[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dervu

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by dervu » 25 May 2022, 09:37

To even begin such comparisons you have to give some proof. To compare you need some data, statistics, not just feeling its better or worse.
I do not think aby company would start job like that when all you can say its better or worse.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

MegaMelmek

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by MegaMelmek » 25 May 2022, 09:56

gadpaw wrote:
25 May 2022, 01:26
Guys what if try find minimum 2 places where 100% exists problem and where 100% not exists problem?
Ofc more places - better.

And start craudfinding company for compare this places, - try find what different in this places
and what help to correct or reduce problem in "bad place".

Mb I am not original, and someone goes this way, mb is there a first result?
This will solve it and find the way for other ppl….
I am 100% in.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 25 May 2022, 10:05

dervu wrote:
25 May 2022, 09:37
To even begin such comparisons you have to give some proof. To compare you need some data, statistics, not just feeling its better or worse.
I do not think aby company would start job like that when all you can say its better or worse.
If you get the two same monitor
one 60Hz
second 144Hz
can you tell the difference before you see the numbers?
I think there is a lot of ppl that can sense it, thas what i am looking for i am 100% sure is bad electricity bud i need know difference between good and bad in numbers. After that we can solve it…

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 25 May 2022, 20:52

MegaMelmek wrote:
25 May 2022, 10:05
dervu wrote:
25 May 2022, 09:37
If you get the two same monitor
one 60Hz
second 144Hz
can you tell the difference before you see the numbers?
I think there is a lot of ppl that can sense it, thas what i am looking for i am 100% sure is bad electricity bud i need know difference between good and bad in numbers. After that we can solve it…
i had the oportunnity to see the diference in a good place and in a place who gaming feels like absolutely shit and when you are face to face with this problem the difference is insane is not only the perception of the mouse accuraccy is everything the visual quality the audio quality even the brightness of the screen is different this problem is a huge thing!

gadpaw

Post by gadpaw » 02 Jun 2022, 04:56

I came up with a crazy theory of the input lag problem. :DDD
sorry for the "machine translation".
It's all a joke, and I didn't mean to!

There are "special" people in society, so to speak, and so that they can "honestly" compete in games, they are added to a certain pool of players (there can be a lot of ofc pools (10, 20, 10000) and in general for all categories of people). What is the connection with lags. Lags are just a decrease in fps, because not for all "special" people from the pool, smoothness and a real high fps is safe (epilepsy, for example). Consider the problem not a curse, but a blessing and protecting you from a highly competitive environment.

What bugs are there in the system - for example, when a person from a high pool accidentally gets into a low pool, while his vertical rank does not practically matter, but may be a bronze player, it will seem to you as if it is playing 10xFaker (and it will not be a smurf).

And of course this system can be more complicated, not just vertical and horizontal rank, there can be multidimensional cubes...

What are the confirmations of the theory - information about the mythical "hidden pool" in dota 2, all sorts of individual pools in each division in lol, i.e. in lol - this system is not hidden...
Also try to invite a friend (he is most likely from a medium or high rank) and let him play on your computer, after that you will not be able to fill even 0.001 kda for several games or even the whole day.

Who are the esports players - these are those who are aware of the whole system, they are just actors, all games are scripted, and sometimes, if this is not a global event, they record several versions of games for different pools, it is not difficult for them to portray the levels of different pools, because most of them started playing from a low pulla, but because of some "miracle", they were able to become ordinary people and got into a high pool.

Is there an advantage to a low pool, but this is only an incredible level of intuition, because pragmatically they cannot assess the situation. And that's why high-level players cannot become the greatest esports players - they don't have this intuition, because their opponent rose from the very bottom. And of course, players from a high pool can easily become esports players, but most often of an average level; although they are usually not interested in it.

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 02 Jun 2022, 13:52

MaleGigolo wrote:
16 May 2022, 12:19
I'll be buying Nintendo Switch OLED and enjoying games without this issue because I really think it is a power issue not issue with electromagnetic interference. When you think about it all the people who have started this EMI/RFI/EMF thing never backed it up with any proof or when asked to showcase their Power Condtioners, UPS, Laptops that have the issue they never did because most these people lie about having Gaming Laptops and Power Conditioners that can run games without main power.

I won't name them but I will give few examples

- Guy from Overclock claimed Solar Panel was the solution and after that claimed it wasn't. Someone in a different forum called him out for that said that he asked him for a proof of his solar set up and he never gave it. Another guy from NVIDIA thread was asked to provide proof of his receipt of Power Conditioner that he btw claimed that it fixed his issue and he never gave it . The same guy now claims moving to another place fixed his issue while blocking and ignoring everyone that asks him anything about it or any proof

- Another guy from a different forum has said that his PC runs normal on battery and now few months later he changed his opinion and speaks about electromagnetic interference. When asked for picture/proof of his Power Conditioner/UPS he never gave it

A lot of people here have been lying, promoting products for $$ and caught in their own lies for no reason other than to prove other people that they fixed their problem when they never did. If you are so sure about issue being electromagnetic interference Chief has said multiple times that it CANNOT damage equipment and THAT IS A FACT and I know from my OWN experience that ALL of my equipment works without any issues at night. So why all of you claiming this simply don't go to any other place other than your own you can literally go to a random park or any place in nature where there are no electronics and possible source of interference and confirm your theory instead of spreading lies?

Some of y'all would rather speculate and gossip for years instead of trying to focus on a solution smh
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2022, 14:00

MaleGigolo wrote:
16 May 2022, 12:19
If you are so sure about issue being electromagnetic interference Chief has said multiple times
It's best not to paraphrase me -- never -- always link to original posts.

Because of The Famous Chinese-Whisper Problem, where information keeps getting distorted when parrotted as second-hand or third-hand information.

It's practically true in certain contexts, but false in other contexts.

I never said EMI can't damage equipment -- it is just highly unlikely when I narrowscope it to things like low-voltage wires next to ordinary power wires -- since that's lower-level interference than a lot of kinds of EMI that can actually do damage.

Nuclear EMP definitely damages equipment, as well as an EMP from an MRI (e.g. if you accidentally put a smartphone inside a powerful hospital scanner -- they can go dead).

Twenty years ago, I can tell you a true story where an EMP from one gadget damaged another gadget.

I actually accidentally bricked one of my BlackBerry pagers in year 2002 from an xenon camera flash -- I never knew that large xenon camera flashes (especially with 1990s-era transformers) could generate an EMP/radiation powerful enough to damage a silicon chip that was held millimeters from it (I was holding the BlackBerry against the flash while using the flash.

It might have been as simple as single flash-memory bit flip from X-ray radiation emitted from the Xenon tube (old Xenon tubes sometimes went to voltages high enough to emit a small amount of X-rays). But that did not matter -- the BlackBerry 950 pager was dead, and would not respond to a firmware reinstall. Screen instantly went blank the moment the camera flash went off just millimeters away from it.

Many gadgets of yesteryear emitted larger EMP -- such as malfunctioning cathode ray tubes can emit a lot more X-rays. But it can happen to any ultra-high-voltage tube like neon tubes or camera flash tubes, or even certain kinds of vaccuum tubes before transistors.

(X-Rays is one of the many possible forms of EMP -- can be any frequency, radio, microwave, X-Ray, gamma, visible light, infrared, etc. Sufficiently intensely bright, it can do unexpected damage to nearby gadgets). Yesterday, that's why they told you not to put things through an analog airport X-Ray machine. But once digital X-ray machines arrived at airports, they had 90% less strength to get vastly superior high-def X-ray images, and newer electronics/films tended to be more X-ray immune.)

However, modern xenon flashes no longer do that since they now use solid-state electronics that don't go as high voltage, and use smaller xenon tubes that don't need as high voltages (that generates X-rays).

P.S. Yesterday's AC adaptors (copper-winding transformers) is a form of using EMP to change voltages. One winding injects a field into the ferromagnetic core of a transformer, and another copper winding (fewer windings or more windings) picks up this and changes this EMP back to a voltage. So your old heavy cube-shaped AC adaptor (from 30 years ago) is an "intentional EMP/EMI" to change one voltage to another voltage. This was the days when copper was still cheap and switching power supplies was still ultra-expensive. In some cases, a malfunctioning AC adaptor mere millimeters or an inche away from ultra-sensitive electronics, have caused some weird effects or even damage (e.g. bit flips in early EEPROM chips), like AC adaptors on a power bar flush against old sensitive electronics inside a tight-fitting cabinet, etc.

The bottom line is that it is extremely rare for EMI to damage a modern computer, especially since most EMI/EMPs are extremely weak after a few inches of air (unless it's a big field emitter like a giant unshielded CRT tube before the lead-glass days ... or a hospital scanner ... or a nuclear bomb .... etc). However, it is not a zero chance. Any EMI/EMP that goes over a low-voltage wire (short of a direct lightning strike to the wires attached), the wire is generally incapable of emitting enough EMI to permanently damage a computer directly except indirectly from rube-goldberg dominoe effects (e.g. interrupting or corrupting an in-progress flash memory upgrade as an example, in a situation where there is poor fallback logic to previous firmware, etc) --
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 07 Jun 2022, 19:00

My pc doesn’t feel damaged at all!
I had the best games with my old laptop still to this day… (5yr) And the only thing I know that could harm something are harmonics(they can damage psus) but when I swapped psus it usually had no effect..
So I assume my laptop is still fine but it won’t work with a normal generator!? Mb cause it’s also not clean.
When I run my other laptop over usb c with a diy battery it still feels shit(dc-dc). Mb I need to wait like a week or sth who knows!
(Idk I rather run a laptop over dc than my pc over an ac battery like an ups cause these inverters are usually not good enough) btw you can also power a pc psu with dc if you modify it.
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

wadge

Post by wadge » 08 Jun 2022, 14:03

Did someone already tried a linear power supply ? like this one :

http://home.teradak.com/products/55.html

x7007

Post by x7007 » 08 Jun 2022, 20:54

This freaking connector is what caused mayhem. it's the cable connected from my room to the other room to the living room. the electric device is from 2011!!
i called the ISP service and they'll come to replace all the sockets!
when I disconnect these even just one of the cables it's killing the internet downstairs in the living room which is like connecting from one cable to other cable it's fix the issues instant!! freaking COAXIAL

The laptop mouse is also fixed 100%!

More pictures
https://imgur.com/a/Gm0eRNN#WCOo1Fk

I had an older device since 2001! like this it's called a LOOP same plug and everything, I connected it, the modem in the living room works and sync!

mouse is crazy insane fast and accurate
Still need to replace all the other plugs! I have 2 or 3 more and to change all the old splitters.
He is not going to leave until he do them all

For some reason wifi on the modem I connected the 2001 device getting only 6mb through WIFI, but TV NETFLIX and other streaming service works perfect. wooot....

phpBB [video]