[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
cybepine

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by cybepine » 26 Apr 2022, 13:05

Patrykelele wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:46
Patrykelele wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 18:40
I have some noticeable delays since 2019, I moved to other place i thought It will be better. I was wrong. Playing games in afternoon is unplayable mouse/keyboard feel unresponsable. Having low stable ping with high speeds +500fps still some delays. I suspected it was internet, but my pings are ok and on offline maps i have more consistant gameplay late nights when everyone is sleeping. It's was big question mark for me untill today. I saw on forum topic about EMI. I find out that I have kind high voltage lines In front of my house. I have my gaming pc in first room to lines, also fiber cabel is directly under these lines. I have new suspect now it can be saturated electrocity lines casue high EMI. I also feel sick to sleep in the room i feel like i can't sleep good. I attached IMG of my house. Tell me guys what u think about that. I have measured the distance beetwen pc and these lines it is about 9m.
cybepine Can u reply here i can't talk in priv
Do you have grounded outlets on your bedroom and computer room? YES
Do you have wireless mouse/keyboard? no
Do you have a AM radio? Do you hear AM stations? I pluged headphones in phone and turn radio so i guess it works
Do you have a smart electric meter? I have no idea
Can i somehow figure out is it internet or EMI
Someone told me that it might be casued by overloaded isp, its better at nights but
in other hand some people say at night they have better online games with lower EMI
You will need a real AM radio to test that. They cost like 15 euros.
In your case it seems to be related electricity usage. Check your electric meter more closely. Type its model here. These smart meters are known to cause problems (wiring voltage transients).

cybepine

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by cybepine » 27 Apr 2022, 11:45

You can do this test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYzVBxFPpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voyakpZ-g-w

But DO NOT mess with any other way on the electrical panel if you don't have electrical training.

This is from comments section:

"Could you explain what exactly is the cause of the pulsating sound? I'm running the same test at my home and having a very similar issue with the repetitive, pulsating beeping sound, just a bit faster. I hear it near various devices, many outlets (but not all), and it's loudest right next to and beneath the electrical box outside. Some outlets don't even have anything plugged in and I can hear it. I can even follow the sound through an outlet, into a surge protector strip, and up a power cable into my computer. I'm actually trying to figure out if this could be the source of erratic computer mouse movement I've been experiencing for months now. Is it possible this could just be signals the electric company uses to track electricity usage? Was this client with a company other than PG&E? I'm on PG&E, so perhaps that could explain the difference in pulse rates."

What can you do if this is the case?

Call the utility company and say that smart meter affects my electronics. Ask them to add a filter for the voltage transients or change to different model that does not cause so high amounts of transients. The best thing would be a analog meter but I think they wont do it.

Or even moving the smart meter like there was talk at the other thread if it is in a "bad" spot.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9923

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 27 Apr 2022, 17:30

cybepine wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 11:45
You can do this test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYzVBxFPpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voyakpZ-g-w

But DO NOT mess with any other way on the electrical panel if you don't have electrical training.

This is from comments section:

"Could you explain what exactly is the cause of the pulsating sound? I'm running the same test at my home and having a very similar issue with the repetitive, pulsating beeping sound, just a bit faster. I hear it near various devices, many outlets (but not all), and it's loudest right next to and beneath the electrical box outside. Some outlets don't even have anything plugged in and I can hear it. I can even follow the sound through an outlet, into a surge protector strip, and up a power cable into my computer. I'm actually trying to figure out if this could be the source of erratic computer mouse movement I've been experiencing for months now. Is it possible this could just be signals the electric company uses to track electricity usage? Was this client with a company other than PG&E? I'm on PG&E, so perhaps that could explain the difference in pulse rates."

What can you do if this is the case?

Call the utility company and say that smart meter affects my electronics. Ask them to add a filter for the voltage transients or change to different model that does not cause so high amounts of transients. The best thing would be a analog meter but I think they wont do it.

Or even moving the smart meter like there was talk at the other thread if it is in a "bad" spot.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9923
I do have electronic smart meter
And how to figure out if it's not internet problem?
Attachments
IMG_20220428_151822_780.jpg
IMG_20220428_151822_780.jpg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 4335 times

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 01 May 2022, 02:25

Yes, that is the smart electric meter.

Where is the meter exactly located? Near your computer room?

Well it should not be only internet because you said you have it offline too. The lag is caused by something else.

Do you have still copper phone lines in your house? Do you need to use router? Or do you have full fiber so you just plug in ethernet cable?

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 01 May 2022, 18:33

In Germany, they are all in the basement, where the neighbor's hang right next to them.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 03 May 2022, 07:15

InputLagger wrote:
Post deleted. English only please.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 06 May 2022, 10:14

RealNC wrote:
03 May 2022, 07:15
InputLagger wrote:
Post deleted. English only please.
Nvm. He don't read msgs anyway

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 09 May 2022, 11:26

phpBB [video]

fatehasfans

Post by fatehasfans » 09 May 2022, 17:06

Sorry I dont know Russlan anyone translate? Thanks.

x7007

Post by x7007 » 09 May 2022, 19:31

Anyway, I've found the real culprit final test.

Been playing Forza Horizon 3 for a lot of hours and tested Just Cause 4 for a long time, Heroes of the Storm, Movies 2160p HDR and 1080p, FLAC music and many other things. I've found that the COAXIAL cable is the real issue here. I also have a remainder because of sometime some years ago there was serious issue with the Cable Company, none stop issues for 1-2 months, ping lost, 3 mb instead 200mb and upload 1-2 instead 5mb. so I moved to VDSL 100mb and got only 75mb, but all this time I didn't have a single mouse issue. after I got back to Cable company 6 months after or so the problem was fixed but I started to have weird mouse issues and it was worse and worse, it could be also people added more devices and made the issue more serious the longer the time passed.

After I put Ferrites on BOTH COAXIAL cables in my house because it's a splitter one modem to my room and one modem to the living room through the wall, I have access to both cables sticking outside the wall like you saw in the pictures. When I did it EVERY SINGLE THING IMPROVED, from what I said at the start, 99% of the issues fixed, I only left to understand how to speed the mouse a bit like I'm used to but every single issue disappeared, sound improved by multiple levels and I have serious headphones and DAC. Like I said before many times, I had a though the COAXIAL was the issue, many didn't believe and I continued to test other things, the whole point was 1 ferrite WASN'T ENOUGH, that's why the issue RETURNED, the noise had upper floor and not enough to sustain the level of the noise or EMI, adding extra 3-5 and to the many other cables like HDMI which don't have serious EMI protection/shielding helped a lot.

If you have access to your CABLE COAXIAL company I suggest you try to put ferrites on the connectors ASAP, for VDSL I could suggest you could try also, for people with FIBER OPTIC I suggest you put on the HDMI cables and the MOUSE cable.

Also, whoever kept saying my Projector has high input lag and such other nonsense, the input lag is enough to play every single game now, TV/Projector, I can play it all and be better than someone with 1MS, I can't understand how you can compare SKILL to Hardware, some people can kill 900 people with 320x220 resolution in SOFTWARE mode, I did that and I played NFS HOT PURSUIT 3 and won the BEST AI Hardest level by 3 LAPS, I wish I could capture it, but how could I with this resolution and crappy GPU I had and crappy phone years years ago. OFC CRT will be unbeatable, but we are WAY BEYOND that, look to the future, you can't be stuck on bad monitors with 1ms when you have high tech that actually improves THE IMAGE, I wouldn't compare 1ms to Blackest Black OLED and many other features that don't exist on 1MS IPS monitor compare to real Projector hardware and Ambivision LEDs that actually gives you more colors to the eyes.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/707376119
https://imgur.com/a/0dwBye9#GBs64Fi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JzmVjQbgAg

It's not that perfect here but it's hard to notice, my guess it's better now than before because I did the same things for some time before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuwWY1_N3q0&t=310s
Last edited by x7007 on 10 May 2022, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.