[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
pox02

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by pox02 » 09 May 2022, 23:22

i dont know if anyone try it but give it a try grab ups online 1500w min take off the batteries and use converter mode 240v/120v 60hz then use some emi filter inside ups connector like this one https://www.cem-vivant.com/produit-filt ... 35,97.html https://www.electricianinupminster.co.u ... ity-filter https://www.amazon.in/Generic-Female-So ... B07PT424DM then boom no emi/120/240 consistent voltage 60hz

monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Unixko

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Unixko » 10 May 2022, 00:26

cybepine wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 13:05
Patrykelele wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:46
Patrykelele wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 18:40
I have some noticeable delays since 2019, I moved to other place i thought It will be better. I was wrong. Playing games in afternoon is unplayable mouse/keyboard feel unresponsable. Having low stable ping with high speeds +500fps still some delays. I suspected it was internet, but my pings are ok and on offline maps i have more consistant gameplay late nights when everyone is sleeping. It's was big question mark for me untill today. I saw on forum topic about EMI. I find out that I have kind high voltage lines In front of my house. I have my gaming pc in first room to lines, also fiber cabel is directly under these lines. I have new suspect now it can be saturated electrocity lines casue high EMI. I also feel sick to sleep in the room i feel like i can't sleep good. I attached IMG of my house. Tell me guys what u think about that. I have measured the distance beetwen pc and these lines it is about 9m.
cybepine Can u reply here i can't talk in priv
Do you have grounded outlets on your bedroom and computer room? YES
Do you have wireless mouse/keyboard? no
Do you have a AM radio? Do you hear AM stations? I pluged headphones in phone and turn radio so i guess it works
Do you have a smart electric meter? I have no idea
Can i somehow figure out is it internet or EMI
Someone told me that it might be casued by overloaded isp, its better at nights but
in other hand some people say at night they have better online games with lower EMI
You will need a real AM radio to test that. They cost like 15 euros.
In your case it seems to be related electricity usage. Check your electric meter more closely. Type its model here. These smart meters are known to cause problems (wiring voltage transients).
i think guys is time to end this bubble what was created long time ago
you rly think guys that you have problem? you rly hard to belive that there is something from electricity point of view what is affected how your pc behawe?? :D:D
actually there is nothing like that but somewhere somehow create this buble long time ago and its spread like a virus and there is people like us who are able to write deep down to our subconscious that what we think is real but in reality its not and even if you right now start belive that nothing like never exist its not gonna work right away you need to learn rebuild your subconscious to work completly different way
dont get me wrong there is a hardware or software or internet issue but you should focus your energy to fix that thinks what is real from the start with people are able to fix that who has experience in this field
but i belive every single one here smart enough to understand that :)

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 10 May 2022, 17:36

naporitan wrote:
09 May 2022, 11:26
phpBB [video]
That's interesting, never knew it effected that many games..
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 10 May 2022, 18:23

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
10 May 2022, 17:36
naporitan wrote:
09 May 2022, 11:26
phpBB [video]
That's interesting, never knew it effected that many games..
It affects everything.. even my phone, typing feels slow and not responsive on my iphone 8..

x7007

Post by x7007 » 12 May 2022, 21:24

Something weird as hell and I already checked it long time ago, Ferrites on the PCIE cables. this one is strange, I can see 100% improvement and feel the electricity through the cable and the ferrites when I put them on the PCIE, also, I can hear the noise changing, I did notice when the noise changes, becomes weaker or stronger, the mouse movement and input is changing, it happens really fast. So I think our main issue is noise coming to the PCIE cables no matter what it is and give us weird display issues. This is actually the MAIN ISSUE here, now what causing it is many many things, I can suggest you put the Ferrites on your 2 PCIE power cables that connects to your GPU and check, make sure it's really to it's last bit of space of the cable, or else you'll get some pretty weird noises and coil whining which actually affect my body, I start to feel really bad if I let the noises on the wrong position stay for long the higher the FPS the higher the noise, I can't explain what I feel but it's like you get electric shock through the air, and makes headacks. you can call it "electric through the air" which I can also feel if I touch the ferrite and move it around the farther from the last bit of the connector that plugged to the GPU. if we do 1+1 NOISE/EMI/DEVICES + PCIE Power Cabels (xLOAD) = Issues, we need to margin the PCIE power cables or the Devices outside, you could do even both to get the best quality of everything, if you don't do both I guess you'll have left overs of issues of display or some input lag.

I really really gave you the last answer in the straw, all you have to do is try it. I just tried Zombie Army 4 with unlimited fps reached to 500 fps in the menus and 170 in-game with 6900xt and i12700k P5.1 E4.0 and the mouse was damn fast and responsive, it was just as I had long time ago.

The mouse is actually faster than what you see on the video because one it's 120Hz TV and second I really need better camera to show you exactly how it moves. but what's important is it's accurate

What I learned in life, repeat the mistakes and you'll eventually learn, if you don't, you'll be stuck in the same position.

I uploaded 2 videos, one from a game and one shows just the movement

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This video is old but shows where I put the Ferrites
phpBB [video]

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 12 May 2022, 21:42

x7007 wrote:
12 May 2022, 21:24
Something weird as hell and I already checked it long time ago, Ferrites on the PCIE cables. this one is strange, I can see 100% improvement and feel the electricity through the cable and the ferrites when I put them on the PCIE, also, I can hear the noise changing, I did notice when the noise changes, becomes weaker or stronger, the mouse movement and input is changing, it happens really fast. So I think our main issue is noise coming to the PCIE cables no matter what it is and give us weird display issues. This is actually the MAIN ISSUE here, now what causing it is many many things, I can suggest you put the Ferrites on your 2 PCIE power cables that connects to your GPU and check, make sure it's really to it's last bit of space of the cable, or else you'll get some pretty weird noises and coil whining which actually affect my body, I start to feel really bad if I let the noises on the wrong position stay for long the higher the FPS the higher the noise, I can't explain what I feel but it's like you get electric shock through the air, and makes headacks. you can call it "electric through the air" which I can also feel if I touch the ferrite and move it around the farther from the last bit of the connector that plugged to the GPU. if we do 1+1 NOISE/EMI/DEVICES + PCIE Power Cabels (xLOAD) = Issues, we need to margin the PCIE power cables or the Devices outside, you could do even both to get the best quality of everything, if you don't do both I guess you'll have left overs of issues of display or some input lag.

I really really gave you the last answer in the straw, all you have to do is try it. I just tried Zombie Army 4 with unlimited fps reached to 500 fps in the menus and 170 in-game with 6900xt and i12700k P5.1 E4.0 and the mouse was damn fast and responsive, it was just as I had long time ago.

The mouse is actually faster than what you see on the video because one it's 120Hz TV and second I really need better camera to show you exactly how it moves. but what's important is it's accurate

What I learned in life, repeat the mistakes and you'll eventually learn, if you don't, you'll be stuck in the same position.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
All of the videos look awfully delayed. Your PC is so dusty as well. I dont know what display / refresh that is but omg. Those ferrites didn't change much if any at all. That looks AWFUL. It's hard to see your movement in the gameplay video though. I don't know why you'd play on a 120hz TV.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 13 May 2022, 01:19

“ What I learned in life, repeat the mistakes and you'll eventually learn, if you don't, you'll be stuck in the same position.”

Am fairly certain that is the definition of madness according to Einstein.

You’ve been harping on about ferrites on overclock for so long, please don’t come and infect this forum with your bogus fixes too, thanks.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 13 May 2022, 03:35

x7007 wrote:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
With the amount of dust in your case, EMI should be the least of your concern lol.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 13 May 2022, 09:02

x7007 wrote:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
What luck I ordered ferrite cores just last week. I'll definitely give this a try and then report back here.