[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply

assombrosso

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by assombrosso » 28 Dec 2021, 07:27

Yep there's no way a player can reach past 1900 elo with my input lag. Without it, i was dominating level 6-8 players consistently on every game, with it, level 2-3 players give me a run fory own money. My spraying doesn't work, pistols are 700x harder to kill with, trying to win gun fights without util/out smarting enemy team is nearly impossible lol. The only reason why im staying level 5-6 is because i hard try with awp, try to use tactics in every round, fake sites 3 times. Ill give this another try with a new pc +new location +new isp sometime soon in near future ,if it keeps happening ill start to focus on other games that require no input lag

NJb

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by NJb » 28 Dec 2021, 07:41

Kalppus wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 08:25
Tell me I am not crazy. I hope you have time to read this and give your confirm and opinion about this. And possibly tell, if this what I am doing is the right choise and should I try something else still and maybe there is things I have not taken to my observation. I am really desperate and getting eaten day by day because of this. So could you read this and perhaps help me even tho I probably know already the problem, but I think you can just confirm this.

So let me begin. I am guy from Finland. I am very competitive player of cs, and I believe I could get somewhere in this game, But unfortunately there came problems. I had to start play platform called FACEIT to proceed in this game. Because when I played MM or popflash matches and so on I used to get like 40 kills in global elite MM, So I believed I could be some kind of "older" talent in this game and I could get somewhere with this talent (at least I want to fulfill my dream and see where it takes me, even tho it maybe never takes me that high). I have played 6000hrs cs and it feels like life to me.
So anyway now, when I had to start play cs in faceit there came problem. To play faceit you must use their anticheat called "faceit anti-cheat". Well when I lauch my cs while my profile is logged into the anticheat I get so terrible and awful input lag, it is just like you already know, because you talk in here about it. Mouse is delayed in the game, actions, movement everything is very delayed and sluggish, hitreg is huge problem and bullets are travelling very weirdly. Also when I am seeing enemy or enemy hit me the game kinda microfreezes or stutters very badly in these events. As you can guess now my gameplay is impossible with these problems. I have managed to get into 2600 elo in faceit, but I have to play very weirdly, because I know i lose my duels almost everytime, if I am trying to peek the enemy, because of these problems, so my gameplay is basically just going first as a bait or holding 100% sure angles where I can kill enemy. I can not even imagine what could i achieve, if this stupid game worked.

and now to make sure for you I am not some random stupid kid who thinks this "could" be one problem option that I am having. I tell you I am 100% sure this is it. I have had this year and like I said this problem is eating my day by day. So ofc I have done many things and some research.

I can begin what I have tried to fix this input lag. And oh firstly, yeah there is some same kind of lags in other games too but not as bad as "cs with faceit anitcheat on". And my cs is working almost fine with other anticheats and its working fine by itself, but I only got this problem with faceit anticheat, I know it might sound for some of you that ah its the anticheat interfacting with some other programs then, but noo noo, its not that. I have had faceit support team over my computer checking things and giving some scripts and different versions of AC so it could fix, but there is no difference. It is like the faceit anticheat just changes the game so much like it affected to the electricity somehow.

You perfectly described my experience from 2016-2020 with CS. I changed my playstyle so I would only stay in bait-ish, 100% sure angles because I knew if I fair 1v1 peeked him I would most likely get shot at before I even reacted.

You should note that, under normal circumstances and without any custom tweaks, the game should run without these hic-ups. The way you presented your problem definetely confirms it's display/input delay coming from an external source.
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 21:17
1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

If electricity had to be the issue, then you would never reach 10 lvl on faceit. Anyway good luck in fixing it.
I reached 3.5k with this problem. It's easy when you play premade and play extra safe angles and never engage in a fair duel.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 28 Dec 2021, 08:37

NJb wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 07:41
Kalppus wrote:
Tell me I am not crazy. I hope you have time to read this and give your confirm and opinion about this. And possibly tell, if this what I am doing is the right choise and should I try something else still and maybe there is things I have not taken to my observation. I am really desperate and getting eaten day by day because of this. So could you read this and perhaps help me even tho I probably know already the problem, but I think you can just confirm this.

So let me begin. I am guy from Finland. I am very competitive player of cs, and I believe I could get somewhere in this game, But unfortunately there came problems. I had to start play platform called FACEIT to proceed in this game. Because when I played MM or popflash matches and so on I used to get like 40 kills in global elite MM, So I believed I could be some kind of "older" talent in this game and I could get somewhere with this talent (at least I want to fulfill my dream and see where it takes me, even tho it maybe never takes me that high). I have played 6000hrs cs and it feels like life to me.
So anyway now, when I had to start play cs in faceit there came problem. To play faceit you must use their anticheat called "faceit anti-cheat". Well when I lauch my cs while my profile is logged into the anticheat I get so terrible and awful input lag, it is just like you already know, because you talk in here about it. Mouse is delayed in the game, actions, movement everything is very delayed and sluggish, hitreg is huge problem and bullets are travelling very weirdly. Also when I am seeing enemy or enemy hit me the game kinda microfreezes or stutters very badly in these events. As you can guess now my gameplay is impossible with these problems. I have managed to get into 2600 elo in faceit, but I have to play very weirdly, because I know i lose my duels almost everytime, if I am trying to peek the enemy, because of these problems, so my gameplay is basically just going first as a bait or holding 100% sure angles where I can kill enemy. I can not even imagine what could i achieve, if this stupid game worked.

and now to make sure for you I am not some random stupid kid who thinks this "could" be one problem option that I am having. I tell you I am 100% sure this is it. I have had this year and like I said this problem is eating my day by day. So ofc I have done many things and some research.

I can begin what I have tried to fix this input lag. And oh firstly, yeah there is some same kind of lags in other games too but not as bad as "cs with faceit anitcheat on". And my cs is working almost fine with other anticheats and its working fine by itself, but I only got this problem with faceit anticheat, I know it might sound for some of you that ah its the anticheat interfacting with some other programs then, but noo noo, its not that. I have had faceit support team over my computer checking things and giving some scripts and different versions of AC so it could fix, but there is no difference. It is like the faceit anticheat just changes the game so much like it affected to the electricity somehow.

You perfectly described my experience from 2016-2020 with CS. I changed my playstyle so I would only stay in bait-ish, 100% sure angles because I knew if I fair 1v1 peeked him I would most likely get shot at before I even reacted.

You should note that, under normal circumstances and without any custom tweaks, the game should run without these hic-ups. The way you presented your problem definetely confirms it's display/input delay coming from an external source.
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

If electricity had to be the issue, then you would never reach 10 lvl on faceit. Anyway good luck in fixing it.
I reached 3.5k with this problem. It's easy when you play premade and play extra safe angles and never engage in a fair duel.
U would be 1300 elo with my input lag

dervu

Post by dervu » 28 Dec 2021, 09:15

You guys argue about something that you can't measure and can't compare. It's like comparing whose dick is bigger, when you don't know what measure is.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

akylen

Post by akylen » 28 Dec 2021, 09:28

dervu wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 09:15
You guys argue about something that you can't measure and can't compare. It's like comparing whose dick is bigger, when you don't know what measure is.
I agree, to be honest what you're saying about your elo won't help solving this issue

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 28 Dec 2021, 12:32

assombrosso wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 08:37
NJb wrote:
Kalppus wrote:

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

Nah it mostly depends on when your problems came in. 1500 elo player who unfortunately discovered input lag on his setup will struggle to play on his 1500 avg elo. In other hand some 3k elo player will still be able to play on his avg elo but will lose duels like everyone mentioned above. Personally I did have 2900 elo at the beginning like in 2018 when I found input lag on my PC, and I still have around 3k elo after 3 years of struggling with input lag. However, I changed my playstyle like someone said above, and now I can easily lost a 1v1 duel with some 2k elo avg player so :) :) :) This is very depressing honestly

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 29 Dec 2021, 17:38

Wayzer wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 12:32
assombrosso wrote:
NJb wrote:
Kalppus wrote:

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
1. 2600 elo
2. ingame problems

choose one

Nah it mostly depends on when your problems came in. 1500 elo player who unfortunately discovered input lag on his setup will struggle to play on his 1500 avg elo. In other hand some 3k elo player will still be able to play on his avg elo but will lose duels like everyone mentioned above. Personally I did have 2900 elo at the beginning like in 2018 when I found input lag on my PC, and I still have around 3k elo after 3 years of struggling with input lag. However, I changed my playstyle like someone said above, and now I can easily lost a 1v1 duel with some 2k elo avg player so :) :) :) This is very depressing honestly
Yea good point, i see myself doing just good enough to keep up if i played in a stack of level 10 vs level 10 team, but like u said, u have to play with the team to win every round, u have to rely alot on calls/util and playing very safe anglea. Most of the impact will be on ct side because u wait for them to push but entry fragging, clutching a round with a rifle and winning eco rounds with deagle will be almost impossible and this is why its not fun and depressing. Look at streamers like d0cc, he plays aggressive every game and gets away with alot of "bad" decisions because he has zero lag, he knows he can get away with it. This is why its so fun for them and very boring for us

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 29 Dec 2021, 19:25

assombrosso wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 17:38
Wayzer wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 12:32
assombrosso wrote:
NJb wrote:

Yea good point, i see myself doing just good enough to keep up if i played in a stack of level 10 vs level 10 team, but like u said, u have to play with the team to win every round, u have to rely alot on calls/util and playing very safe anglea. Most of the impact will be on ct side because u wait for them to push but entry fragging, clutching a round with a rifle and winning eco rounds with deagle will be almost impossible and this is why its not fun and depressing. Look at streamers like d0cc, he plays aggressive every game and gets away with alot of "bad" decisions because he has zero lag, he knows he can get away with it. This is why its so fun for them and very boring for us
Oh yeah man absolutely true. This is so frustrating actually... I can't even enjoy competetive CS anymore, I'm playing like not me idk how to say it, but this conflict in your head that you played good before and used to win duels, do some clutches, rare insane stuff etc., and now you're literally like partially disabled, it's so distressing. About streamers ikr, especially about "bad" decisions, lmao I cant even allow myself bad decisions cuz I'll die instantly. This is so true, I play not like passive but more on 100% kills, 100% peeks, 100% angles etc. On the other hand some dummy 0.59 KR players can just ran through the smoke do some kills and I cant punish them for that. I had good aim back in the day actually, and as you said before about bad decisions, 60% of my playstyle was just doin some dumb shit in pugs, and get away with kills cuz my aim compensated my bad/dumb decisions. Now I'm more like a passive robot-like angle holder. :P Kinda sad tho if u ask me xd
Now my only hope is to move to other apartments next year with the whole new setup and peripherals.

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 04 Jan 2022, 00:10

I can confirm it it’s different at places some felt good for 2 days after that a slight delay and others are just horrible I visited another guy and the audio and frames looked fine but the delay was massive I’m talking about 1/4 headshots got registered.
And for my own home it got worse each year but every night at 3-4am it’s 50% fixed.
Also my new apartment felt even worse I can’t say if my parts are damaged but it’s strange that it’s gone at night. I thought that I’ll focus on discharging my laptop without battery, run it over a extra dc powersupply so I can set voltage etc. and check with an oszi the current and ripple cause I can confirm this shit is on my lap as well. if there still issues we can atleast exclude lot of things cause creating a clean sin wave is way harder.
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.