[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
BigBoi

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by BigBoi » 15 Feb 2022, 13:21

delve wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 09:55
Unixko wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 08:00

calamity is from canada dude he try like 20 places on canada everywhere was basicly this problem somewhere less somewhere more but prety much everywhere some kinda of this issue
what is his problem, desync or input lag? That is quite a sample size, i wonder if he ever tried a new/foreign rig in one of those places.
Probably the same problems as mine since i also live in Canada; Heavy mouse feel in every games and windows (micro adjustements becomes very difficult due to perceived additional smoothing, lack of snappiness, flickshots becomes incredibly rare and nigh impossible to do due to inconsistent mouse inputs), really bad hitreg even with perfect internet (low ping, no packet loss, no choke, perfect signal level on modem), absolutely broken recoil almost as if the engine of the game is breaking client side, enabling raw mouse input ingame adds even more smoothing and input lag, issue is several times worse online but is still present offline. I've been noticing those things since i was 19 years old and moved to a new appartment (built in 2014), I'm 26 now and nothing changed.
Last edited by BigBoi on 16 Feb 2022, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

akylen

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by akylen » 16 Feb 2022, 15:52

Dumb question but is there a way to turn raw input 0 on windows ?

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 16 Feb 2022, 17:47

During vaccination I installed windows 2 times in Spain and France.. noticed the same issue and again at 3am it was gone!
Again Data felt also better than wifi.
My dad has a solar park in Spain, sb suggested I should check my pc there, but it felt worse but it’s no wonder cause rfi is so strong near the big transformers… :(
I asked the electrician he said they have really clean energy and the 3phases were also symmetrical. As I checked on the display of the Trafos.
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 18 Feb 2022, 10:53

sunrisesineast wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 17:36
I want you guys to try something. Try unplugging your ethernet cable and connect to internet through mobile data by tethering your phone over USB and then test it. For me it was like magic. I felt like a god again(only play VALORANT).

I just discovered this and have to do more research as to why this is happening.

My specs are:

cpu- i3 10100
gpu- 1050ti
mobo- h410m pro-e
ram- gskill ripjaws 2666hz 2x8gb
evga 550w psu.

internet- freedom/shaw coax cable, connected to modem/router they provided. cable is cat6 50ft ethernet cable bought from amazon.

edit:- ok this might sound like i have gone completely mad but i have noticed another thing. My lag also gets MUCH better when my kitchen sink is turned on and water is flowing. Could it be an issue with grounding that runs through the pipes? I have no idea.
I would suggest calling a electrician as soon as possible. There is most likely current running on grounding wires, coax cable or water pipes. That is a shock hazard, not healthy.

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 19 Feb 2022, 20:15

Is it common for wall adapters to be emitting a high pitched noise. I have observed this in 3 different adapters plugged into different sockets of my apartment.

Also i noticed that lowering capping at way lower fps than refresh rate helps me see/aim better. It feels like there is less motion blur.

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 20 Feb 2022, 08:16

A friend has no problem and easily hits 170 KPM. Every one of his peaks is like XANTARES

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by naporitan on 20 Feb 2022, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 20 Feb 2022, 08:16

sunrisesineast wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 20:15
Is it common for wall adapters to be emitting a high pitched noise. I have observed this in 3 different adapters plugged into different sockets of my apartment.

Also i noticed that lowering capping at way lower fps than refresh rate helps me see/aim better. It feels like there is less motion blur.
No, it is not normal. When you recharge your cellphone, does its battery get very hot? If, yes. Then you have very "dirty electricity". You can try turning all electricity off and leaving only one room on and plug your adapter. Does it still emit pitched noise?. Or call a electrician to measure THD (Total harmonic distortion). Have the utility/electrician address power quality if THD > 5% (per IEEE-519 Std)

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 20 Feb 2022, 08:25

cybepine wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 08:16
No, it is not normal. When you recharge your cellphone, does its battery get very hot? If, yes. Then you have very "dirty electricity". You can try turning all electricity off and leaving only one room on and plug your adapter. Does it still emit pitched noise?. Or call a electrician to measure THD (Total harmonic distortion). Have the utility/electrician address power quality if THD > 5% (per IEEE-519 Std)
I have a power quality analyzer and I have a THD of 4% and there is a problem, moved to a friend where the THD is 3% and still there is a problem...
I have an inverter voltage regulator and it filters the mains well and through it THD 2% and there is a problem...

I live in the north in a village where there are no EMI sources and there is a problem with desynchronization...

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 20 Feb 2022, 22:31

i have 15-20 mv constant on usb ground ?? really strange, grounding didnt help also not for any other usb voltage was the same. It made hitreg better but visual jitter lag worse, when shut down waited and started win again the potential was 0-3mv changeing all the time .. i should add my middle mouse button didnt work when there was lag but now it works
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.