 splitter for mouse and keyboard, mostly the biggest factor of parts are the same, the LAN and others do not really matter for us. so they are almost 100% identical, the only difference on some are Power Cables, the mouse is 125 Hz.

Our work is this. The workers have 2 computers, one IDB and one HO Windows 7, we suppose to leave them with one Windows 10 computer. so we only do windows 10 images and replace the one on the computer. While doing that unplugging the other computer and connecting the one we keep without the PS/2/VGA Switcher, the computer didn't want to turn on, I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. the power cable that was connected was called 16A 250VA QUEEN PUO QP-029, the one that I replaced it with was 16A 250VA Longwell LP-41.
With the QUEEN POU it had weird booting issues, it didn't want to turn on or cause booting issues. after I replaced the cable it boot up instantly and I noticed the mouse move like 1000 hz 1ms latency.

So I took the same cable and connected to my laptop instead of the other cable in the picture and I saw an improvement, I am going to replace my desktop computer as well and check.

You can clearly see the differences between the pins, some of them are more circular than others. The last time I checked I saw a difference between the Circular and the straight ones, it has more contact on the power plug, which might be the weird issue we are seeing with the straight ones...

Another story with my laptop is that everything was fine with it until I plugged it at work to some bad power strip and it burns out causing the cable to be burnt as well, so I replace it with some different cable I had there and I noticed that it never worked the same. I made a test just before a long time ago, taking my laptop on the battery to the living room and there was still a floaty mouse, what I didn't do is turn off the laptop after I unplugged it from the power adapter, which might cause issues while the computer was still on. so the issue sometimes will stay until you actually turn the device off and check again, which is related more to laptops, because you can keep it on and take it to another place.

https://imgur.com/a/uANbMDj

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 30 Jun 2022, 19:40

I moved to a new place yesterday. Tested valorant today. My monitor finally feels like 144hz now. Movement is clear, screen doesn't become a mess when spraying. Felt like I had more acceleration on before but now it seems more consistent and I can feel a constant delay from mouse to monitor whereas I did not get this feeling before. Will update you guys in a few days again to notify of any changes and to answer questions. Lmk if you want me to test anything.

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 30 Jun 2022, 19:43

My mouse tester plot seems to have changed. More concentrated around the 1000hz mark now. Too bad I don't have a before picture saved.