[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by RealNC » 13 May 2022, 10:44

Vocaleyes wrote:
13 May 2022, 01:19
Had to issue a warning for this post since it's a personal attack on another user.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by RealNC » 13 May 2022, 10:47

MaleGigolo wrote:
13 May 2022, 07:19
You signed up to the forum and your first post is an insult against another user. Well done.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

MaleGigolo

Post by MaleGigolo » 13 May 2022, 11:23

RealNC wrote:
13 May 2022, 10:47
MaleGigolo wrote:
13 May 2022, 07:19
You signed up to the forum and your first post is an insult against another user. Well done.
It's not an insult and my point is that you guys as mods should help him because everyone knows him and that he has been doing this for 5-7 years instead of allowing him to keep doing this and spreading false misinformation you should prevent him by not giving him a platform

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 May 2022, 12:36

MaleGigolo wrote:
13 May 2022, 11:23
It's not an insult and my point is that you guys as mods should help him because everyone knows him and that he has been doing this for 5-7 years instead of allowing him to keep doing this and spreading false misinformation you should prevent him by not giving him a platform
I can't ban someone just because he believes in something I don't.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 14 May 2022, 01:51

It’s all good and well to believe whatever you want, that wasn’t the issue.

The issue begins when the people that believe what they want then begin knocking on your door spreading ‘the word’.

Jokes aside, I apologise for the ‘personal attack’, but stand by the premise, the lad is notorious for his constant ‘fixes’ and I hope it doesn’t reach the same state over here that it did over on overclock.

gadpaw

Post by gadpaw » 14 May 2022, 03:15

Vocaleyes wrote:
14 May 2022, 01:51
It’s all good and well to believe whatever you want, that wasn’t the issue.

The issue begins when the people that believe what they want then begin knocking on your door spreading ‘the word’.

Jokes aside, I apologise for the ‘personal attack’, but stand by the premise, the lad is notorious for his constant ‘fixes’ and I hope it doesn’t reach the same state over here that it did over on overclock.
Perhaps you are in angry because him found an effective way :)

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 14 May 2022, 04:57

I quite literally have a ferrite on every cable I have in my home. I bought the massive multipack when I was recommended by another user a couple years back.
They do nothing to resolve this issue, in my case anyway.

MaleGigolo

Post by MaleGigolo » 16 May 2022, 12:19

EDIT: NVM. Problem is probably over the air interference. Laptop made no difference
Last edited by MaleGigolo on 16 Mar 2023, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

dervu

Post by dervu » 16 May 2022, 15:54

I agree with RFI/EMI being ridiculous. If it was it, someone would notice it on spectrum analyzer.
I also think that for now noone have any proof that any well known phenomenon related to electricity would cause this. With all available tools and theories out there floating in different places, someone would fix it and give at least a piece of proof.

However, there is one not well known yet phenomenon called supraharmonics.
According to some studies already done about it:
- It can affect electronics
- Its severity depends on other devices present in grid, which are not sources themselves, but act as secondary emission source
- Also there are some observations that overlap with observations of many peoples suffering this issue, i.e Symptom changes on computer behavior depending on changes with power connection or connecting disconnecting other devices
- They can travel far

Question is how common this supraharmonic is, there are barely any tools that you can begin to measure with (cost around $5k USD, possible to rent) - PQ Box 300 from A. Eberle.
Source: https://www.a-eberle.de/wp-content/uplo ... _HP_EN.pdf
https://energiforskmedia.blob.core.wind ... 17-461.pdf
Also there are many other publications on that, but noone have done yet any tests for PCs, as far as I know.

Supraharmonics are coming from:
• Industrial size converters (9 to 150 kHz)
• Oscillations around commutation notches (up to 10 kHz)
• Street lamps (up to 20 kHz)
• EV chargers (15 kHz to 100 kHz)
• PV inverters (4 kHz to 20 kHz)
• Household devices (2 to 150 kHz)
• Power line communication, AMR (9 to 95 kHz)

Those devices are common. It doesn't have to mean that everyone around them would suffer.
Maybe it is some combo of devices in grid that make this issue appear (with source being one of above).

In medium voltage grids, so not in buildings - it can travel up to 16km.
Let's say that in low voltage grids it could travel 1/10 of that, that is already far.

No institution regulates it, there are no laws or rules for it yet. It is not well understood yet.
But maybe with some luck someone from those people studying it would look into it when someone would confirm with such device that it is present in place with such issue.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

gadpaw

Post by gadpaw » 25 May 2022, 01:26

Guys what if try find minimum 2 places where 100% exists problem and where 100% not exists problem?
Ofc more places - better.

And start craudfinding company for compare this places, - try find what different in this places
and what help to correct or reduce problem in "bad place".

Mb I am not original, and someone goes this way, mb is there a first result?